Game-Labs Forum

CW2

Immelmann

Hister does for sure and David Fair has at least tried it (maybe he plays it, too but I'm not 100% sure; even if he doesn't, he definitely knows the game pretty well).

Be that as it may, the two have engaged in a little discussion about the game starting from this post.

Edit: ...also, as soon as it hits another discount, I will be playing it, too ;)

Edited by IheardITthruTHEgrapeshot

i read that post, thanx.  koro bought the game, but he says it is too complicated for him.  i have to agree, it is VERY involved, but i like it.  i had loads of trouble with command structure at 1st, but getting the hang of it.  if you do get it, read the tutorial 1 AND 2!!  then do the shiloh campaign if you play csa.  regional decisions make a huge difference and are not introduced till 2nd tutorial.  i kept getting minor defeats until i started using RD's.  1st game using them, i got a 67 - 7 csa victory on the 1st game!  lmfao!

Yeah I haven't started it for real yet, just went through tutorial steps. I really like AGEOD's implementation of combat aspects.

Played their Alea Jacta Est series and I think their game simulates historical periods that it cowers superbly.

Will definitely get back to CW2!

i read that post, thanx.  koro bought the game, but he says it is too complicated for him.  i have to agree, it is VERY involved, but i like it.  i had loads of trouble with command structure at 1st, but getting the hang of it.  if you do get it, read the tutorial 1 AND 2!!  then do the shiloh campaign if you play csa.  regional decisions make a huge difference and are not introduced till 2nd tutorial.  i kept getting minor defeats until i started using RD's.  1st game using them, i got a 67 - 7 csa victory on the 1st game!  lmfao!

Well, he plays Crusader Kings II so CW2 shouldn't be that much harder to get into, in fact... but that's something you should be better at convincing him of, given that you've already seen how the game actually plays.

I'm eager to try it myself, by the way, and I'll remember your pieces of advice! Now, if only Ageod had another sale...

just started the full campaign game.  have done all the tutorials.  playing as CSA, you REALLY need to use all available resources.  gonna try sending foreign powers (uk and france) exports to try and bring them on my side.  also, gonna re-inforce mississippi river as much as i can, stop my fledgling country from being cut in two.  :-)

I guess so, especially if you chose the historical setup (i.e. no expanded OOB, etc.). But I think this way is cooler since one can try to change history starting from (more or less) the same setup. By the way, I especially like the National Morale concept, a way to win even without actually conquering large swaths of territory from the enemy but e.g. by just inflicting heavy casualties on him.

Oh, and the Foreign Entry is another nice touch, too (very difficult to achieve but still possible, just like in OTL).

In the past Nick has frowned on talking about other games on this forum.  

So I will respectfully decline comment in deference to Nick's previous posts.

PS - Avant garde marketing practice is to be a hub of information - to keep the eyeballs and hearts of your community focused on your forum.  

While I don't believe Nick's request to keep this forum exclusively focused on his game alone is the best for the UGG marketing effort, until I hear different from Nick, I will respect his request.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  game crashed!!  and my only save was on the 1st turn!!!  lol  noob mistake.  and i had just started printing currency.

koro has agreed to a match sometime today.  perhaps i will be able to exact revenge upon him for my loss at UGG!!!  :ph34r:

::evil laugh::

me sense some brown nosing in the force!!   lol

For the record I've only my said it's top complicated for me to dedicate the time to at the moment :)

Ha ha, yes, it seemed indeed strange that you were daunted by a game like CW2... I concur the time factor plays an important role, though, but the game seems to be totally worth it (especially if one is fond of the ACW).

That being said, I'll back off from this thread as well now heeding David's advice (and Nick's will).

no koro.  guess he chickened out!!  lol.  oh well.  campaign was restarted.  now saving each turn.  let me know when ya get it michael and i will help ya out if ya need it.  i am still learning, like NONE of the tutorials cover sea units.  they cover river units though, strange, since blockades play a big part of the game.