Game-Labs Forum
Babble

The Road Map (Table of contents)

Babble    197

I have been working on a series of suggestions, or road map, for this game but it is taking me longer then i initially thought it would.  Due to the development of new features I am rushing to put it out before its completed.  As I continue working on it I'm sure i will make some revisions as the vision develops but i want to start getting it out there so the ideas can be discussed and considered by this awesome dev team.   Today i will just releasing the preface and current table of contents to give you all an idea of what is in store.   i will try to release or revise a section a day and leave links to the other sections and ultimately the entire document once its completed.  If anyone wants to use their cool web development skills to make this a road map wiki or something that would be cool.(Yes this has taken me far to long)

Enjoy.

(Edit:  I added the 1st 4 sections as they are by far the smallest and I dont see them changing much)

(Edit: Section 5 added)

(Edit: Section 6 added)(Prone to changes and advancements.)

(Edit: Section 7 added)(Prone to changes and advancements.)

(Edit: Section 8 added)(Prone to changes and advancements.)

(Edit: added This Color to indicate what is not covered in detail from the table of contents in this post.)

(Edit: section 9-10 here http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/12710-the-road-map-section-9-10/)

(Edit: Section 11-12 here  http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/12716-the-road-map-sections-11-12/)

(Edit:  Section 13-14 here http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/12747-the-road-map-sections-13-14/ )

(Edit: Section 15-18 here http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/12758-the-road-map-sections-15-18/ )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Preface:

The following is an extensive list of suggestions intended to take this beautiful game the devs have given us and help it realize its full potential. A roadmap if you will.  I wouldn't expect for any of these changes to come quickly as some of them will take considerable scripting time and the dev team is doing this as a project of love, but having a road-map is always useful when trying to find your destination.   I hope to be playing this game 5 years from now.  The skeleton is there, but for that to be a reality some changes need to be made.  I will attempt to detail some of the suggestions I have come across from others on the forums as well as myself below without getting too long winded but if there are any questions about any of the following please feel free to ask in thread or send me a PM.  I will try to move in a logical fashion from introduction towards long term sustainability.  This post is to spur discussion on game improvements and not intended to be a final decision on numbers or specifics. 

Warning: I may have gone a bit too far.

###################################################################################

###################################################################################

Table of Contents

1.)Server Transfers

2.)Sailing Speed

a.)Trade Currents

3.)Character Creation and Nation Select

4.)Start Ports upon Map Reset

5.)Conquest Admiralty Missions

a.)Conquest Mission

b.)Secondary Mission

6.)Diplomacy (National)

a.)Mechanics (Admiralty)

1.)Allies and War

2.)Surprise Attacks

3.)Trade Agreements

4.)Raids

5.)Diplomatic Delegation

6.)Trade Mission

7.)Missionary

b.)Mechanics (Player)

1.)Reinforcements

2.)Captured Officers

c.)Levels

d.)Increasing/ Decreasing National Diplomacy

7.)Standing/ Notoriety/ Diplomacy (Player)

a.)Mechanics

1.)Traders

2.)Piracy

3.)Letter of Marquee

4.)Bounty Hunters

5.)Letter of Pardon

6.)Faction Change

b.)Levels

c.)Increasing / Decreasing Standing

8.)Admiralty / Pirate Cove and Admiralty Points

a.)Missions

b.)National Initiatives

c.)Commissions

1.)Commission Officers

2.)Ships of the Line

3.)Outpost Certification

d.)Goods and Services

1.)Ships

2.)Resource Bundles

e.)Earning Admiralty Points

1.)Missions

2.)Turn ins

3.)Game-play

9.)Resources and Resource Distribution

a.)Common

b.)Uncommon 

c.)Rare

d.)Nation Specific

1.)Dyes

2.)Goods

e.)Resource distribution Overview

f.)Types of Port

1.)Capital

2.)Regional Capital

3.)Alternate Starting port

4.)Mining

5.)Agricultural

6.)Homestead

7.)Forestry

8.)Free Towns

g.)Specific port Distribution (Coming soon)

