Game-Labs Forum

Sorry Devs you have killed the game

Don't you remember? Real Gamers do not need breaks and they have all the privileges in gaming word! They ARE games after all! No TP, no breaks, no life, no fun is allowed when gaming. I hear Real Gamers are pushing an incentive to forbid by law anything that could cause pleasure during gaming - including bathing, tasty food, socially acceptable forms of defecation and lack of physical pain.

No, seriously... I get there is a hardcore crowd out there, but there is also the "hardcorer" one, that - no doubt - would be the first to leave if the game followed their demands. Would call them "elitist" but "cavemanist" sits better with the imagination.

I don't think that anybody here really thinks that hiding inside result screens is the right solution to the problem. Let's be pragmatic and find practical solutions like a timer which hinders other players from tagging you once you left a PvP combat instance. If a group of gankers tagged you and you got away it would have been the gankers' fault for being unable to tag you the right way.. How long should such a timer last or other solutions to the problem are the real questions here and not if hiding inside a silly result screen was right or wrong..

Edited by BACk ALLEY ShENANiGANS

All this talk about join timers, exit zones, entry zones, 4 minute timers, 10 minute timers, no timers, flagtimers, porttimers ...

... One word, hideous! No, two, and spineless.

It is why this game is getting worse, and more unplayable, because the developers are actually listening to uninspiring whiners like you are the lot; not letting them have a chance to turn this game into a sandbox with powerful ideas and concepts for a gamer too loose himself into; to feel the air, wind, trade, fighting, drinking, politics, romance and even cutthroat action of sailing around in the Age of Sail.

Instead you all want to it to be a PvP fest with uninnovative mechanics for the number crunchers, treadmill grinders and metagamers without any imagination only to be able to boast with on the interwebz how you could sink a ship and cause grievance?

Call me a sissy, call me irrelevant, call me a hopeless romantic, call me whatever you want, but if you find a PvP challenge in only tweaking these kind of already stupid mechanics instead of wanting to experience the spirit of what a sandbox the game should be, I'd be challenged to even be able to call you anything.

Shame on you.

Edited by Lytse Pier
  • Like 4

The reason why there is a lack of OW PvP is due to the attittude of a significant population of players.

Outnumbered? Run away

Even fight? Run away

Slightly better odds? Run away.

Overwhelming odds? Ok, lets stay and fight

That, and *******s. Used to be in the gaming community, you could say, hey. I am going on a Real Life break. Bout to go do something. Can you let me get back to the safezone so I can log? Or are you going to insist on murdering my lonely self with your 10 best buds?

I dont see the challenge in that kind of play. 2v1, sure thats doable if the 1 guy has a better ship. If he is facing 2 of the same or better quality...unless the captains suck theres no way he is win ing that fight. Any worse odds and its best to run. But you probably wont escape. So might as well surrender.

So, no PvP, or lackluster, frustrating PvP.

What do these gankers want? Your ship. Thats the only reason they are out there ganking people. For captures.

They sit and moan and whine about 0 PvP but if they actually were looking for a fight they woudnt be gang ganking singles.

They dont want to lose their ships.

• Like 6

Don't you remember? Real Gamers do not need breaks and they have all the privileges in gaming word! They ARE games after all! No TP, no breaks, no life, no fun is allowed when gaming. I hear Real Gamers are pushing an incentive to forbid by law anything that could cause pleasure during gaming - including bathing, tasty food, socially acceptable forms of defecation and lack of physical pain.

No, seriously... I get there is a hardcore crowd out there, but there is also the "hardcorer" one, that - no doubt - would be the first to leave if the game followed their demands. Would call them "elitist" but "cavemanist" sits better with the imagination.

Freebooters bathe every Saturday :o

Oh Yes we do !

Oh and we make sure we wash our clothes thoroughly with clean soap.

----

As a serious exemple two straight attacks today by 3 ships, won't disclose the nation, while I was in my rattlesnake, by a connie a surprise and a snake. Obviously I make distance and the connie and surprise exit. I immediatelly turn to go fight the snake on equal terms, after all I am crazy but not that stupid. He exits.

