Game-Labs Forum

June content patch expected date

<p>

Approximate date of June content patch deployment is 28 June

There might be another hotfix next week regarding several minor issues (including flag exploits)

Notes

• Provisions wont be added to ship blueprints based on overwhelming feedback, instead they will act an important role in crew recovery.
  • 7 day port battle cool down is under review and might be changed as well.

Instead of a prolonged cool down, consider port battles in terms of the impact they would have.

My suggestion is that the local population would be loyal to their homeland, and would only change allegiance slowly, so initially 100% loyal, but each time an enemy fleet defeats the port defenses, loyalty decreases say 36%, when defenders win, loyaltyvgoes back up 36% to a max of 100%. It would take 3 successful battles to make the port neutral, the next successful attack would flip the port to the attackers nation. The numbers could be different, just suggesting an initial idea. Ships stored in harbor could add a modifier as well. No timers under this proposal, and no cool down either, but would take multiple successes to flip the port....at least 1 to make neutral and not to flip, or as suggested above.

Exactly plus if they gank 24/7 and destroying/capping all their ships they won't be able to craft and replace the lost ships which cause they won't be able to attack any port after 7 days which means this nation is done and finished and the players will quitt for sure.

yeah here is our winner statement of the hour --- ".....this nation is done and finished and the players will quit for sure"  .....  best way to win any perpetual game -- make the other players QUIT playing. Tell me how does that work for you, when you want to battle someone -- who has "quit" the game?

Or did you think that ALL the way through?

However I did like your post about the 5 non-capturable ports/nation.. was a similar idea/suggestion I posted over a month ago.

Admin still here? Is this patch still on the plan for the 28th?

I'm wondering if I need to make sure I relocate my pvp1 ships this weekend to account for removed ship teleports and if I need to start liquidating the useless junk I have on pvp2 for the merge redeemables.

please tell me there is some ACTUAL new on the merger front, like can we get something that resembles a timeline and a date, the one thing the devs have completely screwed themselves on is their inability to say anything but vague and generalized statements. which has killed alot of the player base off.

So, how about some actual information instead of generalization where the players agonize and interpret a non information statement into whatever their hopes or fears are.

• Like 1

please tell me there is some ACTUAL new on the merger front, like can we get something that resembles a timeline and a date, the one thing the devs have completely screwed themselves on is their inability to say anything but vague and generalized statements. which has killed alot of the player base off.

So, how about some actual information instead of generalization where the players agonize and interpret a non information statement into whatever their hopes or fears are.

It has caused many PvP2 players to jump the gun like a premature ...........

Also, it would be nice if the admins would post these updates on the forum calendar for easy access.

Edited by Cpt Blackthorne
  • Like 1

I do not know if I understand very well (my English is very bad), but this is what you looking for?

Well, I agree that perhaps lacking a specific date there (the day) ....

When will we see the new indiaman classes?

Huh? We already have the only one they have mentioned anywhere I can find.. Only Trade ship I can think of they talked about we don't have yet is the Amsterdam.

I am more interested in when they are going to reduce the cargo capacity of the smaller ships to their proper numbers:). If only to hear the crying and see the tears

I do not know if I understand very well (my English is very bad), but this is what you looking for?

Well, I agree that perhaps lacking a specific date there (the day) ....

that is a not information, there is no date, no actual plan for it going forward, no nothing, that's  the point of my post, another 1/2 sentence that causes doom and gloom with no information behind it. some people on pvp2 actually have decided or hoped rather that pve and pvp2 are merging because of this. I want information and clarity. not other people's opinions and fortune telling skills.

Huh? We already have the only one they have mentioned anywhere I can find.. Only Trade ship I can think of they talked about we don't have yet is the Amsterdam.

I thought the Indiaman *is* the Amsterdam?  Kinda like how "Frigate" was apparently once called the Cherubim (and still has that name emblazoned on its transom)?

Or are Indiaman and Amsterdam two completely different ships?

I thought the Indiaman *is* the Amsterdam?  Kinda like how "Frigate" was apparently once called the Cherubim (and still has that name emblazoned on its transom)?

Or are Indiaman and Amsterdam two completely different ships?

The indiaman we have is a 28 gun. The amsterdam is a 42 i believe

They confirmed it on russian forum it will be here this week.

The major part of the community speaks english and not russian. Why are the devs so tight lipped to the people which bought the game and actually support the whole development? And what will be here this week? Which of the vaguely announced changes will be realised? Server goes down in 9 hours and we know nothing.   :unsure:

• Like 1

The major part of the community speaks english and not russian. Why are the devs so tight lipped to the people which bought the game and actually support the whole development? And what will be here this week? Which of the vaguely announced changes will be realised? Server goes down in 9 hours and we know nothing.   :unsure:

actually we know a decent amount as you can read here: http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/14640-devlog-forthcoming-content-patches-plan/page-1

Because they didnt confirm anything. A Russian guy asked if the patch is coming out tomorrow and the developer answered that they want to release it this week. Not even a solid "will" but a questionable "want to". Hopefully its because they realized that their idea of returning capable AI is horrendous and are removing it currently, and that is the reason its taking longer than expected. :)    

• Like 1

Because they didnt confirm anything. A Russian guy asked if the patch is coming out tomorrow and the developer answered that they want to release it this week. Not even a solid "will" but a questionable "want to". Hopefully its because they realized that their idea of returning capable AI is horrendous and are removing it currently, and that is the reason its taking longer than expected. :)    

The idea of having capturable AI is wonderful because it gives people things to do. just dont let people cap 4th rates and up.

The idea of having capturable AI is wonderful because it gives people things to do. just dont let people cap 4th rates and up.

Of course now you'll have to put a prize crew aboard and sail it back to port in company with your ship. 

• Like 1