10.)Production and Manufacture Buildings

a.)Production Buildings

1.)Logging

2.)Mining

3.)Plantation

4.)Hunting Lodge

5.)Fishery

b.)Manufacturies

1.)Carpenter

2.)Lumber Mill

3.)Forge

4.)Refinery

5.)Provisioner

6.)Textile Mill

7.)Academy

11.)Seamen, Officers, and their Abilities

a.)Recruits

1.)Recruitment Office

2.)Boarding Combat

b.)Training

1.)Experience

2.)The Academy

c.)Usage and Abilities

12.)Port Upgrades / Improvements

a.)Production Improvements

1.)Timber Rafting

2.)Vein Exploration

3.)Irrigation

4.)Deadfall

5.)Fish Market

6.)Wood Working School

7.)Metal Working School

8.)Bazaar

9.)Port Granary

10.)Weaving School

11.)Recruitment Office

12.)Regional Capital Specialization Upgrade

b.)Defensive Capabilities

1.)Local Militia

2.)Courthouse

3.)Standing Army

4.)Local Patrol

5.)Professional Patrol

6.)Simple Fort

7.)Advanced Fort

8.)Town Walls

9.)Citadel

C.)Religious Buildings:

1.)Church

2.)Cathedral

3.)Holy Site

13.)Culture

A.)Culture by Nation

B.)Culture by port

C.)Influencing a ports Culture

D.)Culture and Unrest

14.)Port Unrest and Happiness

A.)Mechanics

B.)Raising / Lowering

1.)Raising Happiness

2.)Port Unrest Degradation Percentage Changes

3.)Raising Unrest

C.)Levels:

15.)Port Battles

A.)Capture Windows

B.)Port Battle Mechanics (coming soon)

16.)Pirates and Piracy

A.)Experience and Goods

B.)Allies and War

C.)Piracy

D.)Standing Notoriety

E.)Limitations

F.)RvR

17.)Conquest(RvR)

A.)Conquest Period

B.)Conquest Victory

1.)Methods of Victory

a.)Domination

2.)Attrition

3.)Anarchy

C.)Conquest Rewards

D.)Conquest Coins

18.)Cease Fire and Map reset

19.)Customization:

A.)Sail design

1.)National Dyes.

To the meat.

############################################################################################################################

Stay tuned (Edit: added the first 4 sections.  They are by far the smallest and i dont see them changing much.)

############################################################################################################################

1.)Server Transfers:

The initial rush from the steam launch has died and the steady player-base has leveled off.  The players on less populated servers will eventually leave the game as those servers slowly die due to lack of players.  Its time to bring us all under one roof.

a.)Offer a free one time server transfer from PVP 2, 3 and PVE 1 to PVP1. 

- The transfer would include all outposts, ships, gold, and XP.

- If you have an outpost in a port not controlled by your nation the goods contained within will be  transferred to  your nearest outpost.

- If out have an outpost in a port not controlled by your nation you will be given credit for the outpost.

-After leaving the free transfers open for a month PVP 3 should be shuttered or take off-line as till a time it is needed again.

-PVP 2 and PVE can remain available if for some reason some players would like to play this game solo.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2.)Open Waters sailing speed increase:

The game map is large.  The size is epic. Makes the game immersive.  But also makes it lonely.  If our server cap wasn't 2500 players I would suggest possibly leaving the speed in its current state, but since it is I believe it’s in our best interest to speed things up a bit.  Via increased OS speed and trade currents.

a.)Increase Open Water Top speed by 30% across the board

- 20 knots becomes 26 knots

- 15 knots becomes 19.5 knots

- ect.

b.) Add Trade currents that increase the multiplier

1.) Currents: increase factor to 70% of the former top speed

• Speed gradually increases to reach top speed if you stay in current
  • 20 knots becomes 34 knots
  • 15 knots becomes  25.5 knots

C.)Trade current Locations

1. Currents: 4 in total.  Goal to reduce pain in long term trade

a.)Atlantic:  Begins a 10 minute south east of Wilmington

• Travels down along the coast far out at sea in a south easterly direction
  • Ends 10 minutes north of Marsh Harbor

b.)Lesser Antilles: Starts 10 minutes North of Rincon and 10 minutes East of GrandTurk

• Travels down the Antilles in a Easterly direction
  • Ends 10 minutes north east of  Island Harbor

c.)Greater Antilles:  Begins 10 minutes west of Aves

• Starts Travels west towards port royal
  • Ends 10 mins north west of Barranquilla

d.)Gulf Of Mexico: Starts 10 minutes east of Soto La Marina

• Travels in a north easterly arc
  • Ends 10 minutes north west of Las Tortugas   2.)Currents start and end far enough away from ports as to not advantage any nation

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4.)Starting Ports Upon Map resets:

Each Nation has one Capital (unconquerable), and one alternate port (conquerable) from map start.  Each player can select which of the two they wish to start at.  These are the only two ports a nation starts with.

