Game-Labs Forum

Pvp 1: Denmark-Norway. Green attacking green.

Last evening at the eighteenth bell, Kommandørkaptajn Alf Pedersen engaged with the a pirate frigate captained by the foul pirate Mary west from Vieques, just moments later two danish third rates from the clan of LG engaged in the battle,-  the captains Gorynych and Mari soon showed their colours, firing upon Kommandørkaptajn Pedersen, rather than the pirate- The battled dragged on for some time, but it soon became clear that the two "danish" captains from LG were traitors to the crown, indeed siding with a pirate, rather than a countryman. 

http://steamcommunit...s/?id=639514746
http://steamcommunit...s/?id=639514668
http://steamcommunit...s/?id=639512324
http://steamcommunit...s/?id=639512519

They told you the situation. They were sailing with a (probably RL) friend from another nation. From how it appears, the pyrate didn't attack, disrupt or bother you or any other dane. Why not leave it alone when you were explained the situation? They shouldn't have fired their guns at you, but you should have been more respectful as well. 

The Pirate is still fair game.  If RL friends want to sail together, then they should sail under a single flag.  Sailing under multiple flags causes problems that these three friends should have understood and appreciated.  Failure to do so has put them under scrutiny.

• Like 1

They told you the situation. They were sailing with a (probably RL) friend from another nation. From how it appears, the pyrate didn't attack, disrupt or bother you or any other dane. Why not leave it alone when you were explained the situation? They shouldn't have fired their guns at you, but you should have been more respectful as well. 

From a game ooint of view you cannot have friends in another nation on the OW. The Pirate was a legitimate target and the Danes broke the rules by Green on Green damage. I hope they get banned.

• Like 2

the pirate is attackable under the game rules. alf attacked the pirate and has every reason to prosecute the attack fully without being shot at by a danish player who happens to be friends with said pirate.

having said all of that

was this pirate accidentally a pirate due to the shockingly poor game mechanic of attacking same nation = piracy?

if so i feel for him and his unfortunate situation and im sure if alf haf fully grasped this fact he probably would have stopped engaging.

I basically agree with Chappy. If the pirate or his Dane friends fully explain the situation in chat then alf should have aborted the attack BUT he is not under any obligation too.

LG have no right to attack s friendly even if they explain the situation.

Banning people over trivial matters like this is rediculous! A simple warning to the captains who clearly attached green on green should suffice, multiple offenders should maybe have their account tolled back a week or 2 and banning slept to worst serial offenders.

iPhone auto correct yippee

• Like 1

the pirate is attackable under the game rules. alf attacked the pirate and has every reason to prosecute the attack fully without being shot at by a danish player who happens to be friends with said pirate.

having said all of that

was this pirate accidentally a pirate due to the shockingly poor game mechanic of attacking same nation = piracy?

if so i feel for him and his unfortunate situation and im sure if alf haf fully grasped this fact he probably would have stopped engaging.

Seen the three players together multiple times after the incident, usually south of vieques and then heading further south,- I'm starting to suspect them of farming eachothers or something of the sort, but I do -not- have any proof of such at all, it's simple -SPECULIATION- on my end.

Regardless of the reason behind it all, they still attack green, hindering, ramming, firing broadsides- whatever they can to keep others from taking on that pirate, it all seems highly suspicious if you ask me- And yes.. I tried again two-three days ago, reported it that time through F11 though.