Game-Labs Forum

Shipyard lvl 3 adding an additional dock slot in the outpost.

Hello all,

To get a shipyard at level 3 it represents a total investment of more than 1 million gold, yet all this money gives us nothing more in return than a "license" to build higher class ships, no other advantages is given from investing such load of money in a lvl 3 shipyard.

My suggestion is to make the shipyard level 3 adding an additional dock slot in the outpost, simple as this, it makes sense to get an additional dry dock slot with such building and it will surely make the shipyard value more worth the investment than now, we will be able to get one more ship stored in the outpost which is valuable for many craft guys always needing to get one free slot to release a ship.

If needed put a limitation on this to get only one additional slot per outpost, so we won't be able to make 5 shipyards level 3 in a single town and get 5 more additional docking slots, but getting one more slot for such investment will be more than welcome right now.

Thanks.

• Like 13

Outside a gaming mechanic is there any "real world" situation that would support this ?

I am asking this because 5 permanent dock spaces ( +1 temporary ) that can fit up to the biggest ships in the world are readily made available in all outposts already. Plus up to 5 ship building / drydocks if you so chose.

Do not take this as an opposite opinion, it is not, I am simply curious of why this is being suggested :)

Thanks for the support guys and good to see Admin's comment here :).

@ Hethwill : all buildings upgrades add something, more production and storage + a discount on craft hours needed, shipyard right now adds nothing beside the right to build a ship, dedicated crafters need to have a free slot to release a ship, and even if you have 5 slots + 1 temporary it's always one slot that you need to keep empty to make the ship or with a crafted ship you keep for few hours /days before giving it/selling it to the guy who ordered it ( if you don't sell it back to the shop ), one slot that you can't use for your own ships.

With the price needed for a shipyard lvl 3 i think it is fair to get one more dock where the ships can be done and stored for a bit, plus a shipyard is somewhere where you build a ship to start with, a dry dock, so it makes sense, at least for me ;)

PS: like i said maybe limit this to one more slot by outpost to avoid a 5 shipyards + 5 more slots possible and also limit this possibility to Nation owned towns to not increase the stored docks in free towns mechanic.

Edited by Kanay

I would think it would make sense but one alternative thought would be to have it only be a spot that only allows you to sell or trade from.  It wouldn't show up on your Home screen as an available ship (it would be in the drydock not the actual dock).  It would show up in your select screen when trading and would also show up when putting it on the market.

It is annoying that as a crafter when you can't have a full complement of usable ships like everyone else when you have to reserve one spot for crafting/trading purposes.

It would also invalidate the magic teleport option for ships eliminating the remote shipyard that can magically transport new ships (other players could still do it after trading/buying it of course but that is another discussion entirely).

Edited by Arsilon

• 3 weeks later...

I think ship crafters deserve an extra slot as they have the need to store ships before sale. It's realistic as shipyards could store ships. I can't see any negatives or exploits but i'm sure they would be offset by the cost. I assume it would take very little dev time too.

All in all i see no reason why this shouldn't be implemented.

I live in a port that used to have a shipbuilder called Vospers which had ships docked in and around all the time. Went inside as a kid and got to see the ships being built or repaired. All turned into flats now though.  :(

I would suggest the following:

Shipyard lvl 1: +1 additional dock slot

Shipyard lvl 2: +2 additional dock slots

Shipyard lvl 3: +3 additional dock slots

:D  

I support the idea of having per shipyard level a slot just like the upgrades area in the warehouse. The ships u build are stored there. That way u can travel to where u want to sell the ship. And still be going back with the ship u traveled. This also allows for  more shipyard buildings so u accumulate more spaces to fill with ships and more bonus to crafting. You can only take a ship out of it for selling/trading purpose or putting it in the dock for usage by yourself. And u can't put a ship back in there yourself.

That way it won't become a storage center of already used ships.

• 2 weeks later...

And material storage for up to the biggest boat you can build.

This can be bought already with " Extend Warehouse " button,  +8 slots for 50k, then next 8 slots for 250k, and 8 more for 750k.

The 750k one is abusive for what it brings especially since you can store stuff in traders but others are fine, what i really need is getting more slots for ships and not craft a ship and leave it there half a day until the captain who ordered it comes pick it up reducing my ships stored in this outpost to only 4 possible at any time.