Game-Labs Forum

Sorry Devs you have killed the game

Hi,

i've said this in a least 2 threads before and each time the Devs have ignored it , or said it's a game feature.

Letting people hide for unlimited time in the Battle results screen is killing the game.

Well you ignored everyone who told you to get rid of this feature or at least limit it to 10 mins, but you didn't. So now this great game is practically dead.

People want fight , not hang around for 2 hours hoping someone will come out of a battle.

Maybe just maybe, if this "feature" is disabled tomorrow the game muight be saved.

I love this game and have spent a lot of my time on it, but as no one ever fights me I'm on the verge of leaving it forever, sad.

BTW my whole clan and 90% of other people I talk to in TS in other clans feel the same way about it.

Nuff said

Hans

• Like 5

Yeah, while not ideal it's far from gamebreaking. Personally I don't mind it, if people manage to escape my clutches they've usually deserved it, and given how long the chase scenes can go on for, having people get re-tagged 20 seconds later to do it all over again isn't all that great either.

Ye, ppl should be allowed to take a break of like 20-30 mins to have a snack, go bathroom etc but allowing a lonely 1st rate to hide from capture or destruction is something no command would ever approve of  :P

The captain stumbled into that mess and now he has to deal with it.. Not the attackers fault..

In other words, if you wish to log off nobody stops you from doing so.. You surrender your ship and learn from your mistakes.. 

Edited by BACk ALLEY ShENANiGANS

Aegir, on 28 May 2016 - 12:29 PM, said:

Yeah, while not ideal it's far from gamebreaking. Personally I don't mind it, if people manage to escape my clutches they've usually deserved it, and given how long the chase scenes can go on for, having people get re-tagged 20 seconds later to do it all over again isn't all that great either.

That's when you have to start weighing risk against reward. If you go into an enemies turf you shouldn't be able to just hide out after you got yourself caught.

• Like 2

I will say it again. After 30 minutes of chase ( or being chased ) and 90 minutes of battle I wish to step away from the game without any problems. So a mechanic is needed for me to exit the game in result screen.

Sorry for displaying such an eggocentric view of this issue but can't look to it any other way even if it is exploited in some situations.

• Like 8

I will say it again. After 30 minutes of chase ( or being chased ) and 90 minutes of battle I wish to step away from the game without any problems. So a mechanic is needed for me to exit the game in result screen.

Sorry for displaying such an eggocentric view of this issue but can't look to it any other way even if it is exploited in some situations.

So basically Hethwill you support a game mechanic that allows you to attack and sink other players ships and then get away with zero risk by logging off. Very challenging

• Like 1

Hi,

i've said this in a least 2 threads before and each time the Devs have ignored it , or said it's a game feature.

Letting people hide for unlimited time in the Battle results screen is killing the game.

Well you ignored everyone who told you to get rid of this feature or at least limit it to 10 mins, but you didn't. So now this great game is practically dead.

People want fight , not hang around for 2 hours hoping someone will come out of a battle.

Maybe just maybe, if this "feature" is disabled tomorrow the game muight be saved.

I love this game and have spent a lot of my time on it, but as no one ever fights me I'm on the verge of leaving it forever, sad.

BTW my whole clan and 90% of other people I talk to in TS in other clans feel the same way about it.

Nuff said

Hans

Hold on a minute....you and your clan AND ts buddies sit around and battle result spawn cap?????? AAAANNNNDDDDD you sit there for 2 hours doing so??? OH MY WORD! Hell, even sitting around waiting for the 10 minutes you suggest is a waste of time. I believe you are not making use of your time. In 2 hours, you could be hitting 4 ports. Hell you could've sailed from Bermuda to Columbia and found a million more battles. Hell you could've sailed to China AND BACK and found more battles.

