Game-Labs Forum
admin

Double shot/Double charge return

Lieste    307

Is it possibel to have different decks loading different shot as one of the upcoming patches too please......for instance double shotting 48lbs might be a bit stupid but in a santi against a vic for instance you may wanna double shot the smaller calibres to make them a chance to pen

Oh and i wonder if this has been considered regarding fire breakout in conjunction with fire ship mods..........might be too easy to light your own fuse...

Other way around. Double shot with 32lb guns makes sense out to around 400yds. But with significantly smaller ordnance you will not have comparable penetration or range of effective fire unless you are using single shot.

Banana_Joe    19

You could introduce a general "canon-heat-meter" that goes constantly up when you are shooting. The higher it gets, the higher the chance of a cannon loss. It could also have a X% chance of causing a fire.

A double charge would then simply bring up the heat faster for that broadside.

As for the damage output I would vote for simply double damage and half penetration for double balls and double penetration and 50% more range for double charges.

As for the ammo, you could simply add another consumable to buy which you have to use after the battle, like you do with the repair kits now.

Blackjack Morgan    1,026

I don't see the need for it. I would suggest that we are still working on various combat mechanics already that still seem to not quite be where they "should" be to many. Then you are going to introduce yet another variable into a system that isn't even perfected? We are still having debates over armor penetration, mast and sail damage, effective range of carronades/cannons, new mods that have been introduced such as Survival Handbooks, debates on Marines and boarding combat system, a new officer system getting ready to be rolled out oh and a desperate need to get the new port battle system introduced.....hell I'm probably forgetting some even. Now we might be adding in a consumable that is going to have a rather significant impact (pun intended).....

Inkompetent    117

I don't see the need for it. I would suggest that we are still working on various combat mechanics already that still seem to not quite be where they "should" be to many. Then you are going to introduce yet another variable into a system that isn't even perfected? We are still having debates over armor penetration, mast and sail damage, effective range of carronades/cannons, new mods that have been introduced such as Survival Handbooks, debates on Marines and boarding combat system, a new officer system getting ready to be rolled out oh and a desperate need to get the new port battle system introduced.....hell I'm probably forgetting some even. Now we might be adding in a consumable that is going to have a rather significant impact (pun intended).....

Got to agree with this actually. As much as I'd like double shot and double charge the whole game is turned upside down at the moment with powerful chain shot, with marines upgrades which is a single slot on a ship that's more powerful than three decks of guns, ships ramming left and right simply because they don't get leaks from it anymore, the upgrades are a mess where half of them can't be crafted and essential ones (like marines) are purely down to luck to get, and the offers will cause the whole balance (or lack thereof) to tilt even more.

There'll be so many factors changing at the same time that it'll be quite impossible to balance the system in any timely manner.

At the same time I understand that some things might actually be *easier* to balance with more features added because you get a whole new synergy between things that work better, but I'm not sure that double shot and double charge are important right now.

BungeeLemming    1,484

I could see double on a cooldown.

Cooldown rather consumable because it is 1) more logical and 2) not opening a resupply need which the game avoids perfectly fine atm.

Cooldown logically? Why so?

Cause a gun overheating should not be loaded with extra stress.

Theoretically you could also only allow double charge when your guns were silent for so and so long.

A sczenario could be a broadside duel where the non firing battery is loaded double (charge or ball doesnt matter).

A strategical broadsideflip will hold a unpleasant surprise to your enemy. Or even the sternrake with a doubleshot.

Maybe we are allowed to put grape as 2nd "round" into the barrel. This was done more frequently than two solid round shots.

_______

I am against a consumable item which I have to resupply at port.

The game is trying to avoid this.

And it creates equality amongs everyone and in addition another strategical factor.

prreich1    17

I really don't like it as a consumable. The goal is to mix up the strategy and let players to develop their own style, not to make it a "premium" bonus.

Also, instead of having a cooldown, why not just integrate the cooldown into the reload speed?

For example, 1st broadside reload 30 sec, 2nd broadside 33 sec, and so on until you reach a sustainable rate of fire?

admin    28,104

I really don't like it as a consumable. The goal is to mix up the strategy and let players to develop their own style, not to make it a "premium" bonus.

what premium bonus are you talking about?

we are talking about the crafted consumable

rob the other guy and take it.

we are not sure about making all powder crafted, but bonus power.. why not

BungeeLemming    1,484

Cause of the same reason you dont want to have killed crew.

Cause it makes me have to go back to port while I could be fighting.

or: fight without the consumable and be gimped. I prefer a 100% capable ship.

Liq    3,264
On 23.5.2016 at 3:04 PM, admin said:

Double shot

Increase damage by 25%/Reduced penetration by 15%

Double charge with ball 

Increase penetration by 20%/ Reduced damage by 15%

Increased speed of shot by 10% (more distance and better ballistics)

Is this still up to date?

Edit:
nevermind (It's not up to date)

Edited by Liquicity