Game-Labs Forum

[SORRY] Stars and Skulls- PVP 1 EU- Pirates

Yeah, but what can we do? My clan contains 11 captains and no high level crafter. We haven't anoth ships to defend anythink agains 8 or more santis. And I don't want to lose my Victory or Pavel because I don't know when i can buy a new.

The game really needs a mechanic where a personal spat and hurt feelings between two clans doesn't have the end result in the destruction of a faction.

While that soothes the egos of those involved it detracts from the game as a whole.

Edited by eriks

The game really needs a mechanic where a personal spat and hurt feelings between two clans doesn't have the end result in the destruction of a faction.

While that soothes the egos of those involved it detracts from the game as a whole.

this is the clan recruitment thread for [sORRY]; unless you are posting materials to enhance our recruitment efforts or requesting membership in [sORRY]--- keep your salt out of our thread.

(donations of bacon being exempted from the above of course.)

Edited by vonKrimm

Since we started SORRY have taken 50 ports in a week, that an average of what 6-7 day ?

2 where contested yesterday, and we took again 5 ports in 1 night and defended 2,    we are a clan cant take ports more faster sailing time wind etc (usa setting port at shit timer for us cause they think we not take them lol) , consider that in some day we have take 10-12 in 1 night.. i think we doing fine.

Tbh i have much more respect for WBK and FORGE then TF-TDA who keep thinking they are good and instead they hide after they lost the first sorry war,      wbk maybe be new, with not great experience or numbers BUT THEY FIGHT  and they dont give up, thats similar to our spirit.  We troll them cause we beat them  but we respect their willing to fight. IF usa got another 2 clan like them, we where fighting on each port not advancing that fast.

STATS SO FAR

USA "CLEANING" CAMPAIGN      SORRY

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USA LOSS:

3 santi (1 captured)

4 victory (1 captured)

9 pavels (3 captured)

12 bellonas (3 captured)

31 3rd rates (5 captured)

38 constitutions (9 captured)

21 trincomalee (6 captured)

minor ships frigs: 68

total =  186

SORRY LOSS:

1 SANTI (ganked cause was too behind the fleet lol)

1 3rd rate 

4-5 conny-minor ships 

total = 7

Hi Lord Vicious.  I'm in WBK and I have to say, thank you for the respect.  I read your list above and I have to say, with the current state of things in the U.S. nation, you're not punishing the people that vilanized you and pushed you and your clan out of the U.S. nation.  They're gone, and those of us that are left hate them as much if not more than you do.  They left us with an area that was too large to defend and made powerful enemies for us to deal with.  One of those leaders was on the nation chat the other night and we lit him up.  He was acting all high and mighty and saying that he was watching and waiting for some of us to step up, but we can't.  

In response to your terms for cessation of hostilities against the U.S.:

1) council end (done already) 

2) pubblic surrender  With no ruling council in place in the U.S. who exactly is supposed to surrender?  The people that your clan is mad at are gone.  Most of us playing now had nothing to do with it.  If you're looking for the satisfaction of hearing the people that pushed you out surrender to you, you won't get that from us.  We can't give you that because we didn't push you out.

3) new usa leaders for sure no thomas pains, sam adams, or any of the ppl who horribly failed and hide now.  Simply based on the fact that they no longer play this game often, or are in hiding, they are not the leaders anymore.  

4) no alliance with brit  Pretty sure that most of us that signed up to be American did so to slaughter the british.

5) table where we agree borders This goes without saying in a peace treaty.

Sorry to post this in your recruitment thread, but i didn't see your terms posted anywhere else.

this is the clan recruitment thread for [sORRY]; unless you are posting materials to enhance our recruitment efforts or requesting membership in [sORRY]--- keep your salt out of our thread.

(donations of bacon being exempted from the above of course.)

I am making bacon now. c'mon over.

Since we started SORRY have taken 50 ports in a week, that an average of what 6-7 day ?

2 where contested yesterday, and we took again 5 ports in 1 night and defended 2,    we are a clan cant take ports more faster sailing time wind etc (usa setting port at shit timer for us cause they think we not take them lol) , consider that in some day we have take 10-12 in 1 night.. i think we doing fine.

Tbh i have much more respect for WBK and FORGE then TF-TDA who keep thinking they are good and instead they hide after they lost the first sorry war,      wbk maybe be new, with not great experience or numbers BUT THEY FIGHT  and they dont give up, thats similar to our spirit.  We troll them cause we beat them  but we respect their willing to fight. IF usa got another 2 clan like them, we where fighting on each port not advancing that fast.

STATS SO FAR

USA "CLEANING" CAMPAIGN      SORRY

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USA LOSS:

3 santi (1 captured)

4 victory (1 captured)

9 pavels (3 captured)

12 bellonas (3 captured)

31 3rd rates (5 captured)

38 constitutions (9 captured)

21 trincomalee (6 captured)

minor ships frigs: 68

total =  186

SORRY LOSS:

1 SANTI (ganked cause was too behind the fleet lol)

1 3rd rate 

4-5 conny-minor ships 

total = 7

Undermanned group of hodpodge takes 9 undefended ports from pirate 'nation' in one night out of boredom. Comeon, you guys can go so much faster then then 6.5 average with more manpower and firepower. Stop pulling at the last minute of window, get er done.