Battle result hiders....or 2 hour time-wasting spawn cappers....hhrrrmmm, let me think......NO, the devs have it right on this. Stop gangbanging traders or loners or those who just left an hour long port battle and need a break without being dragged into yet another battle by some fools who have nothing better to do than to sit around for 2 hours or more and then complain that the game is broken and no fun.....WOW

Edited by Cpt Blackthorne
  • Like 2

So basically Hethwill you support a game mechanic that allows you to attack and sink other players ships and then get away with zero risk by logging off. Very challenging

ye, i think you should pay 1 dura and surrender if you don't wanna play anymore.. Some fool went doing missions without any help and suddenly get tagged.. A clan sails into enemy waters and then hides inside result screens once it is getting too tough on the OS? 

What was the line of that loading screen again? "Making the wrong decisions, we're waiting for you when you do so" or something along those lines?

ye, i think you should pay 1 dura and surrender if you don't wanna play anymore.. 

Man, get a life. There are people who do Work 9-5 and dont have 8 hours a day to finally escape someone.

• Like 2

Man, get a life. There are people who do Work 9-5 and dont have 8 hours a day to finally escape someone.

go pve lol. You can't have your cake and eat it, too.. Stop being that selfish like only YOU decide when to fight and when not once you're on the OS.. You lose 1 dura and teleport back to base, big deal.. You sail 1 dura ships, you should have known better.

well i find i don't have much time to play the game so after a fight i log and go about my day. It seams many people have real life things to deal with as well so this feature is not game breaking. we are obviously not part of the 90% he is talking too.

• Like 1

I don't. There is simply no other way for me to step away. If we find a solution I will support it.

I don't. There is simply no other way for me to step away. If we find a solution I will support it.

POTBS's rules, flip port to force a red(pvp) zone around a targeted harbor. Only in red zones around a port is pvp possible or by flagging yourself for pvp to allow full open world pvp. I prefer the old potbs rules anyway but am strongly against getting what you want without consequences besides the obvious exploit of hiding inside result screens..

ye, i think you should pay 1 dura and surrender if you don't wanna play anymore.. Some fool went doing missions without any help and suddenly get tagged.. A clan sails into enemy waters and then hides inside results screen once it is getting too tough on the OS? 

"I couldn't capture you with my own skill, but I think I should get your boat anyway because I have more time."

• Like 4

"I couldn't capture you with my own skill, but I think I should get your boat anyway because I have more time."

so what you say is that someone shouldn't be able to tag someone a second time for an undefined amount of time? That's a start  :)

• Like 1

Don't sail what you cannot afford to lose.

Unless they are using self-attack exploit (which is real, huge, game-destroying problem), if your enemy has an instance to log-off in, it is because you lost or failed to reinforce a battle. Accept the consequences of loss. If you weren't there to reinforce in time, then the battle ended hours or days ago in OS time. Gathering in OS on top of a closed battle is an exploit of OS time compression.

• Like 2

Sailing into enemy territory should be more risky than sail in don't find the battle you want run away one time and that's it.

Don't sail what you cannot afford to lose.

*Yawn*... I always go to enemy territory so yes I am aware of the risk. Chasing traders and being chased by patrols is a given.

But what does the risk in a game has to do with the healthy option of stepping away after 2 hours after a good chase and battle ?...

It is the very same as a full gathering, conquest flag and port battle. After the entire thing you just want to step away for a while... i would guess.

• Like 2

But what does the risk in a game has to do with the healthy option of stepping away after 2 hours after a good chase and battle ?...

Don't you remember? Real Gamers do not need breaks and they have all the privileges in gaming word! They ARE games after all! No TP, no breaks, no life, no fun is allowed when gaming. I hear Real Gamers are pushing an incentive to forbid by law anything that could cause pleasure during gaming - including bathing, tasty food, socially acceptable forms of defecation and lack of physical pain.

No, seriously... I get there is a hardcore crowd out there, but there is also the "hardcorer" one, that - no doubt - would be the first to leave if the game followed their demands. Would call them "elitist" but "cavemanist" sits better with the imagination.

• Like 4