Game-Labs Forum

Teleport Bug

FatherGhonel

As amusing as it is to hear him rage in ts, this is a rather game breaking bug that needs a fix asap. With teleport up its a 2ish hour sail from Port Royal to Bensalem, with it down it's a 3 - 4 hour sail back with the potential of losing durability on your ship. He's lost nearly 6 hours of game time today having to sail back.

First time I was exiting Bensalem and was teleported to pirate territory. The second time I logged out and then logged back in and was in pirate ville. This final time I was leaving a fight and respawned in pirate land. I did not see any strange repeatable events other than being ported to pirate land. Not the same one each time either. Can you all move me and my boat from port royal to bensalem and maybe some exp :). I know this is an alpha game. Thanks

I also bug reported this each time today

Ok. That explains a strange thing that happened to me the first days of Early Access. The first day I played as a danish-norwegian salior.

I teleported from the Gustavia area back to CS and ended up in a nearby town that was ockupied by the french. It made me believe at first hat I could visit french harbours as a dane. (The harbour was NOT captured or lost to the french at the time. It was french since the start.) After talking to the ohers in the clan and they said IMPOSSIBLE I came to the conclusion that I must have slept and dreamt or been hallucinating or something. :-) But when listening to this I might have experienced the same kind of bug as the OP.

Edited by Ligatorswe

its a very rare elusive bug that we cannot reproduce even if we copy the player and do exact thing he did before he was teleported elsewhere

We are still trying to find it.

please continue to report such cases with

full description of what happened before you teleported

approximate location,

ship you sailed and its fitouts

battle and what did you fight 

after you teleported like this please always file the F11 report without moving or doing anything. 

This has happened to me once, although it wasn't from actively teleporting to a chosen outpost or capital so I'm not sure this applies to the original post, but my activity prior to being teleported will hopefully help in identifying the problem.

I was in a battle instance (against a.i.) I had to leave my computer for a bit, so sailed away from the a.i. to try and avoid my uncontested sinking from the a.i.. When I returned to my computer I was out of the battle instance and had been teleported from the Vieques area (where the battle instance took place) to the open sea area around Caracas, South America. 

I was in a Constitution. Long guns around decks, longs in front, carronades in back. 

Edited by Captiva

This has happened to me once, although it wasn't from actively teleporting to a chosen outpost or capital so I'm not sure this applies to the original post, but my activity prior to being teleported will hopefully help in identifying the problem.

I was in a battle instance (against a.i.) I had to leave my computer for a bit, so sailed away from the a.i. to try and avoid my uncontested sinking from the a.i.. When I returned to my computer I was out of the battle instance and had been teleported from the Vieques area (where the battle instance took place) to the open sea area around Caracas, South America. 

I was in a Constitution. Long guns around decks, longs in front, carronades in back. 

He wasn't actively teleporting. The first time it happened he clicked sail out of bensalem, it teleported him over to pirate territory. The second time the same thing, the third time he got boarded by a 3rd rate and had his ship taken like a noob when we sunk the third rate he exited the battle and it teleported him and his frigate to pirate territory, then once he clicked sail out of the pirate port he was in it ported him to a shallow pirate port again.