Game-Labs Forum

Regarding National News

National news section reopened as an experiment

Captains posting in that section must avoid personal attacks and rude direct confrontation.

Having said that - captains can discuss general national skill/clan levels as gentlemen of the 18th century and describe events the way they see it. 

Here is an example from the 18th century propaganda

ewXjFsp.jpg

Thus the simple test for all your posts is this:

If it could be in the 18th century public newspaper = its allowed.

Only these insults are allowed: http://wiredstar.com/nainsults/

Guild recruitment topics belong to guilds. Captains should avoid enemy guild topics and should show their powers in battle not on the forums. Guild leaders can ask to remove content they don't want from their guild recruitment topics - those are their topics. Guild leaders must be clearly identified. It will be hidden by moderators (in the order that those requests are received).

Lets see how it goes - one more time :)

Don't cross the line please. 

• Like 15

Did 18th century newspapers have editorial sections where citizens could mail in opinions to be printed?

If you really want this to be a section for newspapers, I suggest closing it again and only allowing very specific people (e.g., not me) to post.

People may apply (to moderators?) to be given write permissions to this section so that they can post their own newspapers and violators lose rights permanently.

You will never get the general population to abide by the rule otherwise because 99% of them won't know there's a rule. (I actually posted to this forum already before noticing this thread and technically my 1 post would already be in violation (as is the entire thread I posted into))

Perhaps a duplicate of this announcement could be posted in the NN section itself to ensure that people catch onto the directives?

Personally I wish there were two national news sections - an RP-heavy one solely for announcements and stories, and a lax non-RP one. Clearly there's alot of things that people wish to convey or discuss that aren't RP-related, and as we've seen lately the lack of an outlet tends to just have things spill over onto other forum section. Browsing the NN section used to be a great pastime during the slower portions of the game, so to be honest I think it's closing even contributed to people taking a break solely out of boredom.

Did 18th century newspapers have editorial sections where citizens could mail in opinions to be printed?

If you really want this to be a section for newspapers, I suggest closing it again and only allowing very specific people (e.g., not me) to post.

People may apply (to moderators?) to be given write permissions to this section so that they can post their own newspapers and violators lose rights permanently.

You will never get the general population to abide by the rule otherwise because 99% of them won't know there's a rule. (I actually posted to this forum already before noticing this thread and technically my 1 post would already be in violation (as is the entire thread I posted into))

They did actually.  Many of the United States' founding fathers wrote letters to newspapers under pseudonyms.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silence_Dogood- A fine example.  :)