Game-Labs Forum

(PVP2-US) Political Situation - Edit* No clan size restrictions - need more Diplo Info Please

El Capitano

1 hour ago, OneEyedSnake said:

as i asked Stroop. when was the last time our rogues even tried to raise hostility? we got them under control. unlike sweden. not to mention they never triggered any PBs. benny has triggered 12.

Yah it's been Brits now and that was another reason we didn't want Brits to have that region either.  France was a very good option and it put a buffer between us and you.  But like I said just get your guys to show up and beat him. I'm sure RISE will agree to stay out of those battles along with the Danes so it's only those two players and there alts.   Remember it's free ships/paints for those that show.  If by chance they flip it than flip it back at prime time for ya'll.  Got to be better than doing nothing right?  Cause we all know that if no one helps them than they will never be able to hold those regions even if they captured them.

54 minutes ago, PolishMartyr said:

Caught me in mid-reply. :D

I agree it was counter productive. It is just Dutch politics. It is spastic at the slightest change.

There were multiple ownership concepts brought up one of which was that. After seeing the French would not be having a national refit of any sort it was accepted that Windward would go to them. The next day it was agreed upon, Pirates. Nothing I could do to halt the re-capturing of Windward then. 

One way to support this is not show up to those port battles.  Just like these ones against Danes right now.  US and Brits are going for the kill and we don't want that for the server.  Since they aren't attacking any home nations regions.   They for sure haven't been attacking US or Brits.  If you don't agree with it than tell your guys not to go to those port battles.  We plan to screen the crap out of those two battles if we can, but we won't be able to help them inside the actual port battles.

22 minutes ago, chailang said:

Stay up late  lol

3am and 5am  haha   Before the system is good 

The port timer restrictions where good that helped little nations, but the flag system had many flaws.  They should not completely dump the current system.  They just need to work on the way agro works and maybe have the flag system with raids to help counter the grind.  That and having restricted port timers for battles would help little nations.  That and allow us to freaking actually fight in US prime times.  We can't even do that so I bet a lot more Port Battles would happen if we can actually do them in prime time for US players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

We can deal with the 4 players but that is not the problem. If those players can manipulate the vote of their nation and continue to not go with an agreement there is nothing we can do. Even if we worked with the Danes, French, and maybe even the Pirates it would still be a pain for us smaller nations to deal with our ports constantly being flipped by them as we try to fight the large nations. Not a hard task just a very large annoyance.

I also agree that its a shame that the large nations are not involved in this post. Id like to also mention that today for the most part this has been a pretty civil discussion between players and has given me some hope for a better future for the game.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

One way to support this is not show up to those port battles.  Just like these ones against Danes right now.  US and Brits are going for the kill and we don't want that for the server.  Since they aren't attacking any home nations regions.   They for sure haven't been attacking US or Brits.  If you don't agree with it than tell your guys not to go to those port battles.  We plan to screen the crap out of those two battles if we can, but we won't be able to help them inside the actual port battles.

Yah it's been Brits now and that was another reason we didn't want Brits to have that region either.  France was a very good option and it put a buffer between us and you.  But like I said just get your guys to show up and beat him. I'm sure RISE will agree to stay out of those battles along with the Danes so it's only those two players and there alts.  

We did not for the Leewards and the same plan was set for the Windward. I do not agree with our port battles against the Danes as well and personally do not plan to show up. I am hoping to turn over more territories to the French and Spanish outside the Antilles, but that will take some time and negotiating. 

Once the Pirates leave the Antilles, Great Britain will have no desire to do anything down there LoL! Joking aside you could just ask the Dutch about how hard it was to get CKA to show up to anything in the South East. If it was someone like the Dutch or Swedes attacking Windward a week or two ago (losing track of time) I doubt there would have been close to the twenty or so ships we were able to muster.  The feeling I have been getting from some of the Great Britain leadership is the Antilles is just too far away or they don't know where I am talking about.

Edited by PolishMartyr

The USA is conspicuous in their absence from these posts.  I have tried reaching out to the USA on a couple of occasions.  Each time I get the 'we'll discuss and get back to you' treatment.  After the port reset the discussions with Falkwulf, and a few other USA players, had the French staying in the gulf and there was a mutual non-aggression pact - even talk of an alliance.  That all changed when the USA abruptly decided they wanted to take Texas and Louisiana.  I don't think Falkwulf is playing at the moment as none of the in game messages to him are getting responses.

The scheduled PB between GB and the Danes is WAY outside the Danes times zone - and that isn't going to help the balance either if the Brits take it.  That region is the ONLY decent crafting region for the Danes and the Swedes.  It was also a potential for the French to use if the alliance between France and the Danes completes in a few days.  GB /USA players may want to set their alarm clocks for the early hours of the morning, as you can expect the Danes to retaliate in their time zones - 4am to 5am eastern time PB's looming if that region falls....