(The alt port locations are open for discussion but the idea is to promote potential changes in spheres of control and early conflict at each map start. )

Great Britain:

Capital- Port Royal

Alt. - Saint George's

United States:

Capital- Charleston

Alt.-  Mobile

Espana:

Capital- Habana

Alt. -  Soto La Marina

France:

Capital- Fort-Royal

Alt.- Nouvelle Orleans

Verenigde Provinciën:

Capital- Willemstad

Alt.- Pitt’s Town

Sverige:

Capital- Gustavia

Alt.- Manzanilla

Danmark-Norge:

Capital- Christiansted

Alt.- Prinzapolka

Pirate:

Capital- Mortimer Town

Alt.- La Tortuga

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5.)Conquest Admiralty missions:

Upon Map start every player is given two missions from their nations admiralty which become long and short term goals for the player to achieve during the maps duration.

1. Conquest Mission-  This mission cannot be canceled and the player will not be given a new mission upon completion.
  • Everyone in the same nation gets the same conquest mission which is selected randomly by the admiralty.
  • These missions are used to promote RVR and are directed randomly towards another nation.
  • Example mission : (Attend 30 port battles against Great Britain and a total of 75 port battles overall within the conquest period)
  • Upon Completion of the mission you are granted a large sum of Admiralty points(550)

2.Secondary Mission-  This mission can be canceled, but the Admiralty will not issue a new mission for a week from cancellation.

• Every player gets a different secondary mission which is randomly selected by the admiralty
  • These missions are used to promote PVP, Trade, Exploration, and Crafting
  • Upon Completion of these missions the player is granted a smaller sum of Admiralty points(45)
  • Once a mission is completed the admiralty will grant you a new mission at random from the pool.
  • Example missions:

- Sink 8 enemy players in PVP combat

- Visit the ports of "La Ochilla","Great Corn", and "Bonacca"

- Gain 3000 crafting XP.

-Sell 300 oak log to X (another player of a different nation who gets the mission to purchase the oak)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6.)Diplomacy (National)

Each admiralty maintains a diplomatic rating with all other nations and player actions such as port conquest and admiralty points effect this rating.  A nations diplomatic level in regards to another effects some game mechanics and is particularly important for reinforcements, trade agreements, Surprise attacks, and Raids.

A.)Mechanics Admiralty:

1.)Allies and War.Any given nation can have only one ally and two nations they are at war with at any given time.  Once two nations fill that roll other nations will stop increasing or decreasing faction at the  level before War or Allied respectively. (*Pirates can be at war with up to four nations but they cannot be allied with any*)

2.)Surprise Attack:(7,000 Admiralty Points)(National Only)(Nation Wide)(-350)

• Once the diplomatic level reaches a state of war with another nation the Surprise Attack option will be unlocked in a Nations Admiralty
  • A Surprise Attack costs 7,000 Admiralty points
  • Any player in the Nation can spend their Admiralty points towards a Surprise Attack but the player who contributed the most points gets to decide which port is attacked and when it will be launched.
  • Only two Surprise Attacks may be waged against a given nation during a conquest period.
  • A Surprise Attack is a port battle outside of that ports conquest window.
  • A Surprise Attack cannot be waged against a Regional Capital or Alternate starting port.
  • A Surprise Attack results in -350 Diplomatic points with the nation it was launched against

3.)Trade Agreement:(3,000 Admiralty Points)(National Only)(Nation Wide)(+130)

• Once the diplomatic level reaches allied with another nation the Trade Agreement option will be unlocked in a Nations Admiralty
  • A Trade Agreement costs 3,000 Admiralty Points
  • Any player can contribute Admiralty points towards a Trade Agreement with the allied nation.  Once the Admiralty point threshold is reached the trade mission begins with that Allied nation.
  • A Trade Agreement lasts for a two week duration and increases the available production pool in every Capital and Regional Capital controlled by both Allied nations. 
  • Each Capital receives a x1.5 bonus to their available production pool. (I.E.  Your nations capital used to produce 1000 oak logs a day, now it produces 1500 oak logs a day)
  • Each Regional Capital receives a x1.25 bonus to their production pool. (I.E. One of your nations regional Capitals used to produce 1000 oak logs a day , now it produces 1250 oak logs a day.)
  • Only one Trade Agreement can be active with any nation at a time.
  • There is a one week cool down between available Trade Agreements with a given nation.
  • There is no limit to the number of Trade Agreements that can be conducted during a conquest period.
  • A Trade Agreement results in +230 Diplomatic points with the nation the agreement is with.

