Game-Labs Forum

Important announcement: PVP EU 3 Server Closing and Merge

Note to Admin/Devs...regarding your most current update about cancelling orders, contracts, etc. prior to the Merge.   How do I go about cancelling any ships up for sale...?  Thanks in advance and excellent work on the Merger of EU3 and EU1.  :D

Personally, I don't like that this is happening. I ha(d)ve a very nice set up of ports and crafting sites etc. that let's me 'do my thing' just how I like.

Now I am going to be forced into another server where I have no knowledge of the politics, the trade routes, the production facilities etc etc and will have to spend a big chunk of time recreating something like my current set up......even with 'redeemables' it aint going to be quick or easy. God, I can just imagine all the gankers licking their lips as we 'transportees' try to find our way in the 'new world'.

In my view, even with the redeemables and gold etc. being 'transported', we are going to be disadvantaged by this move.

I don't suppose anyone will give a flying fig about it though.

So ....DEVS...GIVEN THAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO THIS WHATEVER I MAY THINK THEN PLEASE GET ON AND DO IT NOW! There's no point in playing any more until the transport happens so let's get it done so we can get on with the game.

Do we still have people who don't know that we all signed on to "test" new aspects of a developing game?   Really??? :blink:

Personally, I don't like that this is happening. I ha(d)ve a very nice set up of ports and crafting sites etc. that let's me 'do my thing' just how I like.

Now I am going to be forced into another server where I have no knowledge of the politics, the trade routes, the production facilities etc etc and will have to spend a big chunk of time recreating something like my current set up......even with 'redeemables' it aint going to be quick or easy. God, I can just imagine all the gankers licking their lips as we 'transportees' try to find our way in the 'new world'.

In my view, even with the redeemables and gold etc. being 'transported', we are going to be disadvantaged by this move.

I don't suppose anyone will give a flying fig about it though.

So ....DEVS...GIVEN THAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO THIS WHATEVER I MAY THINK THEN PLEASE GET ON AND DO IT NOW! There's no point in playing any more until the transport happens so let's get it done so we can get on with the game.

Sorry all, but the included post has flipped my switch on another issue...EU3 victimhood. 

Even though the EU3 Server population is "relatively small", it is also relatively powerful and wealthy.  Lots of advanced crafters and fighting captains are in this group as well as previous EU3ers/now current EU1ers who will get their old toys and stuff back, because of the merger.  Current EU1 groups and power bases will be affected by these changes...

EU3 transportees are not victims,  unless they wish to be.  The balance of power in EU1 is about to change and those who can't see that are in for a surprise... :D

Note to Admin/Devs...regarding your most current update about cancelling orders, contracts, etc. prior to the Merge.   How do I go about cancelling any ships up for sale...?  Thanks in advance and excellent work on the Merger of EU3 and EU1.  :D

"Ships" tab - "Put or view ships on sale" button  - select the ship and cancel

• Like 1

Ok some questions:

I didn't have a player on PVP1 EU until now, so i just created one.

Will all the goods and ships from three outposts be transferred into one Outpost?

Even if there are to many ships and goods?

Or do i have to put up more outposts on PVP1 EU before i can unse my redeemables list?

As i don't play that often i think i cannot earn money on the new server in that short period of time.

And when/how can i use / "claim" the redeemables?

greetings

Captain ditsch, you do not need many outposts, stuff does not transferred to an outpost - it does transferred as redeemables, there is a button near "Sail" button in the port interface called "Redeemables", all stuff will be there, to claim an item, you need to click on that button, a window will apear, then you select the needed item and click on "Redeem", the item will be moved to your warehouse

Where exactly?? :)

In the first post after the word "EDIT":

Hello Captains

Patch will be deployed next week (hopefully)

In this patch the PVP EU Three  server will be closed down and merged into PVP EU One.

All resources and assets will be compensated and/or merged into PVP EU One as redeemables.

(...)

EDIT

Important addition for steps to be taken

All resources located in stores or auctions or deliveries have to be removed before the merge.

Thus if you have assets on auctions or in store do the following before next week.

• Cancel all contracts
  • Cancel all deliveries
  • Cancel all store sale or store orders
  • Cancel all ship sale orders or just sell them to NPCs or break them down
  • Redeem all ships you have in redeemables on PVP EU 3 

Edited by e1mo

To PvP One EU ? How many more people do you want in that server ? Would have hoped at least a merge to a lesser active PvP Two USA would have been in order...

USA server has other timers and players usually play, when the EU server sleeps.

I do not have an account in pvp1, I can already create an account on that server today?, or will I have to wait for migration?

Creating the account now, then I will have the option to recover my assets by "redeemable" list after the migration?

I do not have an account in pvp1, I can already create an account on that server today?, or will I have to wait for migration?

Creating the account now, then I will have the option to recover my assets by "redeemable" list after the migration?

Yes you can create the account right now and you will have the redeemables after the migration.