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, PolishMartyr said:

Falkwulf

exactly - and that's part of the issue with the game - discussions and verbal agreements are all dependent on the latest crop of players.  What was said and agreed to yesterday is worthless when players stop playing or change nations...  This is especially true with large blocks of players change nations - the dynamic becomes very different.  A large number of the players responding to this thread were in different nations 1-2 months ago...

Edited by ElricTheTwo
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ElricTheTwo said:

exactly - and that's part of the issue with the game - discussions and verbal agreements are all dependent on the latest crop of players.  What was said and agreed to yesterday is worthless when players stop playing or change nations...  This is especially true with large blocks of players change nations - the dynamic becomes very different.  A large number of the players responding to this thread were in different nations 1-2 months ago...

Well, with the meeting this Sunday hopefully you can meet current faces.

5 hours ago, ElricTheTwo said:

The USA is conspicuous in their absence from these posts.  I have tried reaching out to the USA on a couple of occasions.  Each time I get the 'we'll discuss and get back to you' treatment.  After the port reset the discussions with Falkwulf, and a few other USA players, had the French staying in the gulf and there was a mutual non-aggression pact - even talk of an alliance.  That all changed when the USA abruptly decided they wanted to take Texas and Louisiana.  I don't think Falkwulf is playing at the moment as none of the in game messages to him are getting responses.

The scheduled PB between GB and the Danes is WAY outside the Danes times zone - and that isn't going to help the balance either if the Brits take it.  That region is the ONLY decent crafting region for the Danes and the Swedes.  It was also a potential for the French to use if the alliance between France and the Danes completes in a few days.  GB /USA players may want to set their alarm clocks for the early hours of the morning, as you can expect the Danes to retaliate in their time zones - 4am to 5am eastern time PB's looming if that region falls....

Yah and they didn't like us flipping one here and there after reset for the SEA/AUS guys.  Just think if it's more than one nation doing it and they have to split forces at those hours?  The problem though is US has the numbers to do hit either one of us with Brits/Dutch in the US time and they hit before most of us get home from work so it's not even US prime time since they are mostly Eastern time it seems.  But either Dane are going to go all out on them or they are just going to stop playing until the next wipe/patch.  If more and more players stop playing than we will get a merger and they willl not like playing to EU style of the game.  But hay the good thing is we can fill there off hour port battles better?  

just on a side note i really like the effort you guys are putting into this, so i'll jump to pvp2. i've been on pvp2 before and i really liked it , just didnt have any time to play in the last few months but instead of jumping back on 1 , i'll jump to 2. good effort mates , keep it up .

Edited by BoomBox
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, BoomBox said:

just on a side note i really like the effort you guys are putting into this, so i'll jump to pvp2. i've been on pvp2 before and i really liked it , just didnt have any time to play in the last few months but instead of jumping back on 1 , i'll jump to 2. good effort mates , keep it up .

We need some experience players in France - we can supply the ships and money...    just message me - elricthetwo in the game, and on here...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BoomBox said:

just on a side note i really like the effort you guys are putting into this, so i'll jump to pvp2. i've been on pvp2 before and i really liked it ,

Cool! PVP2 needs quality players who want what is good for the game. Although I'm sure most nations would welcome you, Elric seems to be putting together something good for France. 

Any one got word on  the Pounce battle?  I heard Dans/Swedes got about 20 in there but US/Brits had 25 with a bunch of US/Brits and Dutch out side screening along with Pirates and a French out side.  Though wouldn't mind if some one could post the actually screen of the numbers and results.  Prob going to be worse tomorrow for SD cause that is not Dane prime time.   Well there goes one more small nation being pushed to one region.  I'm sure they will flip the last one next.    US/Brtis are just killing this server with there actions.  They are the only ones zerging folks and they keep thinking it's every one else.   Well since the ship wipe prob aren't going to happen any time soon and the Danes said they prob going to sat low until the next patch or wipe this means they are now out of the game.   

Good job prob killing the server more. Just when some of the fights between Danes and Dutch was actually getting decent in the none important zones.3

• Like 1

As far as I'm concerned.

1. I don't plan on shooting French players unless I'm shot first. To which then I only will go after "that" player

2. the territory the Dutch own in the south seems to be just suitable, so I personally don't see a reason to march on north towards Dane/Swede waters anymore. In most cases the Dutch attacks have been in response of Badbenny and his bunch creating chaos as usual. I don't think this will ever be resolved.

3. I think what's becoming an issue is that there seems to be absolutely no agreement on which regions can be "swapped" or "contested" over because one of the nations always considers it vital or important to have.

