Game-Labs Forum

PvP 2 The British Aggression against Sweden

Teutonic

Gentlemen, I beg of you not to scratch your heads raw, the answer lies beyond the surface. Look not at Great Britain with a unifying glance, but as a fractious collection of interests.  Gaze at the distinct collectives; examine their motives and for whom they break bread with, and for whom they treat with utter contempt.  The factions present in the Lesser Antilles are of different composure and intention, separate in being and manifestation, unaware of the others' thoughts.  There are but two commonalities amongst the multitude: a desire for combat and the rejoicement at the destruction of Gomorrah.

This dear gentlemen, is the mark of every Nation appointed to the West-Indies.   Be not misled by those who run their mouths so freely as Madeira flows in the Colonies.

The factions present in the Lesser Antilles are of different composure and intention, separate in being and manifestation, unaware of the others' thoughts. 

I believe this is English for the French are apes!

Edited by Vllad

lol....... that may be the case about them getting attacked..... however they declared on all of GB not just SoB the aggressors..... and when were finished showing the swede's who we are.. then well be going back to them

I see this got ugly. well how about this.

before the British (I guess we can call it just SoB, who cares) took frederickstad, they were sighted in danish waters. At this time the Swedes and Danes were friendly and we were notified of their arrival. the Swedish diplo at the time got on TS and talked with the Brits and Danes.

the Brits told us they are going to take our ports to fight the Pirates so that they can get rid of the menace. We told the brits to buzz off, you're not taking a port without a fight. I'm sorry if it looks to you as though we declared war. How would it look to you to have a big enemy come into your territory and tell you "hey don't mind us, just taking your stuff to go get 'this guy.'" The Danes largely became inactive or left to other nations (it is said most went British) and boom. open land that no one is using anymore.

Yeah, no. What may look like a declaration of war from the Swedes to you, was a direct response from the actions of your British countrymen to which the Swedes considered extremely hostile and therefore we must defend ourselves. Since then I have had my clan mates engage in battles where we were outnumbered and outgunned by the Brits.

• Like 1

I swear chancey was a pirate not long ago.

Anyway, after Invictus rolled British, the French assumed that they would be returning to the SE, only flying different colors—trading one steamroll nation for another, and not having learned anything from the example the French made of the pirates.

The tactics are already similar. A british fleet of trincomalees were trying to gang up on a Swedish player last night, but didn't see the combined fleet of Swedish and French ships sailing over the horizon towards them. When they have the numbers, they want to PVP. When they don't, they want to run. It reminds me of the days back in the Bahamas when USS players would leave their fellow captains to their fates if they couldn't get away in time.

One exceptional trinc was captured, IIRC, several escaped, and most memorable of all were the two remaining trincomalee captains who committed suicide by ramming each other to avoid capture.

Most hilarious was the accusation that we were ganging up on players, lol. As if that wasn't what these British players were doing to a Swede right before we interrupted them :lol: .

Edited by ajffighter86

Personally I'm flattered that you feel that the 8 of us required a fleet of over 25 people to repel. Maybe next time show up with a group that is less than 4x our BR and we can actually have a good fight.

Personally I'm flattered that you feel that the 8 of us required a fleet of over 25 people to repel. Maybe next time show up with a group that is less than 4x our BR and we can actually have a good fight.

LOL. ^^^ This is exactly what I'm talking about. ^^^

6 trincs versus 1 Swede was okay, but when the Swedes and French brought 25 ships against 6 British, there seems to suddenly be a problem. Turnabout is fair play and all that.

You guys aren't interested in "good fights". You just want to gank 24/7 in grouped fleets like you were about to do to that Swedish player. If you want a "good fight", there's about 500 Americans up north who are getting bored with capturing uncontested ports.

Edited by ajffighter86
  • Like 3

6 trincs versus 1 Swede was okay, but when the Swedes and French brought 25 ships against 6 British, there seems to suddenly be a problem. Turnabout is fair play and all that.

You guys aren't interested in "good fights". You just want to gank 24/7 in grouped fleets like you were about to do to that Swedish player. If you want a "good fight", there's about 500 Americans up north who are getting bored with capturing uncontested ports.