4.)Raids:(7,000 Admiralty points)(Pirate Only)(Nation Wide)(-250)

• Once the diplomatic level reaches War with another nation the Raid option will be unlocked in the Pirate Cove.
  • A Raid costs 7,000 Admiralty points.
  • Any player can spend Admiralty points toward a Raid but the player who contributed the most points decides which port is Raided and when.
  • Only two Raids may be waged against a given nation during a conquest period.
  • A Raid is a port battle outside of the current conquest window. The battle does not have defensive towers,  and victory does not determine who controls the port but the fate of the ports resources.
  • Raids cannot be conducted against Capitals
  • If the pirates win a Raid they are able to take up to half of all goods stored within that ports players warehouses from the port battle reward screen (weight permitting).
  • I.E.  the combined goods stored in the nations player warehouses at the time of the raid were 1000 oak, 3000 iron, 100 cotton.  The raid reward screen has an available 500 oak, 1500 iron, and 50 cotton which the pirate players who participated in the winning Raid battle are able to take if the weight of goods is not greater then the weight available in their individual ships storage. 
  • The resources are taken evenly from the losing nation players' warehouses in that port so one player does not burden the brunt of a lost Raid.
  • If the Pirates lose the Raid they are not granted any reward apart from the usual xp and gold earned during the battle.
  • A Raid results in -250 diplomatic points with the nation which the raid was launched against win or lose.

5.)Diplomatic Delegation:(1000 Admiralty Points)(Nation Wide)(+300)/(-200)

• Any Player can spend  Admiralty Points towards a Diplomatic Delegation with a Nation they wish to improve relations with.
  • A Diplomatic Delegation costs 1000 admiralty points
  • A Diplomatic Delegation can be launched at any Diplomacy level with any nation.
  • When the 1000 point threshold is reached with a given nation the Admiralty launches a Diplomatic Delegation which sails from your nations Capital to the Capital of the nation which the Delegation is bringing goodwill.
  • The Delegation is comprised of a heavily armed NPC fleet. (Think 2x 3rds, Frigates, Constitution, Surprise, etc.) and labeled as the nations delegation  ("Great Britain Delegation") when viewed on the Open Sea.
  • If the Delegation successfully reaches its destination, relations are improved 300 points.
  • If the Delegation is intercepted and sunk the intercepting nation loses 200 points with the nation that launched the delegation but there is no change to relations with the nation intended to be receiving the delegation.
  • Only one Delegation can be launched and active at a time from a given nation.
  • Delegations have a 24 hour cool-down with a given nation. (I.E. you can't launch a delegation with the same nation more then once a day)
  • There is no limit to the number of Delegations a nation can launch within a conquest period.

6.)Trade Mission:(35 Admiralty Points)(Player Based)(+35)(+75)

• Any Player can spend 35 Admiralty Points and $10,000 to receive a Trade Mission from the Admiralty for any nation which they wish to improve relations with.
  • The Admiralty gives the player a large amount of goods (1000 Stone Block) to be delivered to the capital of the nation they wish to improve national relations with.
  • The player must transport the goods to the Capital himself.
  • If the player is sunk or the goods are not delivered in full the Trade Mission fails.
  • A successful Trade Mission Grants +35 diplomatic relations with the nation which the mission was conducted.  (I.E. U.S. player conducts trade mission with Sweden.  U.S. nation diplomatic relations improve +35 with Sweden)
  • A successful Trade Mission also grants the player who conducted the mission +75 individual standing relation points with the nation which the mission was conducted. (I.E. a U.S. player conducts trade mission with Sweden.  U.S. player increases his standing with Sweden 75 points)
  • A player can only have one active Trade Mission at a time.
  • A Trade Mission can be conducted at any level of diplomatic relations

7.) Missionary: (55 Admiralty Points)(-35/+35)

• Any Player can spend 65 Admiralty Points to commission a Missionary from the Admiralty.
  • A Missionary is sent to a specific port to spread your nations’ religion.
  • A Missionary can be launched to any port regardless of current diplomatic relations
  • The Missionary is comprised of a NPC fleet. (Think Frigate, Brig, and Traders Brig) and labeled as the nation’s religion missionary  ("Catholic Missionary") when viewed on the Open Sea.
  • The Missionary fleet sails from your nation’s capital to the port which it was assigned to spread religion.
  • If the Missionary successfully reaches its destination, religion of that type is raised 150 points in that port.
  • If the Port is already predominantly of the same religion diplomatic relations between the two nations improves 35 points
  • If the port is predominantly another religion then diplomatic relations decline 35 points
  • If the port is controlled by the nation sending the Missionary there is no diplomatic change regardless of predominant religion.
  • If the Missionary is intercepted and sunk the intercepting nation loses 200 points with the nation that launched the Missionary but there is no change to relations with the nation intended to be receiving the Missionary.
  • Only one Delegation can be launched and active at a time to a given port.
  • Missionaries have a 2 hour cool down. A Missionary cannot be set to the same port more than 5 times in a 24 hour period.
  • There is no limit to the number of Missionaries a nation can launch within a conquest period.