I seriously think we need to drop the "Zerg nations are ruining the server" act. It is not the sole reason of a server being ruined, but instead a series of patches and additions, if you can call them additions, that changed the game to such a point that had a lot of players leave and have yet to come back and play...if they ever decide to do. Honestly? The PvP2 server, apart from France and Spain, has a healthy population in each nation for the amount of players who play throughout the day. Some nations are just going to have more territory than others. If you want port battles, you have to force an issue or war, to which apparently a lot of side-show nations just love to hop in and tell the rest of us how "game killing" this is.

I mean for christ sake guys, have you been out there in the Antilles when there isn't a port battle? There is practically nothing to do there, and no one to hit. The game is currently structured in such a way that you have to "find" people in a mission, to which you can't really find easily. Then a port battle time spawns and everyone waits until then. Why waste 2 to 4 hours searching open waters and likely get no action, when you can guaranteed action, whether it's lopsided or not, at a port battle at a specific time.

All this sperging is getting extremely dull and since the beginning of port battles with flag conquest it's always ALWAYS been the same thing.

Danes/Swede vs Dutch/US - This is one of the more even conflicts I've seen. The only catch is that both sides have their large numbers operating in a different timezone. So either way there will almost always be a lopsided number.

France - gets stuck in the middle, if it was my choice, They would have Basse Terre and Point a Prite back without conflict, but I'm not the decision maker and the Swedes currently control them.

Pirates - seem to have this complex relationship where any nation that does anything, seems to personally affect Pirates to such a point that they become insulted at everything. Can't you Pirate bros just do your privateering in peace? it's like you think you're the server police or something.

US/Brit - I wish they'd fight each other. But every time they do, someone always goes to "third party" the war, which ends up enticing the US and Brits to ally again because of the outside menace.

First step towards Server stability? Time to stop accusing everyone else is ruining the game for others. I have and had good friends in the Pirate nation, but the Pirate nation isn't the angel here, and neither are any of the other nations. Misinformation is said all the time because, as someone else put it, the rate at which each nation has a new "leader" is too fast for any political situation to come to the table before someone gets hurt or mad and then we all go back to pointing fingers.

Wanting peace and spliting regions up to who gets what is dumb, there must be conflict I say, because conflict means we get to use all the ships we own. We really need some type of agreement from all nations that War IS OK, that pushing a nation to their home region IS OK. That once that nation has been pushed back, they get some regions back and a certain amount of time to rebuild. SOME SYSTEM, any god damn system to create some order so that nations can say they won "wars" and ALSO give the nations that lost a war time to rebuild to try again.

I am entirely open to talking to anyone who would like at least some form of agreement from most "heads" of all nations that think the same way. Will it happen? I don't know, history shows it won't here.

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 4

First step towards Server stability? Time to stop accusing everyone else is ruining the game for others. I have and had good friends in the Pirate nation, but the Pirate nation isn't the angel here, and neither are any of the other nations. Misinformation is said all the time because, as someone else put it, the rate at which each nation has a new "leader" is too fast for any political situation to come to the table before someone gets hurt or mad and then we all go back to pointing fingers.

Wanting peace and spliting regions up to who gets what is dumb, there must be conflict I say, because conflict means we get to use all the ships we own. We really need some type of agreement from all nations that War IS OK, that pushing a nation to their home region IS OK. That once that nation has been pushed back, they get some regions back and a certain amount of time to rebuild. SOME SYSTEM, any god damn system to create some order so that nations can say they won "wars" and ALSO give the nations that lost a war time to rebuild to try again.

I am entirely open to talking to anyone who would like at least some form of agreement from most "heads" of all nations that think the same way. Will it happen? I don't know, history shows it won't here.

Completely agree. Change also wont happen over night as well. This will take time. We have a meeting of the political factions to discuss this in a few days. Hopefully we can agree or at least find some common ground over these issues.

Edited by PolishMartyr
  • Like 1

In all likelihood by tomorrow morning, There will be a Dutch/GB/USA alliance with around 75% of the players controlling the majority of crafting regions and the majority of Silver.  The Danes/French/Swedes/Spanish will have no effective crafting regions and very limited access to Silver and other crafting materials.

With the USA/GB taking Ponce yesterday, yet another region with silver now controlled by the USA/GB alliance.  If (really when) GB takes the Dane region today (scheduled by the GB at around 4am time for most of the Dane players - nice timing guys...) there wont' be a single decent crafting region left for the Danes/Swedes/French/Spanish.

I am all for contesting regions and promoting PB's / PvP.  But at the moment, not only do the Dutch/USA/GB have the numbers, but they can craft better ships all loaded out with gold mods. 

