Game-Labs Forum

Moderator taking sides + open positions

wish to offer my services .... as a moderator... I have made previous requests via pm ..

i am on pvp one and since i work making models for the game i spend alot of time at my pc and therefore in game.....

always willing to help out players with anything no matter how trivial.

please let me know

Sorry to break it you but they said they dont need mods for pvp1 but for the other severs.

Master Commandant Nyurtle reporting for Duty -currently 377 hours all on PVP 2 USA. I have a Pretty good record of keeping things clean I think. I submit bug reports and Make videos of the exploits so they can be fixed already. Love this game and love helping make others have the best experience. Pretty much every ship I've crafted I gave away to help people out. I Only speak english. USA player currently in Clan CL. 

• 2 weeks later...

wish to offer my services .... as a moderator... I have made previous requests via pm ..

i am on pvp one and since i work making models for the game i spend alot of time at my pc and therefore in game.....

always willing to help out players with anything no matter how trivial.

please let me know

Gentlemen of the moderation team and Game Labs. My shipmate Mr Hairy Trousers, mentioned to me he was feeling a little lonely being the only British/ British moderator on PVP1 (I.e. a Brit in Brit nation moderator).

If you would like to redress the balance a little I would be very happy to help. I also know many of the other moderators on PVP1. I do not play often on the other servers so only this server I would be able to help with.

• Have been playing the game since late Sea Trials and throughout the OW era of NA.
  • I regularly help new players (and old) with regards to questions about the game. Especially crafting, the interface and tips and tricks.
  • I manage engineers for a living and have an engineering background.
  • Have 1500 Hours in the game. 
  • Have a patient and balanced attitude to dispute resolution, put myself in the shoes of both parties.
  • Play every day, online in chat when not sailing.

Aye,

Albert

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am applying as Moderator for PvP3 and indeed i'am very helpful and known on my Server PvP3 and i can speak German to. :)

On Dutch side where i play are many germans and many of them didn't understand english so i think i can help them what i always do anyway.

i would like to apply as moderator on the pve server.

i speak english and dutch

i am a frequent visitor of the forums but dont always post.

at the moment i have a pirate clan focused on helping new players with missions, ranking up and getting better ships.

i await your reply

lonelydemon

Hello Sirs,,

In you case you continue to seek moderation assistants, I'm happy to oblige. Please find below my 'game curriculum'

• Username: Gooneybird.
  • Gaming/moderation experience: since 1986 in smaller and larger communities, 10+ hours per week.
  • Languages spoken: Dutch, English, German, Swedish and a bit of French.
  • Social/work etiquette: accurate, unbiased, cultural awareness, courteous, formal

Greetings, My name is John Alvarez i would like to help out in PVE 1 US

Its not my 1st time being a Moderator , i was a Moderator for WOW Private Servers Molten WOW- etc etc such as other games... as well used to be a Moderator for Aeria Games- for an old MMO Called Twelve-Sky 2

Was on DAILY WORKING FOR 5-10 HOURS

My Ups and Downs

Ups.

--1. I am very friendly player, i have knowledge of the game, been playing since it was on STEAM

--2. I am 23 years old, i do not engage in arguements, i simply try and talk things out.

--3. i am very passionate and Motivated to work as anything For free reguardles of the Job i can always try my best to Fulfill my Duties 

--4. I always try and help Folks in need of assistance weather it would be assisting them with Missions or Guiding them through the GAME.

Downs.

--1. I have a Job in real life- i work at GameStop from 5-10 PM Eastern time.

--2. I do not like being treated Unfair or with disrespect

That is all the Information i can give.

My in-game name is Yuyi my Faction is the British Empire

I know 2 Languages English and Spanish.-- i am Also a good translator of Both languages.

Thank you for your time in reading this =) Kudos to you all and thank you for bringing in such a  great game.

Edited by yosnel79

Hello! My name is Josh, but my in game name is the 'TheElectricPickle'. I have been playing Naval action since steam release and I am very very passionate about this game, pretty much playing it constantly. I have been talking to multiple Mods in global chat, and talking to them, they have told me that if i want to contribute to this game at the level which I do, becoming a moderator is a great idea, so that is what I am striving to become. 

Positives and negatives.

Positives: 

• I pretty much play Naval Action every day, only not playing it when I have something which is more important (which is rare, as I love this game)
  • I am apart of a pretty large clan, BWITC, since 1 week after steam release, and I am a commodore with 400 in game hours, which is constantly going up ;)
  • I'm always talking in chat, even when I'm in battle. I believe a lot players in British nation now know who I am, which is a friendly guy.
  • I always help new players/players who have switched from new servers as I know it can be quite disorientating. I donate them gold/Ships to get a good start.

