Game-Labs Forum

Land sighted.

Sparse info on this feature went out in the Russian forums so we must share it with everyone. 

We are working on the very big feature now which was taking 90% of the time for the devs and art team. The feature is in development in secret since October. 

We have taught the engine to pull the land from our procedural map into battles.

• If you attack a player in the hispaniola channel you will fight in the hispaniola channel.
  • If you attack a player in a narrow passage you will fight in a narrow passage.
  • Attack a player near land if wind blows towards land he will not escape.
  • Port battles harbors will be based on our map harbors making some ports extremely easy to capture and others impossible to capture.
  • Attack someone near a shore battery spot and you will have to fight under battery fire (this will allow us to eliminate reinforcements button).

This will change the gameplay completely and might ruin the game. Or will make it awesome. 

The feature is in internal testing as there a a lot of spawn problems to be solved. But it plays and feels epic. 

ETA Unknown but hopefully by mid spring it can be given in experimental build for testing. 

I have found the game kinda stale already but willing to try this new stuff out when its live, sounds like it might make battles a bit more interesting. I still feel port battles do need some new mechanics please refer to my post:http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/9675-needed-major-changes-to-openworld-combattrade-port-battle-times-mechanics-pvp-based/#entry173904

Most important development in the game.  This is what is needed to tie OS to battles and fully integrate the beautiful world devs have created.

Please also consider returning battle instances to real time (or much reduced accelerated time), so that not only can be have a battle under a shore battery in the narrows outside Tortue, but a dawn battle or a night battle or a foggy battle in that location.

• Like 10

Most important development in the game.  This is what is needed to tie OS to battles and fully integrate the beautiful world devs have created.

Definitely agree with this. I think outside of the combat model itself this will be the most important feature added to the game. It should drastically add even more depth and immersion to the game and combat.

• Like 3

Please also consider returning battle instances to real time (or much reduced accelerated time), so that not only can be have a battle under a shore battery in the narrows outside Tortue, but a dawn battle or a night battle or a foggy battle in that location.

This ^^. Awesome news!