B.)Mechanics Player

1.)Reinforcements: Players can or cannot reinforce battles depending on diplomatic relations.

• War(-3000 and below)- A player cannot reinforce a battle on the side of a nation their nation is currently at war with. A National can never reinforce a battle in the aid of a Pirate.  A Pirate can only ever reinforce another Pirate
  • Allied(3000 and up)- A player can reinforce a battle on the side of a nation their nation is currently Allied with for up to 3 and a half minutes. This increases the battle timer for allies by a minute and a half.

2.)Captured Officers: Players have a 20% chance to capture an officer in boarding combat.

• If a player defeats another player in boarding combat they have a 20% chance to capture one of the Officers in service of the losing captains ship.
  • Officers cannot be captured from NPCs
  • The Captured Officers can be sent to the Admiralty where they will be  used in prisoner exchange.
  • The Captured Officers can also be pressed into service by the player after a 48 hour non-usable breaking period where the officer is convinced to join your crew.
  • Captured Officers pressed into service retain their original Nation's indication but can be used aboard your ship.
  • If sent to the Admiralty for prisoner exchange diplomatic relations between the two nations improve (+15) and the players standing improves (+60) with the nation to which the officer is returned.

C.)Levels:

• -5000 Max Negative Level Nations Relations can Reach
  • -3000 War (Surprise Attacks/Raids)
  • -2000 Animosity
  • -1000 Weary
  • 0 Neutral
  • 1000 Indifferent
  • 2000 Friendly
  • 3000 Allied (Trade Agreements)
  • 5000 Max Positive Level Nations Relations Can Reach

D.)Increasing/ Decreasing National Diplomacy:

1.)Increasing:

• Trade Agreement  (+230)
  • Successful Diplomatic Delegation (+300)
  • Trade Mission- (+35)
  • Reinforce a battle in support of a nation against NPCs (+3)
  • Reinforce a battle in support of a nation against Players(+8)
  • Return Captured Officer (+15)
  • Defeat a player in battle, (+10) to all Nations currently at war with the nation the player is a member of.

.2)Decreasing:

• Surprise Attack- (-350)
  • Raid- (-250)
  • Intercept and sink a Diplomatic Delegation (-200)
  • Attack a NPC of that nation (-3)
  • Attack a player of a opposing nation (-8)
  • Defeat a Player in battle, (-15) to that Nation and (-3)its Ally.
  • Sink or Capture a player of a opposing nation 1st or 2nd rate outside of a Port Battle (-100)
  • Purchase a Port Battle Flag against another nation (-40)
  • Win a Port Battle against another nation (-15)

7.) Standing/Notoriety/Diplomacy (Player)

Each player maintains a public standing level with every other nation, and player actions such as other player and NPC kills effect the level. A Players standing with another nation is a separate scale then national diplomatic levels of nations.  A players standing level with another nations changes some game mechanics and is particularly important to piracy, traders, privateers and those wishing to change faction.

A.)Mechanics:

1.)Trader: players in high diplomatic standing will be granted access to buy and sell in other nations ports

• Any player trading in another nations port will be taxed 6% on goods purchased or sold.  The tax is taken by the admiralty of the nation's port in which you are trading.
  • At a high enough standing level the taxation is removed.

2.)Piracy: Pirates will be able to choose the nations flag which they would like to fly upon leaving port as long as they have the flag in their possession.

• Pirates will start out with only the national flag of the nation they chose to leave to become a pirate and will only be able to gain more flags by winning boarding combat against a player or NPC of that nation.
  • Flags are treated as cargo and will be lost if the Pirate is sunk And will need to be recaptured in order to be used as a disguise. Non-tradeable. Non-Stackable
  • When a Pirate is flying a nations flag he will appear as a member of that nation up to a  given distance on the open sea depending on his Notoriety level
  • A pirate maintaining a standing of -999 and above with France will appear as a French National to other members of France up to the distance of the attack radius while flying a French flag.
  • A pirate maintaining a standing of -1999 and above with a nation can be identified as a pirate at just under half max visible range by that nations players.
  • A pirate maintaining a standing of -2000 and above with a nation can be identified as a pirate at max distance by that nations players regardless of which flag he flys.
  • A flag disguise will not change the visible name of the captain. (Pagan Pete sailing under a British flag is still Pagan Pete to anyone who is paying attention.)  Real life notoriety trumps game mechanics.
  • A Pirate maintaining standing of -999 or above and currently flying that nations flag can dock at that nations ports if the port does not have the (Courthouse)  port upgrade.

