Game-Labs Forum

Timer warning - please repost in nations

Next content patch the minor fix to timers is going to be deployed (main rework will come with the politics patch) 

After the patch Lords protectors wont be able to change the timer time any more.

If you set it for 6am it is going to be 6am forever until recapture.

Please adjust the timers if you think you do not like them any more.

After patch hits you wont be able to change them.

If your lord protector is not online - ask him to log in and change the timer 

National leaders with ports where lord protectors do not exist anymore (player deleted) please request changes for port timers in this topic or in private

You have approximately 10-20 days before the patch lands, but it can land earlier. So do not wait please

• Like 2

What about players who haven't logged in for over a month (as seen in last online in the clan tab)?

ask them to log in

the rule states clearly

we will transfer the port lord protector to one of the top 3 landowners in 2 cases only

1) lord protector has switched nation

2) lord protector has deleted account (or permanently banned)

• Like 1

in pvp1 eu,a lot of harbors have their timer very very soon in the morning, then european players sleep. Is possible to change that for have battle port in the night or journey for european people.

In pvp 1 eu, a lot of harbors have their timer set to very late at night, then aussie players sleep. Is it possible to change that for have battle port in the night or journey for aussie people.

Can we be allowed to set the following on pvp2?

Azua (Lanrek) - No timer
Barahona (Osscar) - No timer
Bluefields () - No timer
Carlisle () - No timer
El Soco (Osscar) - No timer
Flatts (PrAyTeLLa) - No timer
George Town () - No timer
Jacmel (Lanrek) - No timer
Jérémie (Timbo) - No timer
Les Cayes (Shephard) - No timer
Montego Bay (PrAyTeLLa) - No timer
Port Antonio () - No timer
Port Morant () - No timer
Saint George's Town () - No timer
Saint-Louis (Timbo) - No timer
Sale-Trou (Lanrek) - No timer
San Andrés (HMS Karralack) - No timer
Savanna la Mar (Cracked) - No timer
Bone Cay (Timbo) - No timer
Bugle Cay (The Walrus) - No timer
Calobelo (Voodeux Delacroix) - No timer
Haulover () - No timer
Pedro Cay (Timbo) - No timer

trtc_sig.png

ask them to log in

the rule states clearly

we will transfer the port lord protector to one of the top 3 landowners in 2 cases only

1) lord protector has switched nation

2) lord protector has deleted account (or permanently banned)

whoa!  so you believe that just handing more land (i.e. influence/power) to those that will have substantial influence/power under the new lords system is fair and equitable to the players that made possible the port captures?  with all due respect, GTFO devs; a flag buyer/planter is not the end-all be-all of a PB  i suggest that those ports with lord protectors that meet condition 1 or 2 be randomly awarded to members of the clan they belonged to and if the clan no longer exists in the nation that the lord protector title be awarded randomly to a player in the appropriate nation. 

Further, I believe that locking ports to timers that are already set is a foolish move; the timers need to be randomized at every port on the map to precluded timer clustering when the lords patch is released.  take the south coast of Cuba, the east coast of the US, or Jamaica, those port clusters could have  substantially different timers which would allow more contention/conquest to abound.  At this stage, letting players choose when timers are set may prove a fatal error for the game.

Edited by vonKrimm

whoa!  so you believe that just handing more land (i.e. influence/power) to those that will have substantial influence/power under the new lords system is fair and equitable to the players that made possible the port captures?  with all due respect, GTFO devs; a flag buyer/planter is not the end-all be-all of a PB  i suggest that those ports with lord protectors that meet condition 1 or 2 be randomly awarded to members of the clan they belonged to and if the clan no longer exists in the nation that the lord protector title be awarded randomly to a player in the appropriate nation. 

Further, I believe that locking ports to timers that are already set is a foolish move; the timers need to be randomized at every port on the map to precluded timer clustering when the lords patch is released.  take the south coast of Cuba, the east coast of the US, or Jamaica, those port clusters could have  substantially different timers which would allow more contention/conquest to abound.  At this stage, letting players choose when timers are set may prove a fatal error for the game.

I belive, you've got this wrong. The port timers will get locked. The nations are able to switch them if the lord of these towns are not available anymore.

- Just than! -

It does have nothing in common with the potential new system regarding land-ownership. The new system will get along with a total port wipe.

The timers are just for the time until the new system will come into force.

I like the idea of allowing an active member of any nation to be granted the authority to set timers for all ports in advance of the patch. I and a number of players are currently playing under the flag of a "Minor" or smaller nation on PvP 2 and have no ability to adjust any port timer as all the lord protectors migrated or have left the game. Please advise if you need a post delineating the actual ports and times, or if it may be possible to simply reset the Lord Protector role for all ports. I will be happy to provide the list, but as I am sure you understand, they change daily.

Next content patch the minor fix to timers is going to be deployed (main rework will come with the politics patch) 

After the patch Lords protectors wont be able to change the timer time any more.

Please adjust the timers if you think you do not like them any more.

If your lord protector is not online - ask him to log in and change the timer 

National leaders with ports where lord protectors do not exist anymore (player deleted) please request changes for port timers in this topic or in private

You have approximately 10-20 days before the patch lands, but it can land earlier. So do not wait please

What is the purpose of this change? What problem is trying to fix? This will make conquest slow to a crawl if not completely stop it, as most nations know when their enemies have the fewest players on, so "off time" timers will be all that we have. If I can not fight Port Battles in my time zone then you have excluded me from 1/3 of your game. If I can not play all aspects of a game I will go find a game in which I can, and I am sure I am not the only one!

What is the purpose of this change? What problem is trying to fix? This will make conquest slow to a crawl if not completely stop it, as most nations know when their enemies have the fewest players on, so "off time" timers will be all that we have. If I can not fight Port Battles in my time zone then you have excluded me from 1/3 of your game. If I can not play all aspects of a game I will go find a game in which I can, and I am sure I am not the only one!

(main rework will come with the politics patch) 

This is the foundation for what is coming. So, 4 weeks of slow conquest will not hurt anyone. 

• Like 1

(main rework will come with the politics patch) 

This is the foundation for what is coming. So, 4 weeks of slow conquest will not hurt anyone. 

actually it will; to intentionally slow the conquest portion of the game is akin to removing content and will result in unnecessary dissatisfaction among the players.  It will be far better to randomize the port timers and keep the current pace of conquest or to even increase the pace than to retard the flow of conquest.

• Like 1

In one sentence you say we can't change the port timers anymore, then you say on recapture you can on second sentence and then on third sentence you say we wont be able to change them... clarify please

Also, why not just do a port wipe instead of having people run around changing timers now or is the port wipe coming with the major patch?

Edited by PentaStealz

You can change the port timer before the patch lands, when the patch lands the timer will remain (and not be changeable) untill the port is lost, then there won´t be any timer anylonger.

That´s what I read out of his statement. There is no contradiction in my opinion.