Negatives:

• I am playful in chat, including in battle, and try to have a playful joke around with the enemy, which includes when we are winning, or if we are losing. However, a couple of times I believe the enemy might have mistaken me for being rude, which i apologised for. Although this is a negative, In the future I can improve this and make sure I don't get in that situation.
  • Sometimes I don't look in global chat, although I have taken efforts to prepare for potentially becoming a moderator by hanging out there more often. Current mods hopefully can prove this as I have talked to them, and others in peaceful subjects.

I play on PVP 1 EU, as a player in the British nation.

I am looking forward to a reply and will continue to work on my Negatives! 

Thank you in advance

If you chaps are still looking for moderators on PvP2, I'll be happy to apply.

IGN: Lord Frederick de Villaret

I'm a British Captain, active every day and have noticed quite a lot of toxic behaviour on global over the past few days. Whilst the server pop is small compared to others, I would still very much like to assist in cleaning the behaviour up a bit.

I've played since steam release back in January & am Currently part of the AUS clan on the server.

I look forward to helping you guys in the future :D 

I'd also like to apply for the gig on PVP2, if it's still open.

I spend a fair amount of time on Nation and Help chat (more so than on Forums), answering questions and helping folks. I volunteer a lot in RL and love to help in general, but helping folks learn this awesome game is one of the most rewarding aspects of it. I seek win-win situations and fairness in all things and with 20 years of management experience in bleeding-edge Hi-Tech I'm pretty handy at finding satisfying solutions to issues.

I have a thick skin and (as a Celt) tend to opt for the direct and frank approach (though I've learned to downgrade my "brutally honest" tendencies to "just honest" as the "brutal" part was often not helpful, especially around Anglo-Saxon cultures).

I'm a solo PVPer/Crafter so I play equal amounts in all aspects of the game, whether trading, crafting or fighting (PVP and PVE). I'm a sailor and racer (of 20' to 40' sloops) in RL, so sailing is a huge passion of mine and I LOVE how much more realistic the sailing in this game is, compared to other similar titles. I've been sailing since age 8 and had my first experience with an online sailing game as a wee kid in the early '80s on the Minitel system (NA looks a ton better lol). Been hooked to sailing games (particularly online ones) since that magical moment . I have nearly 400 hours in game and counting, and am working on ranking to Commodore.

I'm a native French speaker and also a native Celtic speaker (Breton Celtic); my nick (pr. 'Blay-Waynn') means "White Wolf" in Celtic. I'm fluent in English and near-fluent in German. I can get around in Spanish and speak a few words of Swedish and Polish.

Thanks!  :)

Edited by Bleiwen
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

I'd like to REapply for a moderator position. Last time I applied I had 350 hours logged i'm currently at 1900. I think I understand what is expected and I still spend most of my time helping new players learn the game. I've probably given 20 million gold to new players 50 ships and 200 hours of my time to just helping people have a better experience. I operate a fairly influential clan and I communicate with many of the other nations leaders in regards to politics, server health and organizing fun/fair pvp events. I also have been uploading instructional videos on youtube so that I can quickly link informational resources on various game play mechanics and dynamics.

My youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4y9BmC0EeQ5zy_bGTM5V-g. Really hope we get more moderators on pvp2 and trust you guys to pick the right person(s).

Also you can contact me on our teamspeak server at infinitum.teamspeak3.com if an audible interview would be useful.

IGN:Nyurtle

Edited by Nyurtle
  • Like 1

I'd like to apply for pvp2 server.

I am 24 years old with all day to play games.

I only know english for language

I do not have any experience in moderating servers except for past clan owned servers.

I have 625 hours currently in the game and reached curse rank (since I'm pirate) at around 450 hours into the game.

I am aware of the consequences of my actions and I accept them if I break any rules whether I'm a mod or regular player.

My clan tag on PVP2 Server is Black Flag. Many of the USA nation side players are aware of this as well as most of the other nations.

I can be reached if needed. If I'm not home I can still receive emails.

I'm not the best person for this but I keep my chat clean as best as I can. I also try to have patience.

Edited by redneck13265
  • Like 1

Hi, I would like to put my name forward for PvP 1 as a mod. My main reason is to help the game grow, I love sailing and love the experience of playing Naval Action.

I am 58 year old father of two older and two younger children.

English is my only language though I know a smattering of terms in German and French. Can I count Australian as a second language?  :P

I have some experience as an umpire but none as a moderator in online games. I have a lot of hours of play time including lvl 50 crafting and Rear Admiral.

My day job is that of a college teacher so I am quite experienced in dealing with teenagers and others in what amounts to a moderator type function as well as explaining how things work. This is also a job which requires a thick skin.

