Game-Labs Forum

Enemy AI Ships in Missions

Vaz

Will update when i get the possibility to check the direct rank for the missions you are mentioning. I can't remember on the top of my head, how much xp you get from the different ranks. Will be updated Sunday evening GMT.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Based on what I've seen:

50 xp: 20-40 BR - single cutter, lynx, privateer, pickle. Only encountering low-ranked enemy captains.

67 xp: 20-40 BR - single cutter, lynx, privateer, pickle. Enemy captains have higher ranks, consistently seemed to put up a harder fight.

84 xp: 50-80 BR - single brig, snow, rattlesnake, navy brig, mercury. double cutter, double pickle. Double ship spawns seem to pair higher and lower ranked captains.

101 xp: 70-90 BR - single navy brig, single mercury, double pickle, paired brig or snow with pickle. Haven't re-tested this rank thoroughly for rattlesnakes, but would expect them.

118 xp: 100-140 BR - single Niagara, Cerberus, Renomee. double snow, double brig, paired snow and brig. Paired navy brig or mercury with pickle. Double navy brig, double mercury, paired navy brig with mercury. As above, haven't re-tested for rattlesnakes. I believe I've fought single Surprises at this rank, but I'm not sure.

135 xp: 110-170 BR - single Renomee, Surprise, Frigate. Double navy brig, double mercury, paired navy brig with mercury. Niagara or Cerberus paired with Navy brig or Mercury.

152 xp: 170-250 BR - single Frigate, Belle Poule, Essex, or Trincomalee. Double Niagara, double Cerberus, double Renomee, or paired combinations. Surprise paired with Niagara, Cerberus, or Renomee.

The crazy Flag Captain jump:

169 xp: 500-600 BR: single 3rd-rate, single Bellona, single St. Pavel. Double Constitution, double Ingermanland, paired Constitution and Ingermanland.

186 xp: 550-600 BR: Appears as above, with the exception of the single 3rd-rate spawn, which I have not seen occur.

The crazy Rear-Admiral jump:

200 xp: 900-1100 BR: Cannot be definitive, as usually we do 169-186 fleet search and destroy in preference to solo 200s. Single Santisima Trinidad, single Victory, two Bellonas.

Personally I'd prefer some differentiation between 169s and 186s, along the lines of:

169xp: 470-550 - single 3rd-rate, single Bellona, Constitution or Ingermanland paired with Trincomalee, Essex, Belle Poule, or Frigate.

186xp: 600-850 - single St. Pavel, double Constitution or Ingermanland, 3rd-rate or Bellona paired with Constitution or Ingermanland.

But currently the scaling at that level suffers from the lack of an intermediate third-rate and a genuine second-rate ship.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

A general rule of thumb seems to be that Fleet Search and Destroys seem to spawn combinations of ships that would spawn in regular Search and Destroys of that rank. Generally there is a mix of battle ratings represented, and less powerful, lower-rated ships outnumber more powerful ships. In the future, I will try to see what the balance of BR is between the powerful single-spawn ships and the combination/pair ships.

For instance, Fleet 169s will only ever spawn ships with individual BR between 300 and 600, Connie/Inger to Pavel, but with more Constitutions and Ingermanlands than bigger ships.

I'm confident that I've only ever seen ships with 100-200 BR, Niagara/Cerbus to Trincomalee/Essex, in Fleet 152s, but with only a few Belle Poules and Trinco/Essex in any one mission and plenty of Niagaras, Cerberi, and Renommees.

• 2 weeks later...

"152 xp: 170-250 BR - single Frigate, Belle Poule, Essex, or Trincomalee. Double Niagara, double Cerberus, double Renomee, or paired combinations. Surprise paired with Niagara, Cerberus, or Renomee."

Just so you know this is pretty much spot on. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

got single ingermanland yesterday....

cant remember if it was 15x or 169 mission ...to bad cause i would like to cap another

i was sailing my trinco

now that this topic is pushed again ....maybe someone can say where i did find it.... doing missions since 2 hours now.. 1 169 1 150  jump 1 look what spawned and flee  go second mision same.. back to port....

i cant get an single ingermanland ........

Edited by Saliddry

12 hours ago, Saliddry said:

got single ingermanland yesterday....

cant remember if it was 15x or 169 mission ...to bad cause i would like to cap another

i was sailing my trinco

now that this topic is pushed again ....maybe someone can say where i did find it.... doing missions since 2 hours now.. 1 169 1 150  jump 1 look what spawned and flee  go second mision same.. back to port....

i cant get an single ingermanland ........

Pre patch I used to see single Ingermanland AI's out and about. Haven't seen one since.

I think the post captain 152xp missions give you a chance for Ingermanlands as well as Indefatigable and Endymion.

If you take fleet post captain missions, you spawn more ships and you have a bigger chance of getting an Ingermanland.

169xp missions used to be 3rd rate, double consti, consti/ingermanland, etc. basicaly a bit much to take on in a trinc. Don't know if they changed this since patch.

1 hour ago, The Spud said:

Pre patch I used to see single Ingermanland AI's out and about. Haven't seen one since.

I think the post captain 152xp missions give you a chance for Ingermanlands as well as Indefatigable and Endymion.

If you take fleet post captain missions, you spawn more ships and you have a bigger chance of getting an Ingermanland.

169xp missions used to be 3rd rate, double consti, consti/ingermanland, etc. basicaly a bit much to take on in a trinc. Don't know if they changed this since patch.

Yah it's the 152 missions that gives chance for both the new ships to show up.