3.)Letter of Marquee: Players maintaining a "Respectable" (1000) or above standing with another nation can purchase a letter of Marquee from that nation in order to increase their standing.

• Any Player who is deemed "Respectable" (including Pirate), can spend 15 admiralty points and $30,000 at another nations Capital in order to purchase a Letter of Marquee.
  • The letter of Marquee is a mission to sink 5 players of a Nation other then the Nation the letter was purchased from.
  • Upon completion of the mission, the Letter of Marquee expires and the player increases their standing with that nation by 95 points.
  • A player can only have one Letter of Marquee active at any given time.
  • There is no limit to the number of Letters of Marquee that can be purchased by a given player during a conquest period.

4.)Bounty Hunt: Any player can request a bounty hunt mission from their Admiralty at any time.

• A Bounty Hunt is a mission to sink any player  who maintains a "Scourge" standing with your nation. A List of "Scourge" player names is provided to the captain who requested the bounty.
  • A player can only have one Bounty Hunt mission active at once.
  • There is a 24 hour cool down between a Bounty Hunt issuing and the next time a player can request one.
  • At  successful completion of the mission  the player is rewarded with 50 Admiralty points and $30,000
  • The player also gets a +60 faction standing with any other nation who also had that player on their "Scourge" list.

5.)Letter of Pardon: Any player below "Respectable" standing with a nation can purchase a letter of Pardon with that nation.

• Any Player can Spend 1000 Admiralty points and $150,000 to purchase a Letter of Pardon from any Nation.
  • A Letter of Pardon immediately increases a players standing with that nation by 1150 points up to but may not exceed level (1000 "Respectable" standing)
  • A player at or above 1000 standing with a nation cannot purchase a Letter of Pardon with that nation.
  • There is no limit to the Letters or Pardon a player can purchase.

6.)Faction Change:Those seeking to change faction can do so by achieving the Celebrated diplomacy level and completing the required missions.

• Once a player reaches celebrated with another nations Admiralty they unlock the option to begin the naturalization process.
  • The naturalization process requires another 1000 diplomacy points which can only be earned via Admiralty missions for the nation which the player wishes to change to.
  • Once the player has completed the naturalization process the Admiralty will grant them the option to change nations.  Any outposts, production buildings, or ships in the players old nations ports are destroyed.  (Free towns' outposts and goods contained within remain)
  • The player begins at  -1000 for his old nation.
  • A player may only complete this process at most once per conquest period.
  • This process is open to pirates as well as nationals.
  • Once you switch nations via naturalization you are considered a member of that nation hence forth.

B.)Levels

1. Player Standing sits on a 7,000 point scale with (negative 4000) being the lowest possible and (3000) being the highest possible achievable standing level.
  • -4000 Max possible negative standing.
  • -3000 Scourge (Increased mention in Ships report Letters recovered from members of that nation. Targeted by Admiralty in Bounty Hunts.)
  • -2000 Notorious (Players can identify pirates in disguise at max visible range)
  • -1000 Noted (Players can identify pirates in disguise just under half visible range)
  • 0 Neutral
  • 1000 Respectable (Letters of Marquee become available for purchase)
  • 2000 Certified (players granted access to nations ports at 6% taxation for transactions)
  • 3000 Celebrated (players taxation is removed and access to Naturalization missions open)

c.)Increasing/Decreasing Standing Level

1.)Increasing Standing:

• Trade Mission (+75)
  • Letter of Marquee (+95)
  • Bounty Hunt (+60 to any Nation that had player on "Scourge" list)
  • Letter of Pardon (+1150)
  • Reinforce a NPC battle on the side of the nation (+5)
  • Reinforce a Player Battle on the side of the nation (+30)
  • Return Captured officer (+60)
  • Honor Terms of a Surrender (+10) to surrendering nations captain
  • Service in Honor admiralty turn in (+45)

2.)Decreasing Standing:

• Piracy: Becoming a pirate immediately drops your standing with your former nation (-1000)
  • Attack a NPC of that nation (-5)
  • Attack a Player of that nation (-10)
  • Reinforce a battle against a player member of that nation (-10)
  • Reinforce a battle against a NPC of that nation (-3)
  • Defeat in battle a player of that nation (-20)
  • Capture an Officer (-30)
  • Assist the defeat of a player in battle (-8)
  • Attend a port-battle or Raid against that nation (-50)
  • Force Enemy Player to submit to terms of surrender (-5)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

8.) Admiralty / Pirate Cove and Admiralty Points

Each Nation has an Admiralty that is in charge of its Nation's influence in the region.  It issues missions to its nation's captains, handles large scale conquest mechanics, the naturalization process, and much more.  It is where a captain can spend the admiralty points it earns. Admiralty points are not trade-able to other players.  They are in essence recognition from your nation for your deeds.  (The devs can determine if it is a physical place in a nations capital or a menu accessible from any port.)

