Game-Labs Forum

Merging servers at next wipe

Server merge poll  

471 members have voted

1. 1. Should we merge servers at the next wipe?

• No
    • Yes

wiping the server wouldnt break my morale or dedication to the game.

wiping the server and removing my massive stockpiles of materials would be a great way to test new economic changes and production values more reliably.

It would be smart, if any major economic change occured, to start with a fresh slate.

If we keep our levels, we aren't "starting over", just simply having our massive fortunes taken away.

I would have no problem with a wipe of assets.  Gold, ships, blue prints, notes, outposts, ports, and buildings.

I agree , 1 PVP and 1PVE would be the best solution I think, Whenever I look 2 and 3 are low or empty.

Then the playerbase is solving the issue by themselves, no need for developers actions. Let those loners stay on EU2 and 3 and the rest come to EU1. After all everyone can decide for themselves what kind of experience they wanna have.

In the simplest terms, this is early access. there won't be much in terms of spotlight on an early access game. when the game goes live, steam store will show it on the main board of launch titles. you want to have multiple servers that can handle high volumes of players in the off chance you end up having a Halo 3 or BF4 or any triple A title launch issue where the servers are completely flooded to a point where they crash. trust me being over prepared to start off is never a bad thing. 

Merging servers is not the issue here, it's the fact that naval action has literally no spotlight and isn't on the radar for anyone. start promoting the alpha more and there will be a higher population. 

I literally learned about this game through a youtuber. if youtube is the only method in which your game is spotlighted, there are some serious problems. yes this is a alpha. but if you get the player base now, rather than later, you'll be ahead of the curve and have much more sales before the game even launches. (I.E more money for you to develop with and pay for new programmers).

Merging servers is not the issue here, it's the fact that naval action has literally no spotlight and isn't on the radar for anyone. start promoting the alpha more and there will be a higher population. 

I literally learned about this game through a youtuber. if youtube is the only method in which your game is spotlighted, there are some serious problems...

I learned about this game from Steam.  Most active Steam gamers check out their queue once in a while or regularly.  This one's been in the queue, so Steam is advertising it.  If you search new games, it is also shown there.

wiping the server wouldnt break my morale or dedication to the game.

wiping the server and removing my massive stockpiles of materials would be a great way to test new economic changes and production values more reliably.

It would be smart, if any major economic change occured, to start with a fresh slate.

If we keep our levels, we aren't "starting over", just simply having our massive fortunes taken away.

I would have no problem with a wipe of assets.  Gold, ships, blue prints, notes, outposts, ports, and buildings.

Unfortunately that is NOT my opinion, sir.

I just started this game over a month ago, and sadly, I do NOT have massive stockpiles. But what I do have I have worked diligently to get.

The game may be BORING to you at this point, if all you have to do is sit around, and ponder what to do with your MASSIVE abundance ... I am, however, gaming my A** off just to craft 1 freaking boat every 2-3 days! (<Frigate)

To me, if you are that bored.. just uninstall your account.. and start over! WHAT a concept! Why make everyone ELSE start "over"? 

Or, I would gladly welcome any contributions to my humble and nearly DEPLETED warehouse/gold account, so that I do not have to lash my workers so often! :D

Edited by yankyaeger

Come to PvP2.  I'm feeling philanthropic today.   ;)

I am there... United States, Commodore .. just started up on that server less than 2 weeks ago -- (switched over from PvE1, no gold, no ships...nothing, except my rank and XP level) --- what a freaking grind to just get up enough materials for a Frigate! Sheesh!

And forget buying one... Too many Crafters on the PVP are evidently not there to help their nations. Too expensive. 300K + for a frigate! Gimme a break!

just managed to get the Essex BP this morning, and a Ventre BP (from the umpteenth one I broke down, after capture) -- I am just now starting to gain ground it seems.

I am currently at work, however, ... But!, I am on every night (5pm Central Std Time (Greenwich +6, IIRC --> til around 1:30am : or to right before the daily server maintenance) .. will be on tonight as well. But I will try to take you up on your kind offer -- if you are nearby (mapwise)!

Edited by yankyaeger

Unfortunately that is NOT my opinion, sir.

I just started this game over a month ago, and sadly, I do NOT have massive stockpiles. But what I do have I have worked diligently to get.

The game may be BORING to you at this point, if all you have to do is sit around, and ponder what to do with your MASSIVE abundance ... I am, however, gaming my A** off just to craft 1 freaking boat every 2-3 days! (<Frigate)

To me, if you are that bored.. just uninstall your account.. and start over! WHAT a concept! Why make everyone ELSE start "over"? 

Or, I would gladly welcome any contributions to my humble and nearly DEPLETED warehouse/gold account, so that I do not have to lash my workers so often! :D

I think you may be a little too attached to the items you've "worked diligently for".

If you aren't expecting them to be wiped eventually, you are setting yourself up for probable disappointment.

Looking at it objectively, as the developers introduce massive economic or game mechanic changes, they are going to have incentives to wipe things so they can collect more reliable data.

This game is in ALPHA... and I can unnecessarily capitalize random words too.

I am there... United States, Commodore .. just started up on that server less than 2 weeks ago -- (switched over from PvE1, no gold, no ships...nothing, except my rank and XP level) --- what a freaking grind to just get up enough materials for a Frigate! Sheesh!

I am currently at work, however, ... But!, I am on every night (5pm Central Std Time (Greenwich +6, IIRC --> til around 1:30am : or to right before the daily server maintenance) .. will be on tonight as well. But I will try to take you up on your kind offer -- if you are nearby (mapwise)!

Sent you a PM so as to keep this topic on topic. :)

I think you may be a little too attached to the items you've "worked diligently for".

If you aren't expecting them to be wiped eventually, you are setting yourself up for probable disappointment.

Looking at it objectively, as the developers introduce massive economic or game mechanic changes, they are going to have incentives to wipe things so they can collect more reliable data.

This game is in ALPHA... and I can unnecessarily capitalize random words too.

ok, f.d.a., your opinion is just that ... yours.

It must be great to sit back and think everyone else is just as well off as you are, for having so much crap, in their inventory. What a problem you must have. Meanwhile the newbies, and new to this, gamers, must suffer so you wont be as bored. What a croc of useless bs. Please get out more. Maybe leave your mommas house for some sunshine. Wash your clothes. Do something else for awhile.. say like for 2-3 years! So the rest of us can either catch up, or just enjoy the game we just bought! (I digress.)

I realize this is still alpha. I realize it will be the Dev's choice to wipe all. But unless I am just as established as you might be, I will not be appreciative of that event, when it happens. I am not as attached to these things, as you might think. I just do not want my time to be spent in futility. Furthermore, if you are so disgusted with all that you have, in your warehouse, please by all means re-appropriate it to those of us just starting out - as a boost up. Instead of just sitting on it. Meanwhile, I will be going back to what I prefer - gaming.

addn: I used caps, on what you refer to as "random" words , to hopefully better illustrate the inflection in my tone. At least that was my intent. Just so people like you could possibly understand it better, and not take offense. But evidently that is too difficult for you to understand. So please, by all means, take as much offense to my comments, as you can handle - then multiply that by infinity! Somehow I drew a form of satisfaction out of that statement. woot woot!

• 1 month later...

when server 3 merged with server 1 they didn't loose anything so no big deal. The only thing I look forward to if and when the merge happens is for all ports to neutralize and for the Pirates to be put back into their  proper place.

• 4 weeks later...