Game-Labs Forum

Abuse of flag mechanics to block assault on port

One of the solutions is clan with 20+ members can buy flag (Leaders or officers ) until they find better way to solve this.

Otherwise if player bought a game he can do with it what ever he wants. Including buying flag without asking anyones permission.

I can buy like 10 flags now just for a laugh without ever confirming it with any pirate. And you will ban me for this?( no need to answer ) :)

• Like 1

I don't understand why there is a flag in the first place, this system is highly exploitable, making an attack against other nation and giving enough time to the defenders in order to prepare the defence should be enough.

Let's hope admins will take actions assp to stop this from happening in the future.   :)

Unfortunately i highly doubt their will be a solution anytime soon to a exploit like this.  The devs have their hands full with so many other things.

A big ban hammer im sure is the only short term solution to this, to make sure any copy cats will have to add to the development funds for the game if they chose to use this exploit.

• Like 1

Does anyone here seriously not have enough gold to buy a flag?

This kind of stunt only requires one person with an alternate account, nothing more.

The player who bought the flag was a midshipmen with a one day old charakter. Show me one midshipmen (rang 0) player who plays this game with that amount of gold.

Edited by Henry d'Esterre Darby
Please show respect to your fellow Captains.

Hold your horses on throwing accusations around.  While it is clear that the offender was using an alt (midshipman, 1 day old, highly improbable gold supply), we cannot tell for certain which nation this player is from.  His actions certainly benefited Spain, but it could just as easily be a Pirate, Dane, US, or other nation player.  Every nation has spies in other nations' teamspeaks, so it wouldn't be hard for ANYONE to find out about the attack and buy a troll/blocking flag.

• Like 4

Just wondering why people are calling this an exploit?

If i found out a clan i don't like in my nation was forming up to take a port and had sailed an hour or so to get ready and i then bought there flag they needed to just stuff with them... is that an exploit?

Just trying to understand. Please note i am not on PVP1 and actually dont take part in PB's at all

Fair enough i guess you are right.  

In hearing of this exploit and how it was used against us, i have been filled with rage, and accused the nation who would gain from it the most.  As it is a natural assumption.

More than happy for it to be looked into and gold transfers looked at before pointing anymore fingers.

I accept your retraction.

• Like 1

Now whoever did this should be banned, weather they are Danes, Brits, Swedes, Dutch, US, French or Pirate. They should also have there main account Named and Shamed and possibly a loss of xp on that account if not a ban. The reason this is a exploit is because they created a brand new account not a nation switch but a brand new account just to purchase a flag to disrupt other peoples game play. 

A Solution they could implement for the future could be that you need to be at least Lt.Commander rank to purchase flags (Rank 4). While this solution won't necessarily stop this from happening, it will stop trolls just making a new account and doing it as a midshipmen.

Devs please do something about this player and this problem. The player should at least be punished and i would say that the port either be flipped to british(not really fair for spanish if it was found to be a different nation that was responsible) or set to Anytime for at least 1 day to a max of 3 days, as we missed out on a capture window due to some troll account purchasing the flag,

Edited by Jager
  • Like 1

Tracing the gold trail should be a trivial task for the devs, and I hope actions are taken to remedy the issue.

Furthermore, a post should be made to suggest a solution to prevent this exploit. Player's nature is to exploit the game's faults. As bad taste as some exploits are, It's good that they are found out in early access.

• Like 1

Uh... based on what?

Leave your slanderous bullshit out of the thread, unless you have something to back it up.

Maybe I'm 'convinced' that it was a British player trolling his own faction because he was snubbed by the PB organizers. That's 100% as valid as your baseless accusation.

uhm a) midshipman wouldnt be able to come into the pb, and B) we always let anyone who wants help in screening fleets

Common sense seems challenging for some people though.

What fun multiplayer games could be if it weren't for the other players.

This is one of the defining moments of the game. Will they take action or will this game be a haven for cheaters, exploiters and scammers just like pobs was where the devs were too busy applying to new jobs to deal with their own game?

I sure hope the player responsible gets banned on both accounts and everyone in his clan gets a final no exploit warning.

If this is not a bannable offense and the devs allow this I can foresee this happening a lot more.

Not much of a fix, it would be trivial to grind someone up by powering through their missions with a small fleet, unless we go all out and raise the rank to flag captain...