More like west...near the Yucatan area....please we are tired of sailing to your door step....you guys even have ports near us..comon it'll be fun ...i promise because else they don't call me admiral rice nothing.....wait never mind they call me capt rice now...

So then it is fair to assume that an upstanding gentlemen such as yourself has never engaged in a battle in which you had your opponent outmatched? I highly doubt this to be the case. You seem to have the false impression that I am somehow upset by the events that took place last night, which i can assure you is not the case. I am definitely surprised however that the Pirates... oh wait sorry the "French" felt the need to sail an entire fleet north to counter a fleet of 8 people.  For a group of people that claim to want PvP you seem to do everything you possibly can to deter it. If the Swedish cannot muster a fleet within sight of their national capital to defeat 8 frigates then I'm not sure what to tell you. 

So then it is fair to assume that an upstanding gentlemen such as yourself has never engaged in a battle in which you had your opponent outmatched? I highly doubt this to be the case. You seem to have the false impression that I am somehow upset by the events that took place last night, which i can assure you is not the case. I am definitely surprised however that the Pirates... oh wait sorry the "French" felt the need to sail an entire fleet north to counter a fleet of 8 people. For a group of people that claim to want PvP you seem to do everything you possibly can to deter it. If the Swedish cannot muster a fleet within sight of their national capital to defeat 8 frigates then I'm not sure what to tell you.

The fleet had formed well before the brits came in.

Lol...those silly brits....probably sounded like a good idea at the time

I will just leave this here.....gg Scandinavian

• Like 1

So then it is fair to assume that an upstanding gentlemen such as yourself has never engaged in a battle in which you had your opponent outmatched? I highly doubt this to be the case. You seem to have the false impression that I am somehow upset by the events that took place last night, which i can assure you is not the case. I am definitely surprised however that the Pirates... oh wait sorry the "French" felt the need to sail an entire fleet north to counter a fleet of 8 people.  For a group of people that claim to want PvP you seem to do everything you possibly can to deter it. If the Swedish cannot muster a fleet within sight of their national capital to defeat 8 frigates then I'm not sure what to tell you. 

I will admit that I have engaged in unfair fights before, usually in retaliation for unfair fights that went against me. (pretty much what you saw last night)

However, I have NEVER lost a durability on a ship without attempting to get at least some XP out of it, regardless of the odds against me. Watching those two British trincs intentionally ram each other for a suicide-sink was hilarious. They did more damage to each other than they did to the enemy.

Edited by ajffighter86

felt the need to sail an entire fleet north to counter a fleet of 8 people.

There is another question, here, I think, which is "Why would the British show up with only 8 ships."

There seems to be a thinking in the big nations that goes like this:

"We are a small guild. Let's ditch this zerg and go find a fight our size [but we will stay a part of the zerg nation]."

This causes a couple of problems...

1) The team that sees you coming sees your nation flag and says "oh crap it's the zerg" and they round up every ship they can muster. You only brought 8 but they saw your flag and had good reason to assume there were 50 more on the way.

2) If you are successful as a small guild attacking a small area, the zerg really will show up ("hey, that 8v8 over there looks fun, so let's all 150 of us join in!"), so the assumption made in #1 is not, ultimately, wrong.

Joining the British and showing up with 8 ships when the enemy expects 25+ and prepares for this is kind of your own fault.

(If we learned anything as France, it's that when a small force from a large nation shows up, you better kick them way out real fast or you will be fighting 150 of them next week, regardless of the intentions of the original attackers.)

Edited by Slamz
  • Like 2

I will admit that I have engaged in unfair fights before.

However, I have NEVER lost a durability on a ship without attempting to get at least some XP out of it, regardless of the odds against me. Watching those two British trincs intentionally ram each other for a suicide-sink was hilarious. They did more damage to each other than they did to the enemy.

Indeed it was hilarious, and turnabout is fair play. I just wish people wouldn't try to twist events so much on the forums. Yes the 8 of us attacked a lone swede with the intention of stirring up trouble. Seems we stirred up a bit more than we could handle though sadly. We did not set sail last night with the intention on ganking solo players. We wanted more good fights with Bork like the few we have had over the last few days. Hopefully tonight will be different, sadly i have to go take a final now but after that hopefully there will be good fights to be found. 

