Game-Labs Forum

Abuse of flag mechanics to block assault on port - Pirate Edition

This thread isn't about pirate green on green, it's about blatant griefing, same way it's been done and condemned previously.

I say add them to the list of people awaiting sentencing.

Admins and Devs of this game will just be standing by while the game is being run into the ground if these type of actions are not condemned officialy.

Edited by Ian2492
  • Like 7

This thread isn't about pirate green on green, it's about blatant griefing, same way it's been done and condemn previously.

I say add them to the list of people awaiting sentencing.

Agreed we were getting off topic regardless if you can open world fight this still is griefing of the flag mechanic.

Burn them for their witchcraft, this is why the PB system needs overhauling as its got many faults, without flags and having to sit around ports to build unrest to put into contention will eliminate this and thus bring in nations defense to come take care of it or in the pirate case with some pirates not agreeing then those pirates attacking the other pirates, abuse like this should be dealt with harshly as they are using broken mechanics for their own selfish advantage!!!!

То есть клан под названием фтс, решил вчера воспользоватся предательской тактикой атаки пустых портов и захватить пустые горда у датчан и Вы лидер вашего клана называет это правильной тактикой.

То есть клан под названием фтс, решил вчера воспользоватся предательской тактикой атаки пустых портов и захватить пустые горда у датчан и Вы лидер вашего клана называет это правильной тактикой.

Accusing others of treachery because they attack ports that you decide not to defend is ridiculous - and off topic, especially considering how many "empty" ports the Russians er Danes attack.

Either the pirate "nation" has the right to use the port battle mechanics just as any other nation does - or it doesn't. Since it is treated as a nation in every other way by the game - it is De Facto just another a nation. Therefore the members of it have a right to ask the Dev's to fix broken mechanic's that allow using the buying of a flag simply to lock out all other flag purchases that day.

And to expect the persons who knowingly abuse the mechanics to be punished.

• Like 4

Uhhh, it doesn't matter who you are, green on green is not allowed and is punishable.

Obviously the mechanics need to be changed so this can't happen.  I think that port battles should be 24+ hour multi stage events.  Have a zone around each port.  All combat that takes place in the zone counts to the outcome.

i suggested something like that like a year ago, didn't get the same reception you did though but i guess more understand the port battles now and want to see big changes and this stop of night flips and screenings

• Like 2

On this topic, I agree with one of the previous remarks that being Pirate, this is an acceptable mechanic. 

However, once again it is just another one of the multiple flaws that the current PB system needs to fix ASAP.

Currently anyone in a ship above a Cutter/Yacht with a pocket full of gold can go an buy a flag. This is ludicrous!

One simple solution is that you can buy a flag but for that flag to become active, you need at least 24 people to sign up for the attack by tagging an object inside the port where the flag was purchased.

Yes I can see many unhappy people if this where to come, but it is a simple to implement solution that will greatly reduce this kind of abuse.

On this topic, I agree with one of the previous remarks that being Pirate, this is an acceptable mechanic. 

However, once again it is just another one of the multiple flaws that the current PB system needs to fix ASAP.

Currently anyone in a ship above a Cutter/Yacht with a pocket full of gold can go an buy a flag. This is ludicrous!

One simple solution is that you can buy a flag but for that flag to become active, you need at least 24 people to sign up for the attack by tagging an object inside the port where the flag was purchased.

Yes I can see many unhappy people if this where to come, but it is a simple to implement solution that will greatly reduce this kind of abuse.

And once they signed, they are unable to sign another flag, until current one is planted or expired.

• Like 1

Sorry but this has been taken completely out of context and is nothing but ANOTHER attempt by FTS to cause issues. 

You have taken snap shots from chats instead of revealing the entire conversation to show their clear meanings. The Coalition is working against FTS, the same way FTS is working against the Coalition. However we plan to do this with game mechanics and not via silly tricks. 

Insom says very clearly he is working with the Danes. The same as the rest of the Coalition is but again you have taken it our of context and tried to link it to this. We work with the Danes against the British. This is WELL known. 

