thewuif

Naval Action Craft

302 posts in this topic

do you have a list of fine logs needed for each ship/quality?

Doesn't the API give you this info? If not I can post all the mats tonight when I get home.

well time for me to say thank you for all the damn hard work you put into that site. we'd all be lost without , i know i would . Bunch of thanks man , for the hard work and thanks for keeping it up to date.

Doesn't the API give you this info? If not I can post all the mats tonight when I get home.

the API currently doesn't show the data for "fine" wood. maybe they will update the API soon.

First of all, thank you very much for the great site that helped me A LOT when I first came into this game. And it still helps even more. ;)

I noticed on the map there is no free town that is just south of Sisal in the gulf area. Since I am not at home i can't check the name of it, but I remember it also starts with an S.

Once again, thanx for all the hard work you're putting in for us lazy gits.  :D

Hello,

first I like to say thanks to thewuif for this site.

Do you get the Infos for the map also from the API?

I ask because the habors of Aransas and El Rancho are inverted. Is this a failure?

regards

Berend

PS: I think they will change something at the API in the next weeks.

Hello,

first I like to say thanks to thewuif for this site.

Do you get the Infos for the map also from the API?

I ask because the habors of Aransas and El Rancho are inverted. Is this a failure?

regards

Berend

PS: I think they will change something at the API in the next weeks.

the problem with the map and the api is, that i only get som strange X/Y Coordinates for the ports. I don't know how to convert them to latitude/longitude to show on a map. Anyone knowing this?

for now i entered the coordinates for each port by myself, so they are not updateing with the api (only port info does)

Thanks for all the work keeping up the site and maps. I noticed that some of the free ports locations are switched:

Cayo Biscano should be where Cabo Canaveral is on your map and Key West has switched places with Las Tortugas.

Yeah, im not sure how you made your original map either. Whatever you did to seed the town and city markers, you may need to redo/rework it with the new ports locations. 

Because the devs simply changed the names and locations of the freeports, thats why La Desirade is where plymouth is and Plymouth is nowhere to be found. It seems that your map cant self update when new ports are added.

La Moussette is also missing, as well as island harbor, cul-de-sac, and sandy hill. Hat island is also in the wrong place.

La Navasse is also in the wrong place, but Ile a Vache no longer exists.

I could go on listing, but to keep it simple, 

Every new port that wasnt a free town is missing from the map, as well as most old towns that were free towns. New free towns are usually located in the wrong spot. 

This patch is really screwing with you, hope youre successful in figuring it out.

Thanks much!

the problem with the map and the api is, that i only get som strange X/Y Coordinates for the ports. I don't know how to convert them to latitude/longitude to show on a map. Anyone knowing this?

for now i entered the coordinates for each port by myself, so they are not updateing with the api (only port info does)

What are the X/Y coordinates you get from the API? I don't have access to the API, but if you could post data from API on all or several Ports, perhaps we could figure it out?  Perhaps they are using a local coordinate system based on their map size and not necessarily real Long and Lat.

Just made a bigger Update!

• Ship Data is now loaded via API and should update automatically
  • Some additional data added to the ships page
  • New wood types added for ships (Mahogany, Bermuda Cedar)
  • Calculation improvements for building ships/modules (now it should result in less "Left Over Materials")

Map positions update still missing as i try to figure out how to use the x/y position from the API.

Edited by thewuif
2 people like this

Is this the place for pitching suggestions?

Anyway. How about a tab (or maybe map integration, if possible) where players can submit recent ship sightings. Much like what many nation chats already look like right now (see image for example). This would be a great tool for traders knowing what regions to be careful in, and for PVP'ers to know where to find a fight. I am confident it would be quite popular. I would certainly keep my eyes on it myself and contribute to the sightings.

5yHltIj.png

maps should also be up to date.

Please report if you find some missing/wrong port.

Edited by thewuif

The XY coordinates of the ports are (essentially) the 'F11' coordinates.

Flatts Bermuda:  "Position":{"x":-657000.014685095,"y":0,"z":-791600.017693639}

The F11 coords are 657000, 791600

You should be able to pick a point in Bermuda, and one in the SW corner of the map, and with that data figure out how to convert from F11 to latitude and longitude of the In game map.

longitude = c0 + c1 * X

latitude = c2 + c3 * Y

where c0, c1, c2, c3 are the unknown constants.

