Game-Labs Forum

Forthcoming patch changes - Wednesday 25th May

Hotfix changes. 

1. Reinforcements zones will be increased in size and moved closer to each other. This will reduce their spawns in land and make joining existing battles more comfortable.
  2. Invulnerability timer will allow entry to port battles
  3. Invulnerability timer will pull you to instance if the battle is created in your vicinity. This will stop group splitting if you are located in the area of the attack under invulnerability timer. It will still not let you enter battles if you are far away from your main group.
  4. Port battle assault flag creation cooldown is added - 3 days. Assault flags will not be generated for ports that were captured 3 days ago or less (tentative change, might not happen)
  5. Chain shot accuracy will be somewhat increased
  6. Grape damage bugs are fixed. Destroyed planking will allow better grape penetration
  7. Cannon loss addressed. Destroyed planking will affect cannon destruction but the main damage to guns will happen during raking
  8. Penetration values will be adjusted for ships of the line
  9. Cannon penetration values will be tuned a bit
  10. Ingermanland and Indiaman are in the wrong place in the food chain. HP and planking values for these ships will be adjusted
  11. Kill thresholds adjusted (reduced to 5% from 55% overall damage). You will get kills if you sink the ship by leaks if you did at least 5% of damage)
  12. Single ship missions distance to bots reduced 
  13. OW mission distance on high level missions reduced by 10-20% on average

If we have missed anything important please tell is in comments they might get in if they only affect gameplay values.

• Like 20

2. It fixes "tag and lock" where people can tag you and run to stop you from entering port battles. It also allows you to TP into port and enter PB bypassing any and all enemy ships running a blockade. Will it work like that and would that be intended?

It could be fixed by splitting INV timer between post-battle and port-exit. Pain in the ass, sure, but that could actually come in useful in balancing.

Addressing he cannon loss is the thing that I like most, I did a duel yesterday where I managed to kill my opponents cannons to the point he could barely touch me despite being on 2/3 armour, I am really glad this has been changed

The ingermanland is already a glass cannon, lowering even more hp have no sense,  the conny is already more tanked, unless you wanna se the entire server play in conny only.

at the moment the ingermanland has the same armour and more structure, at the moment the ingermanland is most definetely not a glass cannon

• Like 11

So will the assault flag cool-down be active only for the first 3 days after the port is captured or after it is successfully defended also ? 

the changes are not guaranteed. we will see if we can avoid abuse by purchasing the flags to lock the PB in an efficient way. If it is not possible that change won't be done untill the cool down is tied to actual contested status.

Are also going to introduce some new upgrade BP. I would love to make a fire ship and go kaboom ;)

Because we are already teased by the new upgrades handed out from battles and co

Edited by pietjenoob

Liveoak conny have more hp, and is a frig, vs a 4th rate.

well, the offical term is super frigate for the connie and the 5th are classified as Frigate in general Edited by pietjenoob

Hotfix changes. 

Invulnerability timer will pull you to instance if the battle is created in your vicinity. This will stop group splitting if you are located in the area of the attack 

So does this mean if a NPC-Fleet from your own Nation is attacked at your location, u get pulled into the battle? Or does it only affect you if one of your group members is tagged and pulled?

I can see some possible Exploits being used there, pulling people with Alts/NPCs

Edited by Sharden

Liveoak conny have more hp, and is a frig, vs a 4th rate.

My numbers say otherwise, could you please provide proof?

also keep in mind, the connie is the size of a 3rd rate, she is no ordinary frigate

What about lowering mast thickness a little? most 3rd rate and up masts are a 100 thick, really hard to penetrate for the small ships. They have to be point blank and cannot bring there guns to bear that close.

Shoot the top sections, especially on the high rated ships. The mast roots are just massive thick.

My numbers say otherwise, could you please provide proof?

also keep in mind, the connie is the size of a 3rd rate, she is no ordinary frigate

Going by memory is a lot i not use a conny, maybe they changed the values some patch ago , but i remember conny with extra planking liveoak buildstrenght having something around 8600 hp

while an inger with same setup have 7500? 

Conny is the most Op ship in game, there is pretty much no reason to use any other frig, beside for trinco in a role of ganker,        conny have much dps, much tank fairly fast and manouvrable.

inger before superarmor patch was better in term of dps, but not tank.         if you reduce even more tank of inger, conny become the only ship that will be used in pb.

Edited by Lord Vicious