I am in a British clan and was formerly in a French one, plainly my French wasn't good enough :)

I have a good knowledge of the game mechanics but am always willing to learn more.

I am also friendly and approachable and try to help new players.

If I might beg a moment of the Admins time.

This forum thread was posted in February, I am just curious as to whether the you guys are still looking for applicants.

By the chance it is, I'd like to put myself forward (Rear Admiral - InversoSk3lo) for the PVE 1 server, however I feel as though I might not be as active as what you are perhaps looking for. I play on a daily basis, though only for a short while during weekdays (as I have work commitments), and extensively during weekends. I'm normally home when the servers go down for maintenance so I spend the better half of the hour (or two if there is a patch) reading through forums.

Personally I feel as though the community, on the PVE sever at least, is quite helpful to those that are seeking it. However I do think that having a moderator with an interest and experience in the more detailed mechanics (whom of which could talk closely to developers, should they be seeking answers themselves) could help clarify some or any discussions that arise in said topics.

On a some what unrelated note, I think that I could be of use when pitching constructive suggestions, of which I have many, that I don't believe to be overly ambitious.

Age - 21

English Spoken - Australian

Passionate Gamer

• 2 weeks later...

So I have about 530 hours in the game, can speak German without major hindrance, English is my primary language, I put up the idea for the tournament, with help from Olav, and managed it for about 2 weeks before my job got in the way, I have friends in all the nations, minus the Spanish, and most of the mods know me well. Also, I'm 20 years old, before I forget.  And I moderate a few youtuber's twitch streams, Onnerby from Devil Dog Gamer is one of them, if that counts for anything. On EU 1

Edited by Molon_Labe13966

Hi Admin,

Fasti and Skully are both interested in this.

I am on the forums daily

I am the current leader in the AUSEZ clan which in pirate land is AUSFC

1000+ hours and some sea trials.

Hardcore gamer with many high end gulids/clans in many games.  numerous first etc.

Generally helpful

Aussie timezone

had experience in diplomacy

IT Manager for 20 + years....haz Skillz

I have also offered 3 times to join up but not when you were looking. hopefully you are looking again.

Edited by Fastidius

• 11 months later...

Now let me give my rusty necromancing skills a go and revive this thread. 

I'm just going to leave this here for future reference.

• I mostly play on PvP EU at the moment.
  • Around 500 hours of gameplay
  • I've lurking in these forums since early 2015. Spending quite some time everyday
  • Currently a student so i have loads and loads of free time
  • I'm pretty bad at making a resume (CV) 
  • Does Greek count as a second language? ^^

Edited by Sella22
  • Like 1

So originally I didn't want to apply as a moderator, but I guess I'll give it a go now anyway, because I am kinda missing the "greenies" activity on the EU server. I know there are a lot on the Global server, but on EU it would be nice to have a few more mods present.

(I have just started a new job this month though, so won't be able to play as much as before anymore, but should still be online in the evenings, and ofc in the weekends.)

• 20 years old
  • Currently 4091 hours on the game - Usually have Help Chat open when I play and try to answer questions
  • Playing on PvP EU, Privateering as a Pirate at the moment
  • Languages: German (fluent, mother tongue), English, and a little bit of French (enough to do basic communication)
  • EU Timezone (Switzerland)
  • Not part of a major RvR clan, not too much interested in RvR either, so generally not siding up with a side
  • In general a helpful player, but not enjoying obvious trolls and trashtalkers - IMO a bigger Moderator presence on the EU server would help to somewhat reduce it.
Edited by Liq
  • Like 9

• 1 month later...

Answering in a support subforum, please avoid any trolling or misinformation (due to lack of knowledge how the system works). In the reply you got the warning you were misinforming players about how the chat abuse system works. Support subforum purpose is aimed to bugs and technical questions only.

I haven't seen the two players we had as moderators on Global since before patch.  Starting to think we might need a few more Mods and some that actually play during US prime time @The Red Duke has pretty much been our only moderator other than @Iroquois Confederacy where the only two mods that I know of we had on.  Both are MIA or off playing on EU server.  Shouldn't we have actually Mods that play and constant on the GLOBAL servers?   Hell I would put myself in for the position but I have done it on other games and it's a big headache, but I'm also one of the most active players in game or on the Forums for GLOBAL.  I just wanted to put it out there we really need some prime time US player base Moderators on Global along with a few others that cover the SEA/AU and EU prime times that are going to stay active on our server and not run off to EU or go inactive.  

I think each of the major nations need to have at least one active moderator that can watch over nation chat (doesn't get as bad at times) and global chat for any folks that step out of line or get abusive.

• Like 2