Game-Labs Forum

Reinforce mechanic abuse?

I am sure this is not allowed and maybe covered beforehand,  I fould players attcking one another and spawning in reinforcments to capture the third rate bellona 74 copies of the "attackers" this was a clan fighting another clan member and was an obvious case of missuse and not just a joke attack.

It is in line with damage farming almost, mean they dont have to leave to find NPCs or travel to a mission thus saving a lot of time but is clear abuse of mechanics.

Picture shows both members of "BW" The thrid rate tagged the trinc and then they where trying to push the AI third rate into the wind when I joined, they told me to leave after refusing they left.

post-16136-0-64323000-1457382491_thumb.jpg

Edited by Salzi
  • Like 1

The reinforcement really needs worked on but the devs said that they hopefully will get ride of this system once the battle map update comes out..  

it is being used not as a cold war style of fighting  say two big fleets  are going to attack each other. One fleet just has to be in their reinforcement zone to make it harder for the other fleet to attack. all you need is a small fleet to get to bait them.. call in reinforcements  then the rest of the fleet can jump in to cause havoc.

• Like 1

I feel its very wrong to do this but we haven't heard any official point of views yeat, i reported it a few days ago aswell.

The open world have really died down in amount of ships moving about, which is the oposit of what the few last patches have been all about, they are all in a isolated area instead.

Im pretty sure every nation has a group doing this atm, steam familyshare makes it easy.

Edited by hitem

this is the only way to have good 24vs25 fleet action against npcs at this time if it gets forbidden would be nice if big fleets are added to the game

im sure the 1-3, 3rd rates were fun when all players were still in cutters... we need the pve fun for the times that the nation is not at war... its the only content besides trading qq

we need official comment from devs to this.

currently only way to get big fleet battle against npc:s is to have someone spawn reinforcements (24 wild 3rd rates appear) its actually fun and some people might even die :o

sure its abuse but the abuse is not the issue its a symptom we NEED some actual pve content for big fleets to fight against. 1-3 3rd rates against 15-20 players is a joke and not fun for anyone.

Pirates have been doing this for quite a while to farm 3rds and XP. 

Being able to attack each other is actually for the astute a major advantage. 

A lot of us use missions to capture them, its rare to see pirate vs pirate in PvP1 honestly and usualy people go in to stop it or see whats happening.

• Like 1

Is this also an exploit when proper nations do this?

Two players of the same nation can't do this without going pirate from the original attack.

Between two players of different nations it would be possible.

A lot of us use missions to capture them, its rare to see pirate vs pirate in PvP1 honestly and usualy people go in to stop it or see whats happening.

They don't do this right out in front of ports. Usually hidden in among small islands far from travel routes so other players won't bother them.

Just remove the reinforcements. And while you are doing this remove the AI completly and remove all the nation capitals and remove all the free ports and ..... well make it easier, just remove all the players. What is this all about?

:badmood:

Edited by Brogsitter

Please, have a Dev talk about this if possible... Cause missions are indeed just absolutely horrendous to be quite honest. And sometimes something on a much larger scale can be alot funner. I can see how you would deem it as an 'Exploit' yes since the Pirates can just attack eachother and call their own re-inforcements in lol.

we need official comment from devs to this.

currently only way to get big fleet battle against npc:s is to have someone spawn reinforcements (24 wild 3rd rates appear) its actually fun and some people might even die :o

sure its abuse but the abuse is not the issue its a symptom we NEED some actual pve content for big fleets to fight against. 1-3 3rd rates against 15-20 players is a joke and not fun for anyone.

Well, Marra and Eklipz, you admit you are aware of the abuse in this and yeat still you use it because you deem something "not funny" atm or "lack of content"? (EA anyone?).

I do not follow this logic as any abuse/exploit should be reported and left untouched until the devteam can review it. But opingly advertising people to join in on something you are aware is an exploit, thats just plain wrong.

And if we believe the above posts it has previously been stated that its clearly an exploit using alts for this, by the devs.

Well, Marra and Eklipz, you admit you are aware of the abuse in this and yeat still you use it because you deem something "not funny" atm or "lack of content"? (EA anyone?).

I do not follow this logic as any abuse/exploit should be reported and left untouched until the devteam can review it. But opingly advertising people to join in on something you are aware is an exploit, thats just plain wrong.

And if we believe the above posts it has previously been stated that its clearly an exploit using alts for this, by the devs.

The way I see it, its clever use of game mechanic. And I havent seen any official post its forbidden or seen as an exploit. Have you? Give me a link please.

Edited by eklipz

The way I see it, its clever use of game mechanic. And I havent seen any official post its forbidden or seen as an exploit. Have you? Give me a link please.

As mention in my post just above yours, "if we shall believe the above post".

But after reading many post about alternative accounts, the alt abuse for anything else then crafting-hours etc seems forbidden, i found one that is actually touching this and for me is a clear statement:

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/11287-simple-question-for-the-devs/?p=199949

"Powerleveling with a 2nd account or even with friends is not allowed.

-Olav got it right the first time"

That means using your second french account eklipz (yes, yours) to spawn in Ai fleets and/or using a french friend for it, is considered an exploit and is forbidden.

But thats why this discussion is active and have so much attention, people want a clear answer regarding this specific use of a secondary account to spawn in massive AI fleets. Atm there is just pointers here and there (like in the quote above). But the buggering part is that its being repetitively abused and not reported by a specific group of people, in an isolated area. You know you can do this the legit way by simply roaming with a fleet in enemy waters?

Edit: Spelling

Edited by hitem

Your link was about dmg farming. The reinforcements arent that. Its just a way to enjoy a challenging PvE enviroment for large fleets. Its fun, you should try it.

But as soon as a dev says its an exploit and/or provide an option for large scale PvE Im done with it.

Your link was about dmg farming. The reinforcements arent that. Its just a way to enjoy a challenging PvE enviroment for large fleets. Its fun, you should try it.

But as soon as a dev says its an exploit and/or provide an option for large scale PvE Im done with it.

No kind sir, that is not correct. Think larger, grasp the concept and make a search through the forum and you will quickly find that devs are VERY restrictive to when it comes to alt usage, writing specific rules for specific scenarios wont happen in a testing environment but they have given plenty of pointers (such as the post above aswell as many others, just search for second accounts and u'll see). And this is clearly abuse and you are aware of it (as you mention it by exactly those words in guildchat, abuse).

edit: As mention in the post above, i gladly do large scale battles, the legit way. (like actually visiting another nation instead of fighting in an isolated spot against controlled set of enemies that have been spawned in by an alt).

We wont get anywhere in this discussion as im clearly of the type that are against exploits/abuse and think it should be handled with proper manners (submit reports rather then continue doing it and waiting for others to react, be proactive about it).

Edited by hitem

This should be an easy judgment. If it is allowed then I am loosing precious time leveling against others using this loophole. If no judgment is made then why should I not start using it now and catch up?

It sure doesn't sound like its an exploit if its taking nearly 2 weeks to decide one way or another.