As far as I am aware the players who bought the flags planned to plant them however they were diverted to more important issues once I got on-line. Namely against the British. 

We were going to take both of these Ports. We had a deal with the Danes to do so. Something we had set up for some time and they would be exchanged for some of our ports we had captured to better secure both sides. It all went to hell however when we noticed the British coming. 

Either way they did not prevent anything. How was you going to attack this port when you pulled a flag for ANOTHER Danish port right after?

I am left very confused here. 

Edited by Kutai
  • Like 1

Sorry but this has been taken completely out of context and is nothing but ANOTHER attempt by FTS to cause issues. 

You have taken snap shots from chats instead of revealing the entire conversation to show their clear meanings. The Coalition is working against FTS, the same way FTS is working against the Coalition. However we plan to do this with game mechanics and not via silly tricks. 

Insom says very clearly he is working with the Danes. The same as the rest of the Coalition is but again you have taken it our of context and tried to link it to this. We work with the Danes against the British. This is WELL known. 

As far as I am aware the players who bought the flags planned to plant them however they were diverted to more important issues once I got on-line. Namely against the British. 

We were going to take both of these Ports. We had a deal with the Danes to do so. Something we had set up for some time and they would be exchanged for some of our ports we had captured to better secure both sides. It all went to hell however when we noticed the British coming. 

Either way they did not prevent anything. How was you going to attack this port when you pulled a flag for ANOTHER Danish port right after?

I am left very confused here. 

We had a deal to swap on this matter with the coalition, but things got out of hand thanks to the British. 

• Like 1

I am very sorry if this has caused any issues. It was not mine or the intent of our guild to do so. I am glad however that FTS still managed to get a fight and hit another port. Unfortunately the game mechanics currently do not support the ability to purchase multiple flags or repurchase after one has been lost else this situation would have been solved. 

I understand that my actions to call my players off the attack to instead intercept and engage the British has caused some issues for the 10 or so FTS however I made a judgement call to protect our boarders rather than continue the swap with the Danes. I made a tactical judgement to protect our assets rather than expand. I do not believe we have breached any rules or exploited but I do understand that our choice to change our attack at last minute meant that FTS had to chose another target. For this I apologise.  

If I had known that FTS were to continue themselves on that side I would have left it to them. However Penza one of the FTS players said they only intended to take the one port and hold it. This is where the majority of my confusion comes from. 

• Like 1

I think Bigvalco has made very good points, all valid, with evidence. The biggest problem this type of disruptive play causes is people lose hours in their lives. This game requires enough patience and careful planning already without this effort being made pointless by selfish and bad attitude of these other clans.

I think the ringleaders should have their accounts defaulted to zero xp and rank on all fronts.The Tribunal should clamp down on this and set an example so that others who are considering such tactics think carefully before proceeding. The decision to make this spoiling play was theirs to make, there is no excuse. The fact that the guilty openly admitted their malice makes it even more concrete.

Edited by Albert

Who do you think you're fooling exactly Kutai? These ports that had remained Danish since I don't even know when (read: ages) just happened to be part of a deal to flip as FTS begins to attack them? Sure they did.

Did it just happen to be two players connected with the previous abuse of this exploit too? And you lot just happened to enjoy a good brag about how you're specifically working against FTS in chat afterwards?

You're up to your necks in this and a pantomime display of innocence doesn't change anything except show that the Pirates wholeheartedly endorse such exploiting.

I have apologised if our actions deprived FTS of an assault that they had planned. However since FTS continued to attack ports regardless, I do not believe this was the case. They were able to pull a flag for another port, get there and fight. 

All I see here is a witch hunt and Valco has put 'evidence' which has been taken completely our of Context to try and support his claim that we did this on purpose just to deprive his 10 guys of a battle. It is nothing like that and I have always done my best to bring as much content as possible to the Pirate Nation. 

