Game-Labs Forum

Ships' Crews - Realistic Uniforms

I am aware that NA is not yet in a stage of development that could use this suggestion, but it is a thought for the future.

It would be great if vessels had larger crews with dynamic movement. The crew could be doing tasks such as: furling sails, repairing, scrubbing the decks, loading guns and young midshipmen could be learning navigation. There could also be marine contingents that could engage the enemy with musket fire, or go ashore to raid a town or fort. These would enable some amazing animations (i.e: beat to quarters). It would also be good if the crews had authentic uniform. 

Post pictures of crews in historical uniform for all relevant nations so we can build up a database.

I had pictures of: British, French, Spanish, U.S, Portuguese, Dutch, Russian, Ottoman, Venetian and Austrian officers, sailors and marines, but it did not let me upload them. 

Also post anything relevant.

They developers already stated that crew and crew animations are not a priority for them.

Hopefully this would change sometime in the future. 

Out of curiosity what is it you're referring to when you say uniform in reference to the crew? As far as I'm aware the most uniform thing about sailors of the period was that they had a hat embroidered with their ships name on it for their land going rig. Other than that I thought duck trousers and a loose shirt was the order of the day. 

• Like 1

I had pictures of: British, French, Spanish, U.S, Portuguese, Dutch, Russian, Ottoman, Venetian and Austrian officers, sailors and marines, but it did not let me upload them. 

please upload to dropbox and send me the link in the PM

crew is not a priority now.. and as our goal is to have a good FPS in 25 v 25 having unique crews will not let players have an enjoyable experience.

• Like 1