Game-Labs Forