Game-Labs Forum

June content patch expected date

• 7 day port battle cool down is under review and might be changed as well.

To 14 days I hope. 

If you pay attention to what people are saying and have been saying, here and in the national chats, you would know that everyone has port exhaustion. This game should take place on the open sea; ports battles should be huge and rare events, where everyone has prepared for for awhile. Much like a season finale battle in GoT.

Not a flippant overused mechanic that drives people to stop taking part in port battles and national diplomacy. Hell, it has stopped entire clans from doing it, they now play as pirates even though they aren't part of the pirate nation.

Threatening or enticing people to take part in an overused and boring game mechanic would not be the way forward either.

So please listen to the majority of players and implement the 7 day cool down, for the love of all that is afloat on the sea.

Edited by Captain Lord Cochrane

To be fair, it's a sand box, we are supposed to be the ones determining things as much as is practical. Now no one forced us to run out and take huge swaths of ports we didn't need. Many of us thought that up all on our own. Most likely because a lot of us came from POTBS and there that is how you "win" the game. In the sand box that strategic plan just sets us up to play exhausting port ping pong.

Now maybe some more RvR structure or goals options offered by the Devs would be a good thing. But not too much. Rather than hard coded restriction I much rather prefer soft incentives with players still having the over all choice in their actions. So instead if hard coding restrictions of when a port can be assaulted I would rather see extra costs involved for those choosing that path to ping pong.

Some ideas. Substantial cost increases for each flag pulled in a 24 hour period. Unused ports reverting back to original owner or such.

You can choose not to attack 50 ports a day indeed bu you are still forced to defend 50 ports a day if you dont want to find yourself confined to your home port quite fast :) 

Although they are removing the flag planting mechanic, i indeed would prefer to see a mix of the most recent dev vision of port battles being initiated after attaining a certain level of unrest in the area of the said port + the previous idea of actually building a resource intensive assault fleet. Really not a fan of artificial caps like 7 day timer, port battles being accessible by only certain rate of ships and so on. 

No maintenance warning on the server, no shutdown yet ... Polishing patch and doing maintenance + patch release at the same time a bit later in the day or Dev in charge is only a bit late ? 

Last time we had maintenance and a couple of hours later a patch with another shutdown, maybe this time they will do all at the same time ? 

High hopes for a patch ^^