Game-Labs Forum

[Clarification-Help Needed] Bug of premature battle end / DeadLock

We know of the annoying issue that sometimes the Battle of Gettysburg can end prematurely with a defeat although you are doing very well.

This happens because there are some errors in the Battle Flow that make next battle to not be calculated properly and so you can get a defeat.

The most frequent issue is "Deadlock" message that is actually the minimum type of Loss, where you have more VP, more kills but because you fail to capture at least one of the needed objectives, then the game ends. (Likewise in Chess a draw is possible even by having tactical or pieces superiority).

Another reason is that 4th day battles are not yet made and messages per type of Win/Loss are not yet differentiated as needed to at least explain properly what happens.

This issue, together with elevation clearness are our priorities for our next patch.

*Please help us to narrow down this problem by using the report button at the moment you get an undesirable battle result or report in this thread with images and feedback.*

We are sorry for the inconvenience and thank you very much for your support,

Game-Labs

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, I think I might have seen this just now.

Playing as confederates, trying to take Cemetery Hill, south of Gettysburg. Huge huge battle, super fun. Took Cemetery Hill in the nick of time, but some small enemy unit got behind my weak left flank and took the 2500VP objective SW of Gettysburg proper. Seminary Hill, I think? Battle ended, Major Victory, etc. Then the overall battle of gettysburg was declared a draw. Final stats were something like 33000 VP for Confederates, 8k VP For Union. I lost about 1k fewer men, 10k to 11k. Sort of unsatisfying. 

I'm not sure if this is a useful level of detail for narrowing this down. Sorry I didn't catch it with a nice debug log or screenshot or anything. 

Overall, this latest patch is wonderful!

I just found out about this game and got steam and downloaded it last night. I played Day 1 through as the confederates and decided to attack the union left on day two. I felt like i did pretty well, i took both roundtops and the peach orchard just as i planned to. the gameplay was very fun. just as time expired i had good defence set up at the round tops with artilary place and the wheatfield. All that remained in union hands was cemetary ridge. When the round ended i was awarded a minor victory and had about 1-2k less casualties as the union and I was looking forward to pushing to cemetery ridge on day 3 having taken the round tops and feeling that i would gain a significant advantage doing so. However when i went to the next screen i was told the union would get reinforcements and my troops had to withdraw and the game was over for me. :( i am not sure if the game is intended, my history might be off but i belive i accomplished more than the real life confederates and they still fought on day 3. Even if my army was going to be greatly outnumbered as the game suggested, i would have liked to play out the 3rd day from the positions i gained because the challenge would have been fun. if this is just a bug i hope my post is of some help. 

Sorry, i did not press the report bug button at the time that this occured, it was my first playthrough of the game and i simply closed it out when i was done. i can try to replicate the results i had and then report it if that is of any help to the devs to see if i am mistaken and the game is working as intended, At any rate, the gameplay was very fun, i had a little trouble figuring out if my artillery was firing but overall i enjoy this game except for the end result which i hoped i would be able to continue. 

Apologies for my poorly written post also, i am in a rush to goto work right now! I will definatly be playing more when i get home! thanks for making such an enjoyable civil war game

• 4 weeks later...

Got back online today and played my normal no click union game. Got a epic victory at p.m. of day 1 and the game ended.

Reproduce like this

start game as union with confeds as cautious

Dont click anything

ends a.m. with minor union victory

Start p.m. by selecting defend the south hill (or whatever it says) - option 3

Don't click anything

EPIC VICTORY 

Battle ends at end of day 1 .... and i didn't click a thing

I must be a great general :-)

• Like 1