Game-Labs Forum

Forum Suggestion

I think it would be helpful to not only display each persons forum name , but also the country or faction they play in game. It would make discussions more understandable knowing from what side of the fence someone is making a comment or suggestion from in any given thread.

• Like 1

I think it would be helpful to not only display each persons forum name , but also the country or faction they play in game. It would make discussions more understandable knowing from what side of the fence someone is making a comment or suggestion from in any given thread.

Given each of the players can have 1 character per server in different nations it will become a nice big list :)

White listing a forum account to a server(s) , not owned by Steam ,is not a hard thing to do. Steam has nothing to do with that function. I can certainly understand how some here would feel something like this a threat to their faction anonymity when they post. But it would bring a higher level of understanding , and definitely a lower level of trolling understanding ones position on any given subject. :)  (smiley added for PC correctness)

White listing a forum account to a server(s) , not owned by Steam ,is not a hard thing to do. Steam has nothing to do with that function. I can certainly understand how some here would feel something like this a threat to their faction anonymity when they post. But it would bring a higher level of understanding , and definitely a lower level of trolling understanding ones position on any given subject. :)  (smiley added for PC correctness)

Steam has everything to do with that function.

Forum Account ID -> Steam Account ID -> Game Database.

There is currently no way to figure out the link between forum account and steam account, and therefore no way to link forum account to the characters/nations of a particular player.

From experience - it would rather fuel more meat-throwing competitions where every and any idea is attacked on nation basis.

"Of course you would want more FPS and better optimization, like you Martians don't enjoy enough national FPS advantage! You should be a planet and not a nation!"

I think it was a deliberate choice to make this forum about the game itself, and not about what's happening in the game right now.

For the same reason national news got shut down.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I think it was a deliberate choice to make this forum about the game itself, and not about what's happening in the game right now.

For the same reason national news got shut down.

What do you mean Nation News got shut down? I remember a few weeks ago there was a poll to have individual nation boards on this forum, but have not since found it again. Although I know from the very first post from the admins that this forum is not the final version and is mainly for dev-to-player coms, i do think we should have individual nation boards...even individual server boards. If not now, then hopefully when it goes live.

Edited by Cpt Blackthorne
  • Like 1

From this thread I would assume that

• Hethwill is Pirate (most likely PvP1)
  • xAzDKr is British (most likely PvP1 and others as he mentioned)
  • Henry d'Esterre Darby is British (most likely PvP1)
  • Galileus is French (probably PvP1 too)
  • Cpt Blackthorne is US (on PvP2)

Unfortunately I can't say for what nation and on which server you are playing ;)

Some of us have the same nicknames in-game as well as on the forum, some don't. Some write where and what nation they play in their signature and some don't. Everyone can decide on his own how to handle that and for whatever reason. I believe it's perfect like it is. 

Btw: You will find me sailing for the Dutch on PvP1 under the in-game nickname 'Dick Brave', member of the Duitse-Wolfsrudel [WOLF] ;)

Edited by Dick Brave
  • Like 1