Lets say, I create a character on PVP1 and get my redeemables there. Then I redeem one ship and stay in that nation for a couple of days to see, if I like it there or not.

Case I don't. I delete my character and create a new one in another nation.

Will I have the rest of my redeemables with the new character or is all lost?

I'm a bit sorry seeing PVP3 go, although it was expected.

Started on PVE, changed to PVP3 later, as the waiting-queue on PVP1 seemed ridiculous.

There were never the numbers of PVP1, but nevertheless quite some action, a lot of fun, a lot of nice folks and many memorable fights.

So, now with the upcoming merge next week, I'll shamelessly steal and modify a quote by Jack Spa... CAPTAIN Jack Sparrow:

"The world's still the same, there'll be just more in it"

Hope, there's not too much in it...

PVP1, here I come.

Edited by Archer11
  • Like 2

The merger of servers already....already. This has to be among the quickest merges in gaming history. Regardless of the excuses, a server is being shutdown because of a lack of interest in this game. Even POTBS didn't merge up servers this quickly so I sure hope the devs/owners are taking this time to get their asses in gear and get on with making this game good for more than the proverbial handful. 

Hello Captains

Patch will be deployed next week (hopefully)

In this patch the PVP EU Three  server will be closed down and merged into PVP EU One.

All resources and assets will be compensated and/or merged into PVP EU One as redeemables.

Resources merged into PvP EU 1

• Gold
  • Resources from warehouses
  • Ships
  • Upgrades
  • Known blueprints
  • Outposts and buildings will be lost but the price of construction or upgrades will be compensated in gold

Important points for players from PVP EU 3 (this info does not concern players from all other servers)

• Assets are transferred automatically, you don't have to do anything
  • Assets are transferred to account - not as players. If you wanted to change the name or nation - its a good chance to do it.
  • All merged assets will be given to as redeemables 
  • If you had 200 various types of resources, ships, items you will have 200 redeemables in your list. To minimize the redeemables list feel free to optimize your warehouses selling assets you don't need. 
  • Merged assets are provided for server account. It does not matter if you have a player on EU 1 or not
    • If you don't have a player on PVP EU 1 you can create a player and he will have all merged assets from the EU 3 server in the redeemables list
    • If you have a player on PVP EU 1 he will have all merged assets in the redeemable list
  • Deleting vs creating players
    • Do not use redeemables if you are not sure about the existing player his nation and his name
    • If you don't have a player you don't have to worry about the assets - create the player and redeem the assets
    • If you do have the player please think carefully about using the redeemables. Better be sure if you want to play for that nation or keep that name

Suggestion for safety 

Do not use the redeemables until you are absolutely sure about nation choice - keep them in the redeemables list. Un-used redeemables are tied to account and will always be on the redeemables list.

Please translate this information for the national forums. Be careful as these instructions are important.

TLDR version

• All assets will be merged as redeemables
  • Do not use redeemables until you made up your mind about the nation and player name

Lets discuss if everything is clear and we will post this announcement on steam as well.

EDIT

Important addition for steps to be taken

All resources located in stores or auctions or deliveries have to be removed before the merge.

Thus if you have assets on auctions or in store do the following before next week.

• Cancel all contracts
  • Cancel all deliveries
  • Cancel all store sale or store orders
  • Cancel all ship sale orders or just sell them to NPCs or break them down
  • Redeem all ships you have in redeemables on PVP EU 3 

Is an asset "in store" the same as "in warehouse" or does this only refer to assets in auctions or on sale?

Will you still get the redeemable on your account for a known blueprint you had on PVP3 even if you already have the blueprint on PVP1.

Reason being, if someone was going to use the opportunity to switch nations with their character on PVP1 and already had blueprints, will they need to delete BEFORE the merge happens or can they wait until after the dust settles on populations?

Will you still get the redeemable on your account for a known blueprint you had on PVP3 even if you already have the blueprint on PVP1.

Reason being, if someone was going to use the opportunity to switch nations with their character on PVP1 and already had blueprints, will they need to delete BEFORE the merge happens or can they wait until after the dust settles on populations?

that is a good question. im just hoping everything goes well so they can announce the pvp2 merger

Merging PvP2 into PvP1 may cause lots of problems for Australian/Asian players... its about a 100 jump in ping and I've heard pack loss and lag spikes become a problem too (Haven't made a PvP1 account yet but will do before any merge to see for myself I guess).

If there is a way to be playing on PvP1 but actually using a USA based server I would be more than happy with a merge, but I'm rather skeptical at the moment.

I am playing just fine even with a 200ms ping. Luckily the game are very forgiving regarding ping. Ive heard of players playing with a constant 300-400ping without any issues. Except for crafting.

Lets say, I create a character on PVP1 and get my redeemables there. Then I redeem one ship and stay in that nation for a couple of days to see, if I like it there or not.

Case I don't. I delete my character and create a new one in another nation.

Will I have the rest of my redeemables with the new character or is all lost?

The rest of your redeemables will still be there.