Game-Labs Forum

Remaining in Port Battle after the end to prevent port flipping and timer setting immediately prior to server reset.

[OFF] Koxan entered our port cap at Tampico, attacked us for the honor of the fleet and then proceeded to run and hide where we couldn't catch or kill him. Then when we killed all the towers and received the [bATTLE OVER] message, we left, they didn't. Thus we did not get credit for capturing the port, nor were we able to set a capture window.

Such exploits should not be tolerated.

[OFF] Koxan entered our port cap at Tampico, attacked us for the honor of the fleet and then proceeded to run and hide where we couldn't catch or kill him. Then when we killed all the towers and received the [bATTLE OVER] message, we left, they didn't. Thus we did not get credit for capturing the port, nor were we able to set a capture window.

Such exploits should not be tolerated.

Sorry, but where it is said that I have after the battle MUST get out of the fight? I swam and was examining the map, is it forbidden?

And then, why did you come out of the battle, when the battle were still enemy ships?

Edited by Koxan

Sorry, but where it is said that I have after the battle MUST get out of the fight? I swam and was examining the map, is it forbidden?

And then, why did you come out of the battle, when the battle were still enemy ships?

Do you think you're funny or smart by using such an obvious lie?

Seeing the behavior of this captain I would guess there was an intention to exploit the problem. I would say an example is in order.

• Like 4

Seeing the behavior of this captain I would guess there was an intention to exploit the problem. I would say an example is in order.

See; http://www.twitch.tv/bigfeatnz/v/49362161?t=02h11m45s              also timestamps 2:14:22 for [bATTLE OVER] and then all the way nearly to the end for servers going down messages and despite battle having been over, port not flipping.

Its not just the fact that you sat in the battle afterwards, that's not a big deal, but it is a big deal, sitting in there and preventing the port flip.

Its not just the fact that you sat in the battle afterwards, that's not a big deal, but it is a big deal, sitting in there and preventing the port flip.

What is a lie? I'm only 2 weeks, 3 siege of this port, in which I participated. How was I to know that the city is not caught? Why American capital nen wrote me a message and did not inform me that they nemogut receive the award?

Edited by Koxan

How much time do you exactly need to explore the map that has nothing on it? Two weeks was not enough?

I was impartial to the case before reading that line.

This is my first fight in the deep-water port, I swam to the last tower. The battle ended in 8-10 minutes before the server maintenance. with sails, strength 90% it takes a lot of time

On top of all of this. Despite getting battle over, the xp for finishing it, and the server reset. The port didn't flip to USA at all. Their exploit caused a waste of 450k gold and a bunch of time.

Man, how do I know what will happen? Why do none of you wrote me a private message that I left? You know my nickname. Let the developers will fix it as soon as possible

Edited by Koxan

While it cannot be said with 100% conviction that Koxan was well aware of what he was doing, there is always a chance that he was not aware the consequences of his actions.

As there is proof that the battle was won and the port should have flipped, I implore the developers to step in and correct the issue caused by this bug.

On top of all of this. Despite getting battle over, the xp for finishing it, and the server reset. The port didn't flip to USA at all. Their exploit caused a waste of 450k gold and a bunch of time.

So you're saying this was known to you before today?

Why did you not report this for fixing then? This is the first time I'm reading about it.

The gall to accuse someone of exploiting a bug when no one knew this would happen.

• Like 1

Dont forget its an EA status and exactly this is why we are playing atm, to find bugs/exploits and to help them to improve gameplay.

Koxan found that bug/exploit and i dont think he should be punished because he didnt tryed to get a advantage from it. It was not used again and again it was only be one time and then it was reported.

• Like 2

Judge for yourself, as I have, the player who played 2 weeks, can know in advance about the error, which has never been heard even testers that test inru for about a year? If this has happened before, then surely it would have been known for a long time and playing the players and game developers.

I found a bug and reported it to developers, as well as any player must do.

Edited by Koxan

I think a warning is in order. It's impossible to judge one way or the other, so either forgetting the accusation or resetting gold or XP are both bad choices. I would say - keep an eye out for the name Koxan. If he's a bad seed, he can be punished on the next offense, and will get no chance to explain himself with ignorance. If he had bad luck, well... he looses nothing, but a bit of time and stress. Nothing a typical Dutch raid doesn't do.

Hmm i dont understand the "warning" and remember his name, should he stop playing? Because if he find another exploit, why should he punished? We are playing that game to find exploits and improve gameplay. He should get a reward and should not be punished.

If someone abuse an exploit he should be punished, but not if he finds one.

• Like 1

I think a warning is in order. It's impossible to judge one way or the other, so either forgetting the accusation or resetting gold or XP are both bad choices. I would say - keep an eye out for the name Koxan. If he's a bad seed, he can be punished on the next offense, and will get no chance to explain himself with ignorance. If he had bad luck, well... he looses nothing, but a bit of time and stress. Nothing a typical Dutch raid doesn't do.

A warning for what?

If you knew this bug existed, how come you didn't report it?

If you knew this bug existed, how come you didn't report it?

Are you saying random words and hoping to make a sentence? Because if you try to accuse me of something, please make a topic for that. I will stand trial with pleasure.

And if you plead innocent due to ignorance, SAY SO. It's much more efficient than accusing others for no reason.

It's pretty obvious he had no idea this was going to happen. Yet you continue accusing him of intentionally exploiting it.

No reason to plead innocent due to ignorance, the first thing you responded was accusing him of lying about it. Which means this bug has to be common knowledge, or at least known to you.

Otherwise how could you possibly run this argument?

Edited by Quineloe

It's pretty obvious he had no idea this was going to happen. Yet you continue accusing him of intentionally exploiting it.

No reason to plead innocent due to ignorance, the first thing you responded was accusing him of lying about it. Which means this bug has to be common knowledge, or at least known to you.

Otherwise how could you possibly run this argument?

Your logic is awfully idiotic. Because I find it curious a player decides to randomly roam in port battle right before the server maintenance means I know there is a port battle bug...?

But I invite you again - if you're willing to accuse me of knowing about the bug, make another trial about me. If you're unwilling to do that - knowing your logic couldn't hold - please, stop accusing me.

My proposition of the warning comes from the inability to decide whether it was or wasn't an intentional exploit. It's symbolic moreso than anything else and hold no real weight. You would understand that, if you spent less time screaming and trying to connect the unconnectable. It's a way of saying "wow, you got into a bad place at a bad time" while assuring the accuser the problem was notified. And my intelligence is insulted for the need to actually explain that - no less under the accusation, that SOMEHOW I'm some criminal mastermind behind a port flip bug.

Now, I am NOT willing to discuss my viewpoint any further. If you would like to present yours - for a nice change, instead of throwing around idiotic accusations - please, do. The problem at hand is not my advised course of action, not should it ever come under discussion and even the less - counter-accusations. This is where you say "I think he's 100% innocent, no penalty should be admitted!". And I assure you, I will NOT accuse you of some underground, illuminati nonsense if you do so.

THE END.