Game-Labs Forum
admin

Love and Hate Post

DesMoines    128

Love:

-Graphics

-Realistic Battle (smoke, speed, turn speed,sails and mast position)

-Community of players ^^

Improve:

-The wind should be completely random in strength and direction in OW and Battle (Wind must be a Lucky Bonus...or not ;) )

-Boarding mechanics. XP on crew? Equipements of Crew?Mercenary or National Military...or why not..peasant? And animations when boarding Where are mens? And for example...Smoke when Fire Deck gun or Musket volley?

-RVR mechanics (next patch next patch ^^)

Hate:

-Cross the sea take much too long...Multiplier time by 1,5 (when Flags will do not exist anymore)

-Try to balance the nations with bonus or penaltys. Some nations are huge(GB) and others too small(Sveridge). Prices of the components or the crews is the same. It is not quite normal. I know it s just a game...But all players must found pleasure in this game.

-My wife who want i play less NA :joke

Bulwyf    141

Love:

The graphics

The sound effects

Smoke, seagulls, flying wood, flames etc

Improve:

Ports - buildings, fortress and anchored ships etc I loved the fishing fleets, made the harbours look a bit more real, was a silly and pointless decision to remove them.

More crew with marines, in tops as well and would be lovely to have crew in open world. 

The ability to walk around the ship and have a customisable cabin in your ship where you could perform various functions and have all the ships cabins to the standard of the Constitution or better.

I know  you said 3 but I would really love to have storms back in the game!!

Hate:

Having to gain BPs from events

The 2 minute timer

Ahistorical features

Bearwall    839

Love:

- Ship vs Ship duels (PvP), gets me all giddy inside.

- Crafting, one of the few games with viable crafting system (pls don't ruin it)

- Combat mechanics

HATE:

- Cloaking in BS!! (Totally unrealistic and for all the cloaking gankers out there: If u wanna keep 2 min timers, then let's drop the cloaking devices.. or give us all lasers)

- Trading, too easy to prevent others from trading high value goods (I'm one of the sinners) and too easy to make gold.

- The event

stormridersp    41

LOVE:

I love the current combat mechanics, splinter damages and stuff.

HATE:

I hate that the crew is just a generic number. I wish that they were more humane, with names, that we could hire them with different skills and specialities, train them, put them to rest when their are fatigued, manage their morale and behavior.

Right now it´s just like 12 crew dead, [HIRE 10 CREW], which is kind of dull to be honest. Take the example of Silent Hunter 4.

LOVE:

I love the current combat mechanics, splinter damages and stuff.

HATE:

I hate that the crew is just a generic number. I wish that they were more humane, with names, that we could hire them with different skills and specialities, train them, put them to rest when their are fatigued, manage their morale and behavior.

Right now it´s just like 12 crew dead, [HIRE 10 CREW], which is kind of dull to be honest. Take the example of Silent Hunter 4.

While I understand the sentiment, having to read through 70+ names and skillsets after a large battle where I've lost all those men, I think I would get quickly annoyed.  I could see getting to know officers and warrant officers.  Even petty officers (Boatswain, Gunner, carpenter and the like), but not the entire ship's roster.

stormridersp    41

I hate the new Port Battle mechanics. It killed the game for me. It killed the last remaining good PVP combat with these stupid mechanics.

443.jpg

I don´t see any of those stupid conquest circles in there. Why is it so difficult to just get this right and simple?

Edited by stormridersp

Loco Bandito    543
On 05/01/2017 at 10:07 PM, stormridersp said:

I hate the new Port Battle mechanics. It killed the game for me. It killed the last remaining good PVP combat with these stupid mechanics.

443.jpg

I don´t see any of those stupid conquest circles in there. Why is it so difficult to just get this right and simple?

I agree with you. I've come back to the game since the new port battle mechanics and the first port battle we did I said on TS wtf is these magical circles since when in history did the battle of Trafgar have 3 rings on the ocean.

I think port battles should be about kills more kills then you win or a damage meter as this will stop people running. Team with most damage wins port battle. 

Wraith    1,348

On 1/5/2017 at 6:07 AM, stormridersp said:

443.jpg

Large Battles.

If open ocean 25 v 25 is your thing then organize your country's screening fleet. 

Since when did historical port battles have five magical towers out in the middle of empty ocean?

There are plenty of opportunities for the fights you want. I'm not arguing that the current system can't be improved substantially, but don't argue for the removal of something that brings variety and interest to the game when it doesn't remove the opportunity to get the battles you want. You're just hurting other players and being selfish.

Edited by Wraith

Intrepido    2,182

Trafalgar wasnt a siege nor a battle for conquering a port. It was a fleet battle in open sea.

Look at the battle for Cartagena de Indias (1741) and the siege of Algiers of 1784.

Edited by Intrepido

AngryPanCake    308

Love:

- Graphics: day/night cycles, water, ships, islands

- Battle mechanics/realism, ballistics, immersion

- Vastness of the open water

- Current content, with a caveat! just started playing, so so far there is plenty for me, but I suspect I'll be looking for more soon.