"Our entire fleet".   Many of us were in the south last night.  You had 1 french clan and the swedes.   Many of us were around Guayaguayare in the port battle.  

• Like 1

Indeed it was hilarious, and turnabout is fair play. I just wish people wouldn't try to twist events so much on the forums. Yes the 8 of us attacked a lone swede with the intention of stirring up trouble. Seems we stirred up a bit more than we could handle though sadly. We did not set sail last night with the intention on ganking solo players. We wanted more good fights with Bork like the few we have had over the last few days. Hopefully tonight will be different, sadly i have to go take a final now but after that hopefully there will be good fights to be found. 

See you on the seas then.

For what it's worth, turning and fighting into a larger amount of enemy players can actually be fun if you try it. I recall one fight in the Bahamas where I turned into a USS fleet and attempted a boarding.

I was hopelessly separated from the rest of my team, and fortunately for me, I burst into flames almost immediately after I grappled the enemy's clan officer. Yes, I said "fortunately", because I let that fire burn and when my Niagara blew up, it took out 2 more US ships that had gathered around to rake me during the boarding.

3-for-1, plus I couldn't stop laughing as El Capitano couldn't disengage in time. He was chopping away at the grappling hooks, and I dared not order my crew to put out that fire.

Sooooo satisfying, let me tell you.

Edited by ajffighter86

"Our entire fleet".   Many of us were in the south last night.  You had 1 french clan and the swedes.   Many of us were around Guayaguayare in the port battle.  

Ya, and some of the OMG guys were down south at that PB too I think.  Anyway, It doesn't matter, if they want a fight we can fight, is all good with us.  Bork's seam to be good with it as well, despite the lack of numbers they are not afraid to get in the mix.  Truth be told I am not sure why they needed us, WIS has never been that impressive to me but I guess weight of numbers and what not.  Personally, I would rather go mess with the Americans, on the whole they give the best fights in my experience, but helping out the swedes is a much shorter sail after all now that the Gulf has been polluted.  That and we are still infested with pirates, damn things...  ;)

"Our entire fleet". Many of us were in the south last night. You had 1 french clan and the swedes. Many of us were around Guayaguayare in the port battle.

I love how you put quotation marks around a statement I never made. Maybe you should read more carefully. I said "an entire fleet" pretty sure Third rates, Consitutions, Trincomalee's and the 15 other assorted ships that showed up counts as a fleet.

lol....... that may be the case about them getting attacked..... however they declared on all of GB not just SoB the aggressors..... and when were finished showing the swede's who we are.. then well be going back to them

you even don't know what is going on here

Edited by Lullaby of Freyja
  • Like 1

I love how you put quotation marks around a statement I never made. Maybe you should read more carefully. I said "an entire fleet" pretty sure Third rates, Consitutions, Trincomalee's and the 15 other assorted ships that showed up counts as a fleet.

Oh you are just nitpicking. *facepalm*

Edited by Michel de Toulouse
  • Like 1

OK..... Lets put an end to this discussion......... we had no prior incentive to attack sweden..... Sweden Declared War On Great Britain.... you can see that in the political info...... were building a border against the swedes....

as was said before.... US is quite clearly the more powerhouse to deal with... but we cant have swedish ships attacking ships in Port Royal....... 

So, when 2 people come to PvP with the "GREAT" British navy, that means you zerg blob them and start taking their ports?  No, its is very clear that we are small enough for you to shit on, and that is what you are doing.  I think the intentions of the British are cowardly, and I believe  the server can see it as well.

• Like 1

I don't care what anyone says, if you are coming over to beat on the 8 Swedes on the server their is only one reason to do so. You would rather kick on the little guy instead of go kick someone else that can kick back. That says everything you need to know.

• Like 1

THIS JUST IN! A first hand account of the battles that took place Thursday night as some swedes and French attacked British players around the Danish capital

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V73DUk73nZ8

Yeah, mot sure which of you Swedes that was, 'cause that's what all of our bartlecomms sounded like... but good times were had by all.

• Like 1