Game-Labs Forum

[CRASH] Forced to Surrender

Crayon

Hello,

On 2/28 I was dragged into a 3rd Fleet battle. 

It is important to note, I did not manually join so the loss of my only deep water vessel, my Trinc, was completely out of my control.

How it happened was I was fleet farming that day. I was quite pleased at how I was progressing! My normal routine in Naval Action mainly involves trading, which as you can imagine, does not involve much, if any experience. So as I'm following the 3rd rate, battle is started. That's when the bug hit. I sat in a loading screen for over 5 minutes, until a previous experience with this particular bug sparked my decision to restart Naval Action. However, after I shut it down, and restarted the client, I was still not able to get to access a shard list, let alone my character selection screen. I come back about an hour later, and try to start the client again. This time, everything is working smooth. I ask my mates how the battle was going, and if my ship was still intact. To my horror, they inform me I had surrendered.

It was quite disheartening.

I had no input into this decision, and it was indeed a sad day. I had atleast 100k in upgrades into this captured, 1 dura boat, and I prided myself every time I looked at it. Every time I saw it in port in Cabo I thought "I went from a bcutter to this!" Only to see it lost in the most dishonorable may imaginable, the game took it away from me. Not in battle, not by a decision by me, but by an action of nearing theft.

I now refuse to open the client, or log in to my character, because of this loss.

I humbly request a full refund including upgrade costs and lost ships in the course of capturing this vessel, or the safe return of the vessel from the depths of Naval Action itself. If the request is not fulfilled, I fear that I may never return to the deeps.

Yours truly,

Captain Crayon

Unfortunately, you lost your ship to enemy action.  There are no refunds for game mechanics that are working exactly the way they are supposed to (in fact, this being testing, there are usually no refunds for bugs either).

I'm very sorry for the loss of your ship - I would, however, never recommend putting expensive modules into a 1 durability ship in the future.

Good hunting sir.

• Like 1

To say the game is working as intended when I had literally zero input into the outcome is utter trash. How is it, an enemy action, forced my surrender? Last time I checked, surrendering is a user/client decision. Not a client decision. My ship was not boarded.

I did not expect a refund, but I did not expect that this was 'working as intended'. Please check the logs. I have not logged in since, nor will I until this is fixed.

I cannot believe the game will force me to surrender, especially when I had no options in the matter what so ever.

Thank you for looking into the matter!

May good winds bless your sails,

Captain Crayon

Captain, it could also be an ISP temporary connection issue (packet loss and such). Please, next time you experience the issue, send not only bug report but also run connection test report, the 4-th option in Steam Launcher.