Hate:

- So far nothing...maybe crews in battle mode, they are kinda too generic and automated, they don't look alive.

Jesters-Ink    122

Whats right:-

Graphics are about as good as they get, looks amazing.

Sounds are spot on too, you can't get any better than a 50 gun salute.

Range of ships available with more on the way, you have some crazy good models, respect to the people who created them.

Whats wrong:-

Port battles have a set time. Too open to exploit. We took your port whilst you were sleeping, it was an easy battle, you didn't show. Must be an alternative?

Battle:-

Current battle mechanics feel spot on, the ships feel tough, but the test server, the ships feel weak. Too easy.
Battles don't last long and it feels like a step backwards.

OW:-

More options on the cargo in your fleet, for example, a slider like the crew management for each ship for distributing cargo after battle would be good?

Loco Bandito    543

Love the leaks again. Really rewarding sinking noobs who dont understand the wind and speed and turning sails and showing red keels.

Dont change a thing devs. If someone wants to roll their belly then I shall be rewarded with leaks.

Learn to sail before you whine.

Mrgoldstein    111

love the grinding and 1 dura ships, you really have the feeling you accomplished something when you buy/craft that trinc, and when you lose it..it really hurts..plus you know that if you sink an enemy or help sink an enemy fleet, youve really set that nation back..

NoSwede_IAm    1

Love:
- graphics
- size of the map
- trading&crafting

Hate:
- Nations not ballanced -> terribly unfair gameplay
- lack of informations for beginners
- disallow skilled Superadmirals from the Supernations hunting newbies in front of their home

Improve:
- setup fair game-play machanism in regards to Nations

HarryButpain    77

So ten minutes after maintenance the entire teak reservoir of the british nation on pvp_eu is alrdy gone. 

Oh well, I guess I gonna try tomorrow after maintenance, cause it's sunday and all or monday when I am supposed to get back to work, oh wait.. 

Devs, are you nuts? O.o 

Edited by HarryButpain

HarryButpain    77

About pve combat and unlocking knowledge slots, grinding modules et cetera. I think we all agree that at some point during the grind our brains simply shut off, and we stop paying too much attention to the silly little pve enemy, right? So I have lost my surprise now for the second time because of the npc boarding my ship. Npc always seems to be rdy to board your vessel no matter the circumstances. I don't mind npc having faster reload or doing more dmg than a player could do, cause I can easily make his shots bounce off my hull in my sleep, but the boarding thing REALLY annoys the hell out of me.. I know it's my own fault but, devs, at least please consider nerfing npc's readiness to board the player. I mean, when I activate the crew command for boarding and hear my whistle the NPC immediately does the same, and I hear its whistle, but as it is right now, the npc always seems to be rdy to board you anyway, which is unrealistic and therefore annoying to keep in mind when you are forced to grind for hours on end to unlock those skill slots or to get cool modules et cetera.. 

It is not like I couldn't replace the ship or was forced to fight in a basic cutter now, but it's really really annoying when the NPC can board you in ways a hostile player could not like always being rdy to board and to fight at the same time.

Buffs to fight me are perfectly fine, but the boarding readiness thing is total BS, seriously, please adjust that thing to emulate actual pvp conditions..  

Edited by HarryButpain

Liq    3,264

Meh I just unlocked the 5th slot on  my surp yesterday through (for the most part) pvp only

HarryButpain    77
16 minutes ago, Liquicity said:

Meh I just unlocked the 5th slot on  my surp yesterday through (for the most part) pvp only

Yes, to avoid the described issue with npc's boarding readiness I could go and pvp instead.. It might came across differently to you but I'm rather annoyed with the boarding thing than the grind.. The grind is there to make knowledge slots harder to unlock.. Pve being able to board you anytime takes some getting used to, however.. 

Edited by HarryButpain

corsair414    0

Love:

-Graphics

-Naval gameplay(gunnery, hardcore sailing)

-Economic system

-Map size

Hate

-lack of ground gameplay and fencing, boarding system at all

-low online

Liq    3,264

hate:
being stuck in a free port, hours away from any possibility to re-fill so either being forced to afk-sail repairs forth and back, do PvE to loot ships for repairs or jsut stop playing.

Repairs limiting gameplay is a MAJOR game design flaw.

Edited by Liq

Ehutchin78    10

Good 

Ship models are gorgeous but some of them need a refresh to bring them up to new ships standards. Mostly the Rigging. Belle poule is a prime example. The Le hermione and Le gros ventre's Rigging is much nicer to look at. 

Bad

Ports and destinations are really all the same. At least it feels that way. Each should have unique items in the shop. I should have more of a reason to sail around. 

Thoughts...

I often wonder if it would be possible to have the whole game "in" the battle instance. Shrink the whole world so it wouldn't take a week to sail somewhere but still be able to sail, go to ports and even see players on the horizon ...more of a "who's that?!"...maybe I should hail them? 

HUTCH78