Game-Labs Forum

Abuse of flag mechanics 2 - decision needed

minimum rank for assault flag purchase makes this exploit much harder to use. realistically noone under the rank of master and commander is ever going to launch a serious port assault, perhaps even port captain. then most alt accounts simply wont be able to do this.

Simple solution.

We were launching shallow water port battles at rank 3 or so.

The tribunal has zero power, the devs won't take the time and effort into doing a thorough investigation. It's not just this obvious case, with an abundant amount of I'm formation provided. It's all other cases as well. This case has abundant information and is very clear cut. If nothing is done here then the less clear cases are gonna be viewed a joke. You either take this serious devs or dont. We take it serious, so if your not then stop wasting our time, becuase what the point of taking, names screen shots or gathering info and you do nothing. I'm not raging here, I'm stating cold facts and reasoning. We as players can deal with this either way. But sitting in middle ground saying you will but can't and humming and hawking but doing nothing is frustrating more than anything. Take a position please

Suggestion:  Give players a rating based on their PB participation.  Only players that have achieved X PB rating are able to purchase flags.

Edit: This rating would be independent of each character owned under the same Steam Account, much like gold and other loot.  For players who have reached this rating and still abuse the system form some sort of appropriate reaction.  Maybe the port window timer is made available at all times for the next day/server cycle.

Edited by F4ppinFr3nzy

• 2 weeks later...

It's not about witch hunting. It's punishment for those who were abusing an absolutely game breaking exploit. And it has been done by more than only one player (since you can't trade with yourself) so there are minimum two people doing this and several others had full knowledge of this since they all sailed away with their basic cutters after the flag was bought.

Exploiters are the last thing we want in this game. If you find exploits you must report them. You agree this when you buy the game. Those players didn't.

If you play football and you stop your opponent from scoring a goal by a brutal foul it's not someone on the bench who get's send off and you just receive a warning. It's you who will get send off. And probably get a 3-5 games ban.

Tanks for listening.

Edited by CptEdwardKenway

It's not about witch hunting. It's punishment for those who were abusing an absolutely game breaking exploit. And it has been done by more than only one player (since you can't trade with yourself) so there are minimum two people doing this and several others had full knowledge of this since they all sailed away with their basic cutters after the flag was bought.

Exploiters are the last thing we want in this game. If you find exploits you must report them. You agree this when you buy the game. Those players didn't.

If you play football and you stop your opponent from scoring a goal by a brutal foul it's not someone on the bench who get's send off and you just receive a warning. It's you who will get send off. And probably get a 3-5 games ban.

Tanks for listening.

with the difference that the arbiter not ask the audience what penalty he should do 

Regarding this post

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/11729-abuse-of-flag-mechanics-to-block-assault-on-port/

British player Neverdie gave the player heyhey money to buy the flag

HeyHey owner bought the flag and deleted the player.

We believe this is a community issue. Please propose the punishment for the players/steam accounts involved.

Extra points for clan leaders/national leaders proposals. 

Thank you moderators for bringing our attention to this topic during patch crunch :)

• Like 1

I am not sure if the dicision was already made, but i guess there are a lot of emotions in here (which i can understand).

Lets see facts:

It is not an exploit to buy a flag -> everyone can do it

It is not forbidden to create a second account

it is not forbidden to trade between nations (free towns make it possible and it should also be ok).

So even if he decide to buy the flag and not attack the town, this is not a exploit its just a decision (even if this prevents another one to buy it).

Was it nice to do it that way? Of course not, but was it using a exploit or something forbidden? I guess not. It was abusing the correct working game mechanic.

Everyone knows how it works and it is also no exploit (the developers created this and it works exactly like it should).

This is a alpha version of the game with some strange mechanics and it needs to be changed if it can be abused like this.

Ban all alt accounts and wipe the main account or accounts where the money originated from. Maybe grindng all the way back up will give this person or persons time to evaluate their own values. Also make their names public!!!

Edited by Wouter
  • Like 1