Or you could take several data points and find the best fit to your data.

Just made a bigger Update!

• Ship Data is now loaded via API and should update automatically
  • Some additional data added to the ships page
  • New wood types added for ships (Mahogany, Bermuda Cedar)
  • Calculation improvements for building ships/modules (now it should result in less "Left Over Materials")

Map positions update still missing as i try to figure out how to use the x/y position from the API.

looked at ship building and its missing the Fine logs for the higher ship grades.  Everything from Common to Exceptional needs some number of Fine Logs (type that is the same as the wood used for the ships) that varies based on grades to go along witht eh crafting notes.  I don't know the exact numbers for all of them unfortunately just know that it is needed.

looked at ship building and its missing the Fine logs for the higher ship grades.  Everything from Common to Exceptional needs some number of Fine Logs (type that is the same as the wood used for the ships) that varies based on grades to go along witht eh crafting notes.  I don't know the exact numbers for all of them unfortunately just know that it is needed.

api dosn't include the fine wood yet, so i cant show it.

Is this still a thing?  It it updated.  Maintained?

I just sold some Swedish Iron at Kingston/Port Royal for 1650 Gold and this site list Swedish Iron maxing out for sail at 867 gold.  It doesn't have a port for Kingston/Port Royal.

It seems unmaintained, a shame really because it was the best crafting site out there :(

Regarding shop prices, I think the site automatically updates every so often. I'm not sure but it might be 1/day. 

just tryed to update the page for patch 10.0 (hope nothing is missing)

2 people like this

27 minutes ago, thewuif said:

just tryed to update the page for patch 10.0 (hope nothing is missing)

Think planks are missing in craft ship section. Thanks for keeping the site updated :) 

Posted (edited)

On 28/05/2017 at 11:32 AM, Knallkorp said:

Think planks are missing in craft ship section. Thanks for keeping the site updated :) 

Planks and ballast now come under ship trim, which was never included in the craft ship section

@thewuif, I think I worked out the ship trims, though I need to get back into game to check them  It seems quantities are all based off ship mass. I don't know if you can incorporate this into your site:

Trim,Item,Multiplier
Bermuda Planking,Ballast,0.04
Bermuda Planking,Bermuda Cedar Planks,0.11
Crew Space,Ballast,0.03
Crew Space,Canvas Rolls,0.04
Crew Space,Oak Planks,0.1
Crew Space,Provisions,0.02
Fir Planking,Ballast,0.04
Fir Planking,Fir Planks,0.1
Mahogany Planking,Ballast,0.03
Mahogany Planking,Mahogany Planks,0.13
Oak Planking,Ballast,0.03
Oak Planking,Oak Planks,0.17
Sabicu Planking,Ballast,0.03
Sabicu Planking,Sabicu Planks,0.17
Teak Planking,Ballast,0.03
Teak Planking,Teak Planks,0.14
White Oak Planking,White Oak Planks,0.19
White Oak Planking,Ballast,0.02

Edit: Fir Ballast qty corrected.

Further edit: @thewuif, sorry: forgot to say how much I love your site. Thank you for your excellent work.

Final edit: Just checked against Constitution and Cutter. For fractions, round down.

Another edit: Canvas Rolls added to Crew Space

Edited by Remus

Posted (edited)

Webpage works well, but:
- It does exclude "Shop Prices" data about Ports that can buy a Resource, but at the moment have 0 pieces in stock, so in game it does not show in GUI aswell, until you show up in that port with that resource, mostly those are best profit items (consumed ones). For Example: "Parisian Furniture" does not show "Kingston/Port Royal", it would be like 380k there but best "profit" option showed by your webpage is only 220k. In game Trader tool shows it properly, so i'm forced to use your page and Trader tool.
- I miss item weights showed by their names in "Shop Prices"
- We cannot sort by the columns inside each Resource list (tree expanded).

Edited by Darayavahus

Website also shows e.g. shipyard level 2 for Agamemnon which requires shipyard level 3 as we know