Usa still chose to follow their "Leaders" , boot them out and we will not be that mean.

But I want to feed him. I want to motivate them to pick up the pace. They are only going to get uncontested ports so the only thing they can show off is how fast they can take them. And the U.S. nation in game needs a good clean sweeping and SORRY can do that.   

What we're doing is taking every port within range of where we can pull a flag, with a capture window open, each day.

Americans refusing to defend the ports at the times they picked to defend them is disappointing, yes. But the noose is tightening rapidly. We've done severe damage to their economy and there are fewer ports each day in which they can hide from us.

SORRY has a lot of haters and a lot of ankle-biting goes on, both in the chat and here in this thread. At some point soon the americans will have to put up or shut up. 

The only way the USA can be destroyed is through cowardice. 

Edited by Captain

For all US players wishing to cleave from them the shackles of the repressive, elitist, and incompetent council of your nation: now is the time to join the Pirate Hegemony, where all freebooter brothers and sisters stand in equal measure alongside one another! Whether you come rich or come poor, as a crofter of Santis or cobbler of carriages, you will be most welcome upon the Corsair Seas.  The buccaneer way is but two clicks away!

for all that continue to cling to the tattered skirts in hopes that the dunsel ah-durrmada will save your nation......

the_black_spot_by_wild_kard2003-d3dqaqs..

[sORRY]

Edited by vonKrimm
  • Like 1

Do that and i will give you peace, otherwise keep losing players and ports, we not gonna stop. 

1) council end (done already)

2) pubblic surrender

3) new usa leaders for sure no thomas pains, sam adams, or any of the ppl who horribly failed and hide now

4) no alliance with brit

5) table where we agree borders 

1) The Council as it existed is mostly gone, but that does not mean it does not persist in it's own, modified form. There will always be an organization through which our clans will communicate to attempt to focus our efforts towards a common goal.

2) How exactly do you expect us to manage that. No one person or clan can speak for the general US public. Unless you mean to say you want us to have every individual player surrender (which is not feasible)

3) Each clan deserves its own say. Are you next going to demand that  TF and TDA disband as a full clan? What about WBK, FORGE, UMAD, ARC, or  the others? Will we be forced to disband our clans so as to have some of our land back?

4) We'll let the diplomacy patch determine how that goes. I so cannot wait until our decisions are hardcoded by the game.

5) Given that we would likely never even have a bit of say in this, pray tell what borders do you have laid out for us.

Americans refusing to defend the ports at the times they picked to defend them is disappointing, yes.

I am going to go on record here and say that I wish to shoot whoever set those port timers to 4-6. If you want to inspire defense and attacks, set them to 2-4, and let's call this a day.

Edited by EricKilla

Undermanned group of hodpodge takes 9 undefended ports from pirate 'nation' in one night out of boredom. Comeon, you guys can go so much faster then then 6.5 average with more manpower and firepower. Stop pulling at the last minute of window, get er done.

Chose your enemy more careful ?

No. They are just not letting a bunch of school yard bullies force their will on to them. They show you that what you are doing is not testing a game in alpha state but trying to beat the game. You are not showing your greatness. They are.

your "stats" don't impress anybody. In a couple of weeks the game will take away port flipping. Enjoy it while it lasts. Unfortunately the way you act will have reduced server population and not all will come back. You are taking blows at a game a lot of us are enjoying and that we all hope will succeed. Not sure you realize that. Iif you do: not sure you care.

• Like 1

1) The Council as it existed is mostly gone, but that does not mean it does not persist in it's own, modified form. There will always be an organization through which our clans will communicate to attempt to focus our efforts towards a common goal.

2) How exactly do you expect us to manage that. No one person or clan can speak for the general US public. Unless you mean to say you want us to have every individual player surrender (which is not feasible)

3) Each clan deserves its own say. Are you next going to demand that  TF and TDA disband as a full clan? What about WBK, FORGE, UMAD, ARC, or  the others? Will we be forced to disband our clans so as to have some of our land back?

4) We'll let the diplomacy patch determine how that goes. I so cannot wait until our decisions are hardcoded by the game.

5) Given that we would likely never even have a bit of say in this, pray tell what borders do you have laid out for us.

I am going to go on record here and say that I wish to shoot whoever set those port timers to 4-6. If you want to inspire defense and attacks, set them to 2-4, and let's call this a day.

1) good

2) form a new leadership with umad forge wbk and lets talk, if you wanna tf-tda in is your choice as long you honor your words we will also, but i dont trust them will make everything harder but is your choice

3) i wish no disband of anyone, tf-tda are already soo weak that i cant care less of what they do, i find funny that they keep talking and spread lies, considering how badly they lost the first war and now the second

4) no need for any patch,   just join ts3 lets talk and agree, give your honor word and we give ours thats enought for me

5) again come ts3 and lets agree. but that means you no more allied with brits 

It won't be easy, but the alternative is extinction, so its worth the effort. 

