Game-Labs Forum

'Lagging' out in Battle

Don Alfonso

Problem:

This might actually be a problem extending from my over-arching issue.

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/9724-entering-battle-instance-problem/

Anyway, the problem linked above still occurs - however, it appears to occur less when I'm in a group. Still 1/2 times though...

The issue I've been having recently (this morning) is that when in battle the following occurs;

- My cannons don't show to be reloading.

- After say 2-5 minutes, my boat starts drifting around spinning out of control...

This happens after I have either joined a battle with two European friends of mine; or when I've had the issue linked above and 'rejoined' the battle afterwards.

Why is it a problem?

It is rather problematic in a battle because for one; I have to guess or listen out for the whistle to know when my cannons have reloaded.

And then, after a while, I'm forced to restart naval action because spinning out of control means I can't do anything... and become a sitting duck.

What should developers do to fix the problem?

Again, I do not know what they could do... I again think that it is a matter of latency or connection, but I haven't heard of any of my Australian friends having this issue.

Background:

I'm playing from Australia (average ping of 300) on the PVP One EU server; my connection report is #NAS139621

When I say 'battle' I mean an instance in open world such as a mission/event/ongoing fight.

Edited by Don Alfonso

The issue I've been having recently (this morning) is that when in battle the following occurs;

- My cannons don't show to be reloading.

- After say 2-5 minutes, my boat starts drifting around spinning out of control...

Those symptoms indicate the connection issue.

There is a part of connection report log:

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  

2    16 ms    15 ms    15 ms  
  3    15 ms    15 ms    15 ms  
  4   174 ms   170 ms   179 ms 
  5    70 ms    29 ms    22 ms

As you can see there is high leap in ping time even though it is yet haven't gone outside your country to Europe