I get interdicted again. Connie, 3rd and a snake. I run. Connie and 3rd exit. I turn about to face the snake on equal terms. He exits.

I simply close the game and went the rest of the day to the outside while my ship kept on the battle screen.

so what you say is that someone shouldn't be able to tag someone a second time for an undefined amount of time? That's a start  :)

Well, that's one decent option for a solution, but at the same time one's friends can keep on ganking them due to the OW time compression.

Unless they are using self-attack exploit (which is real, huge, game-destroying problem), if your enemy has an instance to log-off in, it is because you lost or failed to reinforce a battle. Accept the consequences of loss. If you weren't there to reinforce in time, then the battle ended hours or days ago in OS time. Gathering in OS on top of a closed battle is an exploit of OS time compression.

Yes!

I think it would be fine if you were automatically logged off after 3 min. Logging back on would put you on OS with no invulnerability and 2 min (or maybe longer) no join timer.

Not bad, but maybe a little longer than 3 min.  Enough time to use the facilities, grab a drink, say hi to the kids, etc. before going back.  Maybe 10 min?  I do like the logged out consequence instead of just being forced out of the end of battle screen though.

go pve lol. You can't have your cake and eat it, too.. Stop being that selfish like only YOU decide when to fight and when not once you're on the OS.. You lose 1 dura and teleport back to base, big deal.. You sail 1 dura ships, you should have known better.

No, you decided to fight f.e. Now i escaped you, why do i need to escape you again before i can do stuff at home ?

Edited by Paint
  • Like 1

No, you decided to fight f.e. Now i escaped you, why do i need to escape you again before i can do stuff at home ?

Aye, I agree with that. However, hiding in result screens is a very 'gamey' and cowardly approach to the issue. I do agree that a ganking group has to show off their skill level on the OS to make a tag good and that they should be punished if the victim makes it out of the battle instance! Maybe instead of refreshing the tag timer just like that, force attackers to get out of the attack radius altogether to cancel and 'retag'? Cause actually, refreshing a tag is too easy if you think about it..

Well, that's one decent option for a solution, but at the same time one's friends can keep on ganking them due to the OW time compression.

A timer which stops other players from tagging you is better i think. The timer should be long enough to reach the next best friendly port without anybody being able to tag you which we do for our dads, GFs and working class people :P ! If you're on the middle of the ocean with no port in sight you would still have enough time to call your allies and nation chat. Taking wind and distance into account while being chased is fun IMHO..

The thing is, there're reasons for getting ganked, situations where you were most likely caught with your pants down.. Such reasons are being lazy, not paying attention, afk sailing, using a slow trade ship

because of cargo space or a warship for farming to get rich, trying to make shortcuts, sailing to a different port before you finish for the night just coz tomorrow it would be more convenient and suddenly BAM! 

you got ganked 5 mins before logging off and to be perfectly honest here the "I have a life, I can't play anymore" argument suddenly doesn't sound very convincing anymore!

Because of that I think that there should be more to it than hiding inside a menu screen..

However, let us find a middle ground and say that you are allowed to go offline inside the result screen but that you won't be able to log in again for 8 hours which is the amount of time you need for work and sleep. This guarantees me that the trader won't immediately log in again like the sneaky carebear he is as soon as I turn my back on him..

Edited by BACk ALLEY ShENANiGANS

so what you say is that someone shouldn't be able to tag someone a second time for an undefined amount of time? That's a start  :)

Sailing into enemy territory should be more risky than sail in don't find the battle you want run away one time and that's it.

Don't sail what you cannot afford to lose.

Interesting ideas put together. In the red enemy waters when it says "This area protected by..." It could be unlimited retags by the nation that own those waters. However, in open / neutral waters, perhaps it could be a time space between tags, say 5 to 10 minutes.

Edited by Cpt Blackthorne
  • Like 1

What does that has to do with being able to step away from the computer after a long chase and battle or after a long fleet assembly and port battle ?

What does a faction benefits has to do with stepping away from the computer after a while and when being able to because of a ridiculous bad tag ? ( it is by far the most common )

• Like 2