Game-Labs Forum

Devlog: Forthcoming content patches plan

Sounds interesting, 2 things I dont quite understand:

• Fleets will be brought back with improvements

Will there be fleets consiting of better vessels for any rank to use?

• Ship capture will be back for all vessels except for lineships

What about capping AI SoL's? no more gold in return for them? or how will that work?

Other than that, nice to see you guys working on it and planning :)

Some nice stuff listed, can't wait but this : Leaderboards and PvP rewards, please no leaderboards and ranking, it leads always to silly stuff in all games, don't bring this into the game please, listing how many ships a Nation have sunk or how many tons of merchandises one Nation took from traders captures ok, but please don't do individual leader-boards for players.

Fishing , is there at least a basic fishing ship dedicated to this, like a non armed pickle or lynx fishing ship or it will only be the crew on warships able to do this like suggested in some other threads ? 

7 day cool down on successful port captures this will be a nice long awaited chnage

New production buildings, still few labor hours available, increase of prices for everything, we are not all playing with 2 or more accounts to get more hours like many i know doing this:/

XP for trading this needs to be carefully implemented or it can be easily exploited, wait and see how it will look like.

Potential blueprints system rework will be about time.

Pacific coast opens (hopefully) great

Nothing about ships crafting rework listed tho, and nothing about the possibility to craft the recently added upgrades in the next patch ? 

Can't wait to see next patch already, crew hiring and fishing in particular, and see is provisions will change something for the gameplay or nothing  at all beside waisting more resources into the ship construction and more labor hours into the production buildings.

Bring it on i'm ready 

Sounds Great...

Was wondering about crafting and buildings...hour distribution is somewhat low if players are to replace the AI economy.  Crafting hours based upon level is fine, however you should disconnect building production from crafting.  You could attach it to the player rank or have it as part of officer recruiting by including a provisioning officer who would be responsible for food and resource production.

Sounding mostly good. I was very annoyed when ship capture was removed, and now that it's being brought back I'm not sure I like the idea anymore (typical whining gamer, I know). Won't that finish killing the crafted ships market that is already saturated for some ship types ?

Speaking of, is there a plan for new ships releases ? 4th rate and up need more variety, lest this game become a 90s style "Connies vs Pavels" study sim ;)

• Like 1

Remembering :

- Wind strengths ?

- Resources economy - less AI more player run ?

- possible ROE changes ?

- Translation of weather into battle instances ?

I know it is just a general layout and thank you for it, gives an idea of the timeline and aims-

• Like 12

Is the "War and Port battles rework" part of the June content patch, or will it just be 7 day cooldowns on port captures implemented on current PB mechanics?

Well that is all very exciting, thank you for announcing your long term plans, it will mean there are plenty of things to look forwards to for a lot of players, will this thread be updated with anything else you may add to the development during the time frame or is that a fairly solid schedule?

Looking forwards to all of this, especially the opening of the pacific, there is still a little part of me that is too hopeful about playing the European coast, especially the Mediterranean.

Edited by Fluffy Fishy
  • Like 2

Yey!!! Bye meaningful crafting until 3rd rates. Bye any potential war attrition. Hello unending legions of free ships. Any chance you are at least thinking of making AI fleets be player arranged with actually crafted/bought ships or just 10000000000 ships spawning out of a port free for the taking ? -.- 

• Like 4