A.)Missions

1.)Conquest Mission (Discussed in Section 5)

2.)Secondary Mission (Discussed in Section 5)

3.)Trade Mission (Discussed in Section 6,a)

4.)Letter of Marquee (Discussed in Section 7,a)

5.)Bounty Hunt (Discussed in Section 7,a)

6.)Naturalization Process (Discussed in Section 7,a)

B.)National initiatives

1.)Surprise Attack (Discussed in Section 6,a)

2.)Raids (Discussed in Section 6,a)

3.)Trade Agreements  (Discussed in Section 6,a)

4.)Diplomatic Delegation (Discussed in Section 6,a)

C.)Commissions:

1.) Commission Officers: Each player can spend Admiralty points to commission officers

• Any player can Commission an officer from their nations Admiralty.

2.)Ships of the Line: Any player can spend Admiralty points to commission a ship of the line

• All 1st rate, 2nd rate, and Pirate Frigates now require a commission to craft.
  • The commission is required in the crafting recipe in order to complete crafting
  • The Commission is a crafting material not a complete ship.
  • If a ship requiring a commission is captured the capturing player is able to fully sail the ship crew permitting.
  • Any pirate rank 7 and above can purchase a Pirate Frigate Commission (400 Admiralty points)
  • Any National rank 8 and above can purchase a 2nd rate Commission (750 Admiralty points)
  • Any National rank 10 can purchase a 1st rate Commission (900 Admiralty points)

3.)Outpost Certification: Any player can Spend Admiralty points to Commission an outpost

• Commissioning an outpost does not replace the ability to purchase an outpost as is currently in game
  • Commissioning the outpost gets increasingly expensive depending on how many outpost a player currently has.
  • if its the players 1st outpost (15 Admiralty points)
  • 2nd (40 Admiralty points)
  • 3rd (90 Admiralty points)
  • 4th (185 Admiralty points)
  • 5th (295 Admiralty points)
  • 6th (535 Admiralty points)
  • 7th (780 Admiralty points)
  • 8th (1000 Admiralty Points)

D.)Goods and Services:

1.)Ships:  Any player can spend Admiralty points to purchase specific Mastercraft level ships from their Admiralty. This Ships are bound to the player and cannot be traded or sold.  They can be captured.

a.)Traders Brig (55 Admiralty Points)(3 durability)

b.)Lynx (70 Admiralty  Points)(3 Durability)

c.)Privateer (170 Admiralty Points)(3 Durability)

d.)Pickle (220 Admiralty Points)(3 Durability)

e.)Brig (280 Admiralty Points)(2 Durability)

f.)Snow (330 Admiralty Points)(2 Durability)

g.)Navy Brig (410 Admiralty Points)(2 Durability)

h.)Niagara (520 Admiralty points)(2 Durability)

i.)Cerberus (550 Admiralty Points)(2 Durability)

j.)Surprise (630 Admiralty Points)(2 Durability)

2.)Resource Bundles: Any player can spend Admiralty points to purchase resource bundles. Which contain a random mixture of resources from the bundle type you selected. Resource bundles must be picked up at the nations capital. Resource bundles come in 3 sizes per type.

a.)Forestry- Contains random mix of : Lignum, Compass wood, pine, fir, teak.

1.)Small (30 Admiralty points)- Weight contained 200

2.)Medium (60 Admiralty points)- Weight Contained 450

3.)Large (100 Admiralty points)- Weight Contained 850)

b.)Construction- Contains random Mix of: Coal, hemp, oak, teak, stone.

1.)Small (35 Admiralty points)- 200

2.)Medium (70 Admiralty points)- 450

3.)Large (120 Admiralty Points)- 850

c.)Ore- Contains a random mix of : Copper, iron, coal, silver

1.)Small (40 Admiralty points)- 200

2.)Medium (80 Admiralty points)- 450

3.)Large (130 Admiralty points)- 800

d.)Provisions- Contains a random mix of : Livestock, Rum, fish, grains, fruit

1.)Small (25 Admiralty points)- Weight Contained 230

2.)Medium (50 Admiralty points)- Weight Contained 480

3.)Large (115 Admiralty points)- Weight Contained 1000

e.)Luxury- Contains a random mix of: silver, gold, spices, Live Oak

1.)Small (50 Admiralty points)-150

2.)Medium (100 Admiralty points)- 350

3.)Large  (200 Admiralty points)- 750

f.)Textile- Contains a random mix of: Indigo, turmeric, saffron, barberry, concheal, sassafras,woad.

