Game-Labs Forum

Grander Port Battles tomorrow

Port Battle Tomorrow  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have the Port Battle tomorrow mechanic?

• Yes, barring development cost
    • No, lets wait for the war patch

Port Battles should be grand events and this is clearly understood by the developers, see http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/13606-war-and-port-battles-rework-moderated/

Other suggestions are also up, like http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/14287-24-hour-port-battles/

In the mean time PBs remain to be a "rotten" affair. A lot of them are simply uncontested, because people are unwilling or incapable of showing up. (While the free teleport has elevated already some problems, I still don't have enough outposts to show up everywhere. :P )

Maybe something a bit more simple can be implemented. So I'm going to make a suggestion completely oblivious of potential development cost. :) But if it is easy to implement, then I think devs should take a stab at it.

So here it goes (TL;DR-ers start here):

Instead of buying a flag for a PB now, buy the slot for a PB tomorrow. No more flag carrying, simply open the PB at the given time tomorrow (/ after maintenance).

Then nobody (who is in his gaming timezone) has an excuse not to show up. :D

And thus, grand fight!

One potential exploit someone mentioned to me: Allies buy the slot continuously.

This can be countered by allowing any offender to buy the slot and thus join the attacker side.

Again potbs has solution.

Up to 3 attacking PBs per nation per day= no more snowballing one evening whole enemy nation

This proposal is not about snowballing through ports, but about creating opportunity for people to show up at port battles.

Again potbs has solution.

Up to 3 attacking PBs per nation per day= no more snowballing one evening whole enemy nation

That change with no modifications in the current system would be disastrous ... 

-    You can buy with an alt 3 useless flag from opposing nation and kill that day

-    intra-faction drama would hit a zenith when guild X buys three flags in his saturday morning camgpain leaving all nation unable to attack any ports until sunday..

We are in a beta (EA or call it as you like) lets test damage system now, and pirate/war patches whern they arrive 

• Like 2

Just a notice. Devs posted a while ago the Port Battles changes that are planned. IF you read it carefully you will read that Flags will be obsolete and disappear.

Carry on.

Yup, that's the reference I put in the first line to clarify this is either an interim proposal or potentially a more substantial one. If you want to "Carry on" in the mean time with empty port battles, please vote accordingly.  :P 

• Like 1

oops, thought I did :) I really want to test the patch first and then see how can we tweak it.

As it stands now it is stale so any change is better, given the devs are bringing it let's wait, test and then come back to the posts ( which i do a lot ).

• Like 1

oops, thought I did :) I really want to test the patch first and then see how can we tweak it.

As it stands now it is stale so any change is better, given the devs are bringing it let's wait, test and then come back to the posts ( which i do a lot ).

Isn't your vote then a contradiction? You want any kind of change. So lets see if we can have a quick and potentially simple change. Then admin can continue on his fishing mechanic and ultimately we'll see the war patch. ;)

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/14397-nations-should-rally-against-the-pirates-before-its-too-late/?p=266713

Edited by Skully

That change with no modifications in the current system would be disastrous ... 

-    You can buy with an alt 3 useless flag from opposing nation and kill that day

-    intra-faction drama would hit a zenith when guild X buys three flags in his saturday morning camgpain leaving all nation unable to attack any ports until sunday..

We are in a beta (EA or call it as you like) lets test damage system now, and pirate/war patches whern they arrive 

im not interested in debugging penetration on AI.