Game-Labs Forum

France Declares Unrestricted Naval Warfare On Britain (PVP2)

omgeulogy

It was never the plan to out number you.

A little over week ago the Swedes showed up saying they were getting Zerged by Brits.

Just after that representatives of a couple British clans showed up saying the we're trying to help the Danes rebuild but that WIS wouldn't allow the captured ports to be returned to the Danes. Now this all painted the WIS in a bad light.

Having been up there a few days on my own my personal observations are as follows:

Swedes are not really being Zerged. WIS and TCF combined are probably a nice match for the Swedes. We're not seeing any other Brits in the area.

I have only seen two Dane captains at all. So maybe they don't even have enough players to recapture the ports even if the Brits offered.

We did find one rather ornery American MOB clan fellow off Fredericksted threatening to bring a hundred US players into the area. Not sure why he was there or the validity of the threat.

Situation is not as we were led to believe so it requires some re-evaluation. But for the moment I don't think we're going anywhere.

Whomever stated that we would not return Danish ports is misleading you Sir, we did not take part in any of Danish ports  conquests and have recently returned Fredrikstad from Pyrat to Dane. We as a Squadron have almost exclusively spent our time in the lower antilles in this game and are only attempting to return there. The Swedes have had an almost matching Fleet with us in every engagement we have had, except for riling them up at their capital of course and they have almost all been of a high quality from both sides.

Hey would you rather have the US just keep the East coast and stick to it?    Most of the US players moved south Because that's the only direction we could go which then forced us into the Spanish waters. They all but moved south anyways.  We then went after the pirates that were trying make a nest in the north western Florida area.  now those are gone. We hopped over to the Yucatan to halt any Brit Advance in that region.  and the french ports in the northern golf were pretty much capped by a bunch of pubs. we are now losing more port to the Brits and have taken much recently compared to them anyways.  But hey call us what yo want..The french are like a kid demanding no one use a toy that he wasn't using in the first place...

You caught the part where he said he was DUTCH right?

There are not many French upset about Louisianna or we would already be up there.

Then

You caught the part where he said he was DUTCH right?
There are not many French upset about Louisianna or we would already be up there.

then what gives... most the ports up there were undefended too...just because the brits took undefended spanish ports make them less of a monster then we are?

Edited by Capt. Rice

Britain kind of caused its own predicament. They gobbled up all the ports in the middle of the map, basically guaranteeing that any other two powers who want to fight probably have to go through Britain to do it. (Can't really blame "the British" for this since it only takes about 6 people to cap a port, but that's the map situation we are in now.)

To really open up a front on the U.S., France would probably need some northern Haiti ports.....which are in British hands. Or maybe we could do it from the Dominican Republic area....which is in British hands. We could get there with a stepping stone from Puerto Rico.....which is British. Arguably we could go from the gulf coast but frankly that's too far away and too boring for most of us.

Sweden, the Dutch and the Danes all have the same problem: regardless of how much they may want to attack the U.S., the British are pretty well in the way.

Things might get real interesting if the British focused primarily on Cuba and maybe the southern part of Hispaniola (Haiti/Dominican area) and simply agreed to abandon northern Hispaniola and Puerto Rico.

This could result in a 3-way (or more) war in those areas. The balance of power would ebb and wane between who controls these central areas......and right now it's controlled by the British.

Basically I think the map of the Caribbean has a certain "king of the hill" component to it, and the British have put themselves firmly onto the hill.

Regardless of who is the greatest power in the land for real, the British are on the hill.

Edited by Slamz
  • Like 2

Wrongo Bongo on #4 since [Purge] was 100% pvp.  Now granted pvping agianst CF,FC,SIN,BSO was like beating a blind paraplegic retard with a crap covered burning rake, but still...we were fighting all the time.

I think he was saying they rolled French to make the pirates PvP, not rolled French to make the French PvP.

Whomever stated that we would not return Danish ports is misleading you Sir, we did not take part in any of Danish ports  conquests and have recently returned Fredrikstad from Pyrat to Dane. We as a Squadron have almost exclusively spent our time in the lower antilles in this game and are only attempting to return there. The Swedes have had an almost matching Fleet with us in every engagement we have had, except for riling them up at their capital of course and they have almost all been of a high quality from both sides.

Nevous,

Or is it Nervous?  It would seem as if you had perhaps had a typographical error in your name?  Which way is it on your birth certificate?  I am curious.  At any rate - I digress.  Your name is unimportant, as it stands.  The point of this missive is to inform you that the lands east of Haiti are no home to you.  Further, we have informed your squadron of this on multiple occasions these past few days.  It would seem that you need to work on your reading comprehension, collectively.  I would suggest that you meet up with the rest of your British companions, and move somewhere else.  Or don't- because targets in an unrestricted naval war are good.

Regards,

Blackknight

Wrongo Bongo on #4 since [Purge] was 100% pvp.  Now granted pvping agianst CF,FC,SIN,BSO was like beating a blind paraplegic retard with a crap covered burning rake, but still...we were fighting all the time.

I think he was saying they rolled French to make the pirates PvP, not rolled French to make the French PvP.

Arsilon has the right of this; Vandarix was talking about making the Pirates engage in PvP.

Edited by Blackknight64

Please for the love of God do not include CF in that list. The pirate nation didn't lack in the terribad clan department, but CF was and still is a good team of hand picked players. All the CF vs French battles I've been part of were the kind of battles frenchmen put in the forget locker.

