Game-Labs Forum

Land sighted.

few questions regarding the shore battery's

Will every port have a shore battery?

Will the amount of artillery pieces differ between port sizes, i.e regional capital/capitals have most, and shallow has least?

How will free and neutral ports work? will they not fire on anyone or just not have a battery?

and finally, in the far future will upgrades/modifications or complete destruction of a shore battery be possible?

I'm definitely looking forward to land in battles!

some I would guess would have a mixture of both on and off shore batteries like Portsmouth in England has

It's great news. I'd like to be the voice of slight concern though. The temptation when things like this are implemented is to overdo them to justify all the work that was put in.

I hope not every battle is all of a sudden a map with land. I hope the scale of the OW is taken into consideration. For example, battles initiated in the middle of the Windward Passage should NOT have St. Nicholas and Cuba on either side of the battle instance.

I get concerned when I read that gun batteries will effectively replace reinforcements. Reinforcements currently have a humongous range, compared to the effective range of a gun battery sitting on the shore. Does this mean that every battle initiated within reinforcement range will suddenly place the participants within a cannon shot of shore? This seems highly problematic and immersion killing.

IF done successfully, this land implementation makes this game exponentially better. But I see a lot of risk here. Certain elements of the OW (weather, day cycle) are currently very crude and flawed. I wouldn't like to see a new crude and flawed system added on top of them if there are not plans to absolutely perfect it.

I share these concerns, I hope they are taken into consideration.

Also, I hope that the ports will be balanced. The OP states that some ports will be very easy to take, others near impossibruh. I hope this is balanced around the nation's starting locations.

• Like 2

Sounds good! Especially if the drafts of individual ships are factored in, it'll add a lot of strategy to battles. Would be cool too if you could capture / purchase charts for different areas, so that you might be able to see where you are in relation to shoals or so that you might be sailing blind and hoping you don't run aground in the heat of battle.

• 1 month later...

Hello Devs !

I think the testing is running ( as i read in first post ) I would only ask :

- you can already be the upcoming date? This month , next ?

- the new fort modell will be added ?

- if the new fort placed, we can hope for new ship with bombard guns ?

- when the patch is ready we got a wipe ?

thx any answer , pls inform us about the stage , maybe som new screeshot also wellcome :)

Edited by hiclipucli