Game-Labs Forum

Rare Ship Collection (With Plans)

So I just got a warning for "accusing another member of stealing" based on this topic. To be clear, I was implying that reposting en masse a collection of images found online that appeared to be all the visual material from a single book (The Line of Battle: The Sailing Warship 1650-1840 by Robert Gardner) copied directly with captions might rise to the level of copyright infringement we should try to avoid, if for no other reason than respect for the author.

I certainly did not mean to suggest that anyone here was guilty of outright theft and apologize if that is what the member inferred.

• Like 1

So I just got a warning for "accusing another member of stealing" based on this topic. To be clear, I was implying that reposting en masse a collection of images found online that appeared to be all the visual material from a single book (Line of Battle: The Sailing Warship 1650-1840 by Robin Gardner) copied directly with captions might rise to the level of copyright infringement we should try to avoid, if for no other reason than respect for the author.

I certainly did not mean to suggest that anyone here was guilty of outright theft and apologize if that is what the member inferred.

If anything, and I did it before for IL-2 Sturmovik and War of Rights, contact the author and publisher and share the project where you will be using the information.

It is proper and rewards the project and the authors at the same time.

• 5 months later...