Then

then what gives... most the ports up there were undefended too...just because the brits took undefended spanish ports make them less of a monster then we are?

I think you mean to be answering OJ DieAntwoord. He was the one calling you a green monster and he is Dutch.

The French aren't calling you a monster. LOL

• Like 1

Please for the love of God do not include CF in that list. The pirate nation didn't lack in the terribad clan department, but CF was and still is a good team of hand picked players. All the CF vs French battles I've been part of were the kind of battles frenchmen put in the forget locker.

Can't speak to open sea since we didn't see CF that often outside of port battles but I would suspect you are probably more correct than not in that regard since you guys tended to stay up near CdR.  BUT there were plenty of CF in the failed Kingstown and Pedernales attacks so I wouldn't say you were 100% excluded from the fail.

I think you mean to be answering OJ DieAntwoord. He was the one calling you a green monster and he is Dutch.

The French aren't calling you a monster. LOL

You monster lol jk man it all goood.CY4Qu2S.jpg

Edited by Capt. Rice

Can't speak to open sea since we didn't see CF that often outside of port battles but I would suspect you are probably more correct than not in that regard since you guys tended to stay up near CdR.  BUT there were plenty of CF in the failed Kingstown and Pedernales attacks so I wouldn't say you were 100% excluded from the fail.

The Kingston attack was just a diversion.. I wasn't there for that one. From what I remember though, we did cap it with a rag tag random group? Could be wrong.. I never cared for anything south of CDR really, nor did most of CF.

As for Perdenales, CF was officially part of the first attack, the one where our flag carrier got an internet disconnect mid fight and never could come back that night. Had we made it there with the flag, Perdenales would have fallen that night.. we had like 50 dudes to your 12 or so.

The french are protecting our home land from a protentional threat.

do we want to be attacking brits? No

Can we leave the brits in striking distance of our lands why we take on the US? HELL NO

Do we like striking the Brits why they are at war with the US?? No but we are forced to because the brits are moving east instead of fighting the US

if you dont want to be fighting the entire server then stop attacking the entire server its that simple. 

and before you say that u never attacked the french your actions in killing helpless newbs outside FR cuppled with your Aggressive movements East are both classifed as attacks on our nation.

the fact you are also invaiding our ally the Sweeds is more then enough justifcation for these actions.

please do not cry saying we are just jumping on a band wagon. there would be no wagon if not for the brits agreesive movements on every front but the US one...

you made your bed we are just trying to help you with sleeping in it.

• Like 1

You're saying "you're" like you mean all of Britain here. A few players attacking newbs does not represent all of Britain. Yes, some British clans will want to attack you, but there are also many others who would like to work with you for help against the US. Some British clans want to expand eastward, some want to expand westward to fight the US, and some want to train up. Having a couple British guys attacking you does not mean that all of Britain wants to attack you, it does not mean all of Britain is fighting you, and it does not mean that large portions of the British Navy don't want to work with you. Different clans cannot control each other, so don't be declaring your position on an entire nation based on the actions of 1 clan, especially if that clan is smaller.

You're saying "you're" like you mean all of Britain here. A few players attacking newbs does not represent all of Britain. Yes, some British clans will want to attack you, but there are also many others who would like to work with you for help against the US. Some British clans want to expand eastward, some want to expand westward to fight the US, and some want to train up. Having a couple British guys attacking you does not mean that all of Britain wants to attack you, it does not mean all of Britain is fighting you, and it does not mean that large portions of the British Navy don't want to work with you. Different clans cannot control each other, so don't be declaring your position on an entire nation based on the actions of 1 clan, especially if that clan is smaller.

Tl;dr: France is still at War with Britain

Until Britain can get her own house in order and get her rogue clans to pull back and head west, we'll just have to take care of it for you.

The Brits Brought it today in a expected battle, they had their bigger stuff docked up and came out with a surprise to us all

eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwOi8vaS5pbWd1ci5jb20vMmla

Maybe later we get something of a nicer fight where we all sink our ships for glory and other stuff

Ah well what u expect

NoREHqI.png

No people where severely injured in this battle, Only Two Nut Bob lost a Nut

Edited by SoulPYTHON

lol they only fight when they outnumber people

When the faintest aroma of a even fight blows across the wind, the brits jump in their cutters. The point of the cutter strategy is not to die en masse to frigates.  The point is to try to hit targets that are alone and weak.  That is guerilla tactics 101.

Mr SoupySnake

dont forget to post all the battle results from last night

the failed Macao flag transfer

the failed screening of the attack on Fajardo

and the failed port battle in Fajardo

You guys did good last night. We told you such at the battles.

We had to test the flag transfers. Rumors said that it could be done. It is not true. A flag can not be traded directly or result from a ship capture. Their is a place for an ally to transfer flags in the game. If they ever come out with a solid alliance system I would like to see a version of it come back. If you have an ally fighting a war across the map you can't actually go to them to help with port battles without a flag. As PVP2 goes the British have taken the whole center of the map. To fight anything on the other side of them you have to go through them.

FYI- that wasn't a screening attack. That was most if our port battle fleet running into most of yours. When we realized you had x10 third rates in the area to the several we had we decided to attempt to keep as many of your third rates in the sea engagement as we could manage. Your heavy rates escaped and since the battles were so close they couldnt get retagged by the Swedes before the timers ran out to get them into the PB. You enjoy a huge advantage in BR and by default ship technology whenever we can't get the Swedes into the same fight. Not to belittle the action last night, you gents did a great job.

Edited by Bach
  • Like 1