I know there is a planned discussion this Sunday.

I would like to see a basic agreement or framework on allowing each nation a select number of 'safe haven' ports containing at least 1 'good' crafting region - and access to some of the scarce resources - silver in particular.

• Like 2

All these posts about doing this and doing that, specially from players that have no real power or influence on their nations "politics" are very amusing! At the end of the day, nothing changes. The French never get any help, lose all their ports and pretty much don't exist( sadly), the Danes will follow in the same footsteps since their only clan really doesn't play apart some port battles they might show up to. A handful of Swedish players and whatever pirates are also left will be the only thing fighting this mega hyper ultra super care bear alliance!

Eventually I think the brits will betray the us (they're pretty good at it!) and some excitement will come back to the server but pirates need to hide because if we put 15 pirates together in a 1st rate, everybody will lose their shit and go back to an alliance as fast as possible 

2 hours ago, Simon Cadete said:

All these posts about doing this and doing that, specially from players that have no real power or influence on their nations "politics" are very amusing! At the end of the day, nothing changes. The French never get any help, lose all their ports and pretty much don't exist( sadly), the Danes will follow in the same footsteps since their only clan really doesn't play apart some port battles they might show up to. A handful of Swedish players and whatever pirates are also left will be the only thing fighting this mega hyper ultra super care bear alliance!

Eventually I think the brits will betray the us (they're pretty good at it!) and some excitement will come back to the server but pirates need to hide because if we put 15 pirates together in a 1st rate, everybody will lose their shit and go back to an alliance as fast as possible 

I can't disagree...  sadly, the mechanics allow this.  So hopefully the devs will do something to either provide minimal resources for nations to keep those players playing, or have a defined end game to trigger a total reset and restart.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ElricTheTwo said:

I can't disagree...  sadly, the mechanics allow this.  So hopefully the devs will do something to either provide minimal resources for nations to keep those players playing, or have a defined end game to trigger a total reset and restart.

I love and have advocated for an end game reset. Maybe once one (or 2 or 3) nation is pushed to one region (or like they once mentioned allowing capital regions to be capturable and assimilating that nation into an alliance) that the game is reset. Each nation would then receive some sort of valor gifts and/or recognition to players in forms of badges or medals based on how many points they received during that time.
I could also see this being set to a time limit...so maybe every 4 months a reset or once 1-3 nations are captured, depending on which happens first.

38 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

I love and have advocated for an end game reset. Maybe once one (or 2 or 3) nation is pushed to one region (or like they once mentioned allowing capital regions to be capturable and assimilating that nation into an alliance) that the game is reset. Each nation would then receive some sort of valor gifts and/or recognition to players in forms of badges or medals based on how many points they received during that time.
I could also see this being set to a time limit...so maybe every 4 months a reset or once 1-3 nations are captured, depending on which happens first.

I sort of agree with this but unfortunately this is a player driven game and people don't change.   Same people will do the same things over and over.

• Like 1

Just now, Neverdead Ned said:

I sort of agree with this but unfortunately this is a player driven game and people don't change.   Same people will do the same things over and over.

Perhaps, but maybe if there is some huge gift/reward incentive to a underpopulated nation for survival or most captured regions or something of the sort at reset might help.

I don't know if it is still the same, but when I first joined NA, I was presented with choices of who to join, and notes saying which was hard and which was easy...  I joined Pirates as they were shown as hard - that was at a time when the pirates ruled a big chunk of the map - so I rerolled my character a few weeks later to France.

If this is still the same, then it needs to change - and yes, give incentives to new players to join the nations that need new players.  It could be a simple bonus, a couple of redeemable snows or some extra gold - just get players to join where it makes the most sense in balancing the game.  Even block entry to the top 1-2 nations if their active membership is too high.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, ElricTheTwo said:

I don't know if it is still the same, but when I first joined NA, I was presented with choices of who to join, and notes saying which was hard and which was easy...  I joined Pirates as they were shown as hard - that was at a time when the pirates ruled a big chunk of the map - so I rerolled my character a few weeks later to France.

If this is still the same, then it needs to change - and yes, give incentives to new players to join the nations that need new players.  It could be a simple bonus, a couple of redeemable snows or some extra gold - just get players to join where it makes the most sense in balancing the game.  Even block entry to the top 1-2 nations if their active membership is too high.

Also the nation regional bonuses need to be in the home regions and possibly duplicated in other regions or maybe just a percentage change of the bonus like:
British Refit available in KPR region at the full amount then also available at say Windward Islands at minus 10 or 20% of the full refit bonus at KPR.

15 minutes ago, ElricTheTwo said:

It is the same. We had a dutch guy the other day come on and say he was ready to fight the Spanish to defend the Dutch.

• Like 1