As stated previously. I was under the impression that they only aimed to take a single port either way and not continue onto the two ports we intended to flip with the danes. As shown in this -

GQcEbKK.png

I do not see the issue here and again I apologise for any issues we may have caused. But you can clearly see Penta state FTS wanted A port to hold and they intended to hold the port they took. Even saying this, they then just attacked another nearby port. So either way we did not deprive them of content. If indeed our aim was to prevent them from taking any ports from the Danes. We would have pulled the flag for Samana which we knew they were going to attack. Or pull it for ALL surrounding ports rather than just the two we had aimed to swap with the Danes. 

In addition to the Evidence supplied by Valco where he claims we BOASTED about what we have done... It is all taken out of context and that is why he has not included the entire conversations. 

The Coalition is working against FTS just as FTS is working against the Coalition. Just like Pirates work against the British. No where do it state we deliberately aim to use shady mechanics to stop them playing. Why would we? We welcome conflict and it spices up the game. We will deal with this in game and by using legitimate tactics. 

Insom states very clearly we are working with the Danes. Hence the port swap we had planned. It is no secret that we ARE working WITH the DANES. Again this does not seem like someone boasting about exploiting a mechanic. 

Edited by Kutai

@Kutai'

your comments in this picture:

e007ec75f6.jpg

are in complete contradiction to the comments you made in a post earlier in this thread:

b9a4361b26.png

in the first you say that pirates shouldn't be attacking undefended danish ports because they are your friends, and suggest FTS attack a British port - you wouldn't even be having that conversation if it was an arranged port swap with the danes as you claim in the other post

this more than anything shows that it was intentional griefing by using flawed flag mechanics

Sorting out a port exchange and attacking an allied port with no communication are two very different things. When the attack happened by FTS, we got in touch with the Danes and agreed that we would speed up the deal so that there would be no misconstrued thoughts about what was happening. Rest assured due to all of this drama it has now pretty much gone down the pan. 

Again I do not see how this is griefing in any sense of the word. FTS still had a fight and attacked a port. They claimed very clearly they only wanted to take the single port and defend it. They only had 10 players. So how did they plan to attack all of these ports which they claim to have planned to do?

This is nothing but an attempt to portray us as exploiters and try to get us penalized because they are unable to deal with us within the game. 

Edited by Kutai

why would the danes take it back if it was part of an agreed upon port exchange?

WC_Smilie_35.gif

I understand your attempt to stir the pot. After all you have a vested interest in seeing us demoted/penalized. 

However as I stated, an un-communicated attack on a port is very different to an agreed exchange. We also do not want FTS to have that port and be in charge of the timer as they have made a mess of every port they have taken and defended so far. So yes the Danes SHOULD retake it. We broke the agreement with them and I think they would be well within their rights to take it back until we have solved the current situation. Things moved very fast last night and alot of stuff happened in a short period of time. 

We have apologised profusely if we have caused any issues. 

We intended to attack Jamaica. The day before FTS took all of the ports to prevent us from doing this and swapped them to timers we could not defend so the Brits could easily take them back and set timers. Do you see us making a post trying to insinuate that they cheated? No. We dealt with it and continued on rather than trying to cause unnecessary drama and the pointing of fingers. 

Edited by Kutai

So purposely buying flags through flawed mechanics to prevent other pirates from attacking the port with no intention of ever attacking that port is exploiting the game mechanics to your own selfish gains or reason and should be dealt with, this is completely unacceptable and shouldn't be allowed, you can try justify yourself but at the end of the day you are ruining the game for others with your selfishness and exploits IMO

• Like 2

1). We also do not want FTS to have that port and be in charge of the timer as they have made a mess of every port they have taken and defended so far. So yes the Danes SHOULD retake it. 

2)We intended to attack Jamaica. The day before FTS took all of the ports to prevent us from doing this and swapped them to timers we could not defend so the Brits could easily take them back and set timers. 

1) That statement alone means you targeted a clan within your faction in an effort to grief them/prevent them from continuing its attacks. It is not up to you to decide what pirate clans can and cannot do. 

2) And this point is also irrelevant the difference is FTS actually took those ports. They didn't purchase the flags just to keep you from attacking. FTS is a US time zone clan the timers were set according to that so that we could on for the defense. How successful or unsuccessful someone is is irrelevant as long as an attempt was made to capture the port.

• Like 1