Game-Labs Forum

What happens to your ship and your stuff if you are in a port that is captured?

I have a question:

Suppose I am in a neutral port.  

I don't have an outpost there, but I have a ship in the dock and some goods in the warehouse.  

I log off.    Next time I log on, I find out that the port has been captured by a hostile faction.  

My assumption is that I wouldn't lose my ship, but that anything I left in the port when I left, I would lose (because I couldn't build an outpost in a hostile port, and if I leave, I lose whatever is in the warehouse.)   

So, if I were to leave, I lose everything, but if I stay there, and don't leave, I don't lose anything.  (If I didn't want to lose everything in my warehouse, I would have to stay in the port until it is recaptured by my nation.)  

Is that how it works?  

Which is exactly why (probably most of us) players now only put outposts in free ports.

Even the neutral ports are subject to being captured and losing all your stuff.

Personally I think the neutral ports should be also placed in the 'no-capture-possible' category - else you eventually wind up with only the capitals and free towns actually with ship traffic other than trader visits.

Just my 1 1/2 centavos. Regards, Bob W. (Muttley) Bristol, RI, US

Honestly, and I'm not saying this to spite you, but if your stuff wasn't lost entirely to the enemy nation then it should have been.

Having it simply locked until the port is resecured is silly, as that would never happen in real life. Your things would be captured and sold/reappropriated by the enemy nation.

• Like 1

You were suddently blockaded during the port assaut, and the enemy seized your ship and goods after the capture.

I mean, would the opposite be more realistic ?

The enemy attack the port you're docked, but suddently your ship is teleported outside at the nearest friendly port ?

• Like 1

I know nothing about port battles at this moment. But lets say you are "stationed" in the port, so you were in the port when you logged out. Most realistic scenario would be that you would fight to defend the port when it would be attacked (in real life). So (again I know nothing about port battles) but couldn't the dev's make it this way that your ship (under AI control) would help defend the port? So in the exceptional case the AI would win the battle, you would still have your ship? I don't know how this works right now, but for Port Battles. If I would be in a clan on a server, and I would agree with my mates we would attack an important port when the population is at its lowest (when most of us are at work or asleep) and resistanse would be lowest, this mechanic might make this impredicatble as with alot of players logged out it could make a large AI fleet. Don't bash me if I got all of the above wrong, I played Stronghold Kingdoms several years ago, and people would actualy get up at night to cap some stuff...