1.)Small (50 Admiralty points)- 65

2.)Medium (100 Admiralty points)- 85

3.)Large (200 Admiralty points)- 200

E.)Earning Admiralty points:

1.)Missions:

• Conquest Mission (+550 Admiralty points)
  • Secondary Mission (+45 Admiralty points)
  • Bounty Hunt (+50 Admiralty points)

2.)Turn ins: You can earn Admiralty points by sending things to the Admiralty

• Send to Admiralty; Captured NPC ships (+ 5 Admiralty Points)
  • Send to Admiralty; Captured Player Ships (+25 Admiralty Points)
  • Send to Admiralty; Recovered flags being used as a disguise from a pirate player. (+10 Admiralty points per flag)(Not Applicable to Pirates)
  • Send to Admiralty; Captured or Recovered Captains for Prisoner exchange (+25 Admiralty points)

3.)Game-play:

• Sink another Nations player (+20 Admiralty Points)
  • Allow another Nation's player to surrender to you (+10 Admiralty
  • Assist the defeat of another player in a battle (+3 Admiralty Points)
  • Attend a Port Battle / Raid (+35 Admiralty points)
  • Win a Port Battle / Raid (+10 Admiralty points)

Edited by Babble

Jeheil    2,491

Excellent stuff, pity your not a Dev....but excellent stuff.

I would like to see more elements of a dynamic economy (when at war then X and so on)

I would also like to see dynamic weather (on top of 'trade routes') including variable strength wind.

And....should you (as a nation) 'own a region' I would like to see regional benefits (eg you own the Yucatan...have cheaper trees, you own Jamaica, have cheaper hemp :) and more labour hours etc.

Bert Beard    41

Wow Babble, What your doing is impressive and very interesting.

You obviously have a great deal of experience with 1 or 2 MMO's that are very similar to Naval Action ( I won't mention any names )

This would certainly be an enormous amount of work to develop and implement and I'm not sure how close it might be to the Developer's road map.

Wonder what the Dev's think ?

And I wonder how open the Dev's are to a few very talented players helping with the development of Naval Action. 

Edited by Bert Beard

Shunziji    14

Quite interesting ! You spent a lot of time thinking about it, that's for sure !

I would leave religion out of the game though. Even if it is an historical fact and a cleaver political asset. 

I think the real world has enough problems with religion, we don't need to play it. By taking place in the 18th centuries-ish, Naval Action covers a period where France had a revolution. That means they introduced the laïcité. I would be surprised if Napoleon ever bothered to send a priest to do the political job.

We must also keep in mind that the religions involved through the present nations are all Christians*. I don't think the entire Naval Action community praise the same god, if any do. I would understand if a player from a non-Christian religion refused to even play the game because it would mean sending Christian priest to convert people. 

That said, you have plenty of great ideas. I just don't think religion would be appropriate.

* For those who may not know yet. Eastern and middle-eastern Orthodox, Protestants, Anglicans and Catholics are all Christians.

Ronald Speirs    336

Wow incredible, great proposals and good detail, eyes did get a little sore towards the end reading it on the iPad but I'm quite impressed with the work you have put in.

Babble    197

What is a "Conquest Period"?

A pre-determined period of time or set of qualifications that need to be met before the map is reset and a new period begins.

By resetting the map once a nation "wins" RVR it prevents nations from being completely steam rolled and the player base leaving.  There is a sense of well we can always try again next round.  Instead of the never end ass kicking we currently have.

Magnum    1,083

I see dead people er resets

Rather than an "electronic RISK game" I would prefer some mechanics that deter steamrolling be worked on - ACES High has that, works fine.

Babble    197

I posted all of this stuff months ago. 

Its interesting to me that its now stickied when it went vastly under the radar when i posted it all.

Eishen    559

I posted all of this stuff months ago. 

Its interesting to me that its now stickied when it went vastly under the radar when i posted it all.

Maybe only under the radar of the common of us, maybe too complete and seriously built for usual forum chit-chat, Maybe not  so under the radar of people who really cares ...Maybe.

Babble    197

I've asked elsewhere; but any work on cameras/views planned at all?

I would have no way of knowing.  I am in no way affiliated with the development team apart from purchasing their product and providing suggestions to try and improve it.

I would love to be able to walk in the towns, i dont want avatar combat however. But interaction whit others and having a "character" and its own developement wouldnt hurt the game.

I love all the things in the list, wish them to be imblented even half!

Edited by James Thomson

Babble    197

I would love to be able to walk in the towns, i dont want avatar combat however. But interaction whit others and having a "character" and its own developement wouldnt hurt the game.

agreed