Game-Labs Forum

Forthcoming patch changes - Wednesday 25th May

Please remove the Nation tag when the smugler flag is enabled.

and make it possible to get permanent upgrades when braking up a ship. e.g If I by dump luck :-) manage to capture an eceptionel player ship with eceptionel perm upgrades, I should be able to salvage them if I deside to break up the ship. maybe at one lvl lower, so an eceptionel upgrade would give you an mastercraftet after salvage

This would just not work. With a 5 dura frigate, even if you won't salvage it, you would dublicate this permanent upgrade 5 times into the game world.
  • Like 1

some of the cannon balls might be passing through the gun ports rest bouncing, can kinda see some of them go into the water after impact.

Yeah but... no.

The probas of passing right through both gun ports is very low, and i doubt it would happen without damaging/killinganything.

And if you watch closely, you can the vast majority of these balls aren't going into gunports.

Invulnerability timer will pull you to instance if the battle is created in your vicinity. This will stop group splitting if you are located in the area of the attack under invulnerability timer. It will still not let you enter battles if you are far away from your main group.

This will result in some guaranteed complaints as people hit NPCs nearby, knowing it will drag invulnerable people into the battle.

Your tagging solution requires reinforcement zones, which now require fixes and requires invulnerability to sometimes not make us invulnerable.... I think it's time to admit that my idea was better:P

The tagging solution I proposed was much simpler and did not have all of these exceptions and loopholes. WYSIWYG.

• Like 2

What about lowering mast thickness a little? most 3rd rate and up masts are a 100 thick, really hard to penetrate for the small ships. They have to be point blank and cannot bring there guns to bear that close.

isnt that the idea? Warships getting dismasted by little boats wouldn't make them very good warships...

• Like 1

Sorry to multi-post this. Just want to be heard. ;)

I do feel damage model is too difficult.  I will be back once it is changed

I also feel that trading has been ruined now that ports stop buying.  I sailed the whole southern Caribbean and Yucatan and could not find buyers for multiple goods.  Devs took away the compass wood boon but now I can't sell anything.  Maybe Im doing it wrong.

I feel that SOLS are too strong for fun game play.  Not everyone can devote countless hours for battles and learning how to perfectly rake opponents.  Its tough to find the balance for the hard core and casual player.  I believe the last damage model was better balanced.

I want to play a fun game that is challenging but not impossible.  Historical accuracy is important but may be second place in some details. I would prefer most of the action be nation on nation with occasional pirate shallow port captures and extensive commerce raids.  Pirates should not sail SOLS and should not take large ports.  

I fear that there are so many people forgetting this game is still in development that they are getting frustrated by the "rule Changes".  Perhaps Devs should have admitted fewer testers until full release.  I bet many will come back after full release.

When is full release?

• Like 2

Anyone know if they fixed the damage/demasting? 

They lowered the armor of all ships and increased cannon penetration switching the effective engagement to ~500 meters instead of the 300-250, but no you still wont be able to dismast a Santisima shooting 6 pounder pebbles from 10km away.

There is no reason a captain cannot teleport to a local ship to assist in the defence, but put a block on a "Sent to Outpost" ship being used for a longer period than a PB allows you entry.

Or give it a transit time measuring in hours, depending on distance, in much the same way that deliveries between free towns do.

Armor thickness of Consti was lowered.

Again?! :blink:

Or are you referring to the value set before todays update?

Sitting in the office sucks, when it comes to stuff like this. 6.5h to go...

edit: Ooops, mixed up structure and armor. *blush*

Edited by Archer11

You do realize it's referred to as "Old Ironsides" for a reason, correct? I mean, this is a ship we have actually proof of inability to penetrate.

Yes, but Constituion earned his nickname against the HMS Guerriere (equivalent to Cherubin).

They had called Old Ironsides if he had faced a 74 cannons ?

6000 structure points would be fair in my opinion.

Edited by Halsey74

I am with Cragger here the fixes 1 and 2 will allow the peekaboo PVPing at freeports again. Where you have all your friends in port and when you attack them they come out and join the fight and make it a gank fest. Unless Im interpreting it wrong