Game-Labs Forum

Crafting notes and all other level items with level requirements should give XP

Crafting Notes simulated your time searching for the plans and/or ship building master with plans.

They are not manufactured, they already exist, the time is spent "rummaging through documentation" or "recruiting qualified personel".

At least that's my take on it.

• Like 1

Crafting Notes simulated your time searching for the plans and/or ship building master with plans.

They are not manufactured, they already exist, the time is spent "rummaging through documentation" or "recruiting qualified personel".

This also increases their value - as well as thing created with them. It's all good. CNs are valuable as they should be - exactly because they are so tough to produce.

• Like 1

Why do you have to be x level to do so then?

Why? Production eats up LH, would you say producing materials should make you better at crafting ships?

Not quite sure what you're going with this. The crafting system isn't skill based at all, it's based upon how efficiently you can produce mats (through trading, trader hunting, etc.) it is a very grindey system and is not very rewarding.

To elaborate on all this I think all parts should give some XP / hour, from planks to large carriages, etc. I fully agree ships themselves should be the main way to level and I would suggest something like everything you craft gives you XP/hour but ships could give like double XP. A rebalancing would prob need to be done so leveling isn't faster overall, but at least guys dedicating their time to notes or parts for fellow clan mates still progress, albeit slower than the ship builder himself.

It's pretty obvious ship building is now a clan effort and almost unmanageble as a single player, so compensating those who contribute to building a ship only makes sense.

My clan has 3-4 high level crafters and they are now refusing to make notes and demand notes to craft anything.. Catch 22? Nobody but them can make them... And the effort for a non-crafter to get to level 35 just to supply notes is ridiculous.

Ships are going to end up costing 3-5x more now because of this... And the grind to get to max level crafting has been doubled at the very least.

Bad patch for crafters and users of crafted ships... Very bad!

• Like 1

My clan has 3-4 high level crafters and they are now refusing to make notes and demand notes to craft anything.. Catch 22? Nobody but them can make them... And the effort for a non-crafter to get to level 35 just to supply notes is ridiculous.

Ships are going to end up costing 3-5x more now because of this... And the grind to get to max level crafting has been doubled at the very least.

Bad patch for crafters and users of crafted ships... Very bad!

GOOD.

Finally it seems like high-rank exceptional ships will become something actually precious. Sounds to me like the system works well.

Exceptional Santisima being ~60k more expensive than gray one was kinda exceptionally stupid...

GOOD.

Finally it seems like high-rank exceptional ships will become something actually precious. Sounds to me like the system works well.

Exceptional Santisima being ~60k more expensive than gray one was kinda exceptionally stupid...

I agree the cost offset was too small, but I think they really went overboard. Went from 100% of the pop making notes to 2% able to and not wanting to....

There is no "not wanting to". If they have people willing to buy gray ships, they will sell gray ships. If you want to make them want to craft better ones, show 'em some money.

The prices being charged for Exceptional ships were already ridiculous... This is going to more than double them. I'm on PVP2, perhaps on PVP1 ships are much cheaper, I don't know... but getting the money to buy an Exceptional 3rd rate or Pavel on PVP2 was an undertaking before the patch and now it's not even worth it... High end notes were already going for 100k+ last night...

i'm a crafter assistant, and i leveled up by this way. now,you must be reach level 35 to do gold crafting notes, and this level is far of mine , even if i crafted for my crafter every day and spent all my hours each day, since the first day of the release. We were doing good ships for independants and alone players, and now it's clearly over for a simple reason : doing no upgraded ships give more xp than to do exceptionnals ships(ship crafting + golds note hours craft)

My opinion is level 25 was perfect to have ability to do all crafting notes. it's half of max level, and majority of players are not  (level 25), you can't doing third rates and you are just a complement of a good crafter like assistant and master.

If you could modify that. Independants or alone plyers have the right to obtain good ships too, even if you want to limiting amount of big ships on seas.

Marquis De CRocDurdan

The prices being charged for Exceptional ships were already ridiculous... This is going to more than double them. I'm on PVP2, perhaps on PVP1 ships are much cheaper, I don't know... but getting the money to buy an Exceptional 3rd rate or Pavel on PVP2 was an undertaking before the patch and now it's not even worth it... High end notes were already going for 100k+ last night...

You can buy gold mines now, so the supply of gold will increase, lowering its price, and therefore wouldn't it keep the price of high-quality notes in check?

I think it works like any technology these days.

Remember when 50 inch high def. TV's were $5,000 when they first came out? Now you can get a 60 inch TV for half that price with better definition.

I think as more people start producing and leveling up crafting, the prices of those high quality notes will drop again. In fact ,they will probably end up being cheaper than before the patch at some point, but we will have to be patient.

Edited by ajffighter86

High Class CN's should be able to be used on ANY Ship!!!!

You think people would really end up using gold crafting notes on Surprises?

You sure this isn't just some hot headed response to the fact you're now sitting on a lot of high grade notes and want to craft some Frigates?

In two weeks, you'll scoff at your own suggestion, I believe.

i think this is just a question of balancing. Since for everything else you get xp per hour used, for crafting notes this is 1xp per 200 hours, which is just ridiculous for those trying to level up as well. Its just a huge drain on crafting hours, which is good, but there is no XP reward associated with the huge cost attributed to it.

Every hour spent on crafting should give 1 XP. 

That way people can level up making parts for ship building and start making the crafting notes. 

That would mean that by finding 60 copper ore, and 90 coal, I could make as much xp crafting a very simple item to make, as the guy who has to gather together an entire grocery list of items to craft a ship.

So then you have everyone crafting notes 24/7 in order to level up, and once they're leveled up they basically just destroy the notes to make room in their warehouse for their Santisima parts.

Crafting notes are money-makers. The value in them comes from the fact that few people want to 'waste' the hours making them.

If you're trying to level up crafting by creating notes, you're doing something wrong.

Edited by ajffighter86
  • Like 3

That would mean that by finding 60 copper ore, and 90 coal, I could make as much xp crafting a very simple item to make, as the guy who has to gather together an entire grocery list of items to craft a ship.

So then you have everyone crafting notes 24/7 in order to level up, and once they're leveled up they basically just destroy the notes to make room in their warehouse for their Santisima parts.

Crafting notes are money-makers. The value in them comes from the fact that few people want to 'waste' the hours making them.

If you're trying to level up crafting by creating notes, you're doing something wrong.

Not saying it should give as much as making a ship does but 1xp per note is bs. Making parts and botes should give at least some xp but not be a good way to level fast. Half xp / hour vs ship would be a good balance imho..