No. They are just not letting a bunch of school yard bullies force their will on to them. They show you that what you are doing is not testing a game in alpha state but trying to beat the game. You are not showing your greatness. They are.

your "stats" don't impress anybody. In a couple of weeks the game will take away port flipping. Enjoy it while it lasts. Unfortunately the way you act will have reduced server population and not all will come back. You are taking blows at a game a lot of us are enjoying and that we all hope will succeed. Not sure you realize that. Iif you do: not sure you care.

IF you think patch gonna save you, you will be really disappointed a 130man clan organized as us with 40+ ppl on every night will win anyway vs usa, in frigs, ingermanlands or whatever, is a matter of organization, and coordination.  Unless u have a single clan big enought for face us 25 vs 25 with good player and good experience.

Stop being delusional, about pirate fix, exploit, cheats, patches. Stop believe in bullshit we just players like you i was rear admiral way before go pirate and same for majority of my clan. Patch Not gonna change anything. i can still bring 30 first rate in front of any port u wanna conquer with conny-ingermanland, and block you even after patch,    fact you think you can beat us on a 25 vs 25 with ingermanland-conny  means u still not get your position in the food chain.

Patch can change mechanics but will not make you stronger and us weaker. the power balance will be exactly the same

Server reset portS? cool we gonna take them faster then you closing you in charleston anyway with 25 firstrates probably in the same day of reset usa will be already close in the capital.   Actually a server reset will make our job even easyer we just need to be where all of you are instead chasing around

you seams to lack a lot on understanding strategy 

Edited by Lord Vicious

You haven't understood anything about my post. Don't care about your grand fleet, don't care about your strategy, don't care if you can win with your clan against the whole world.

The way you guys are acting is not helping this game. Your "job" right now it's to help develop this game. If you don't understand that I will gladly try to explain again, because I care about the game. I you don't care and all you want to do its to "win" you chose the wrong game.

• Like 2

Usa still chose to follow their "Leaders" , boot them out and we will not be that mean.

What "leaders"? There is no organization with any actual authority or power.

I'm an independent, I play with no clan. I play a few hours a day in the evenings US pacific time after work. Sometimes I team up with folks on an ad hoc basis.

Tell me... What authority does the American council have over me? None whatsoever. What could they do to me if I defy them? Nothing. What could I do to "boot them out"? Nothing. So how exactly are they, or any coalition of clans that I am not a member of, considered "leadership"?

• Like 1

You haven't understood anything about my post. Don't care about your grand fleet, don't care about your strategy, don't care if you can win with your clan against the whole world.

The way you guys are acting is not helping this game. Your "job" right now it's to help develop this game. If you don't understand that I will gladly try to explain again, because I care about the game. I you don't care and all you want to do its to "win" you chose the wrong game.

The defeat of a major nation is interesting as part of the development. 

SORRY, but participating in the alpha does not mean we all hold hands. It's a PvP game, how would the PvP be refined if it wasn't tested, and how do you deal with edge cases if there are never edge cases because of too much hand-holding? 

Edited by Captain

Actually, the devs care very much and are watching the spread of The Black with rapt attention.  Not because they think what is being done is broken in any way, but in order to refine it so that it will evolve to be inclusive of more players in more varieties of ships.  your pain is every players gain.  if some ppl are leaving because of the testing we are conducting: so be it; the devs already have their money PLUS most will be returning when more changes like the coming rate limitations are implemented PLUS new players will continue to join.  This is all known and expected in the development cycle of a game.  When you tell us (paraphrased0 "you are breaking the game!", our answer is "Good, we are doing exactly what is expected of us. [sORRY]"

Edited by Ink

Actually, the devs care very much and are watching the spread of The Black with rapt attention.  Not because they think what is being done is broken in any way, but in order to refine it so that it will evolve to be inclusive of more players in more varieties of ships.  your pain is every players gain.  if some ppl are leaving because of the testing we are conducting: so be it; the devs already have their money PLUS most will be returning when more changes like the coming rate limitations are implemented PLUS new players will continue to join.  This is all known and expected in the development cycle of a game.  When you tell us (paraphrased0 "you are breaking the game!", our answer is "Good, we are doing exactly what is expected of us. [sORRY]"

I am sure they are. I assume they are computer scientists so the problem is very easy to explain via basic CS theory.

Cost and complexity of running and scaling a big empire:

In the real world  O(n^2)

In Naval Action  O(1)

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........

Gladiator quote... 

Remember what happened to the Roman empire. It was destroyed from within by over expansion and hubris.

Which doesnt apply here ..because we are not keeping most of this... we are trying to find a fight but everyone runs away... Be it the Main fleets or teh gank wannabes that sit inside MT green zone 

I am just perusing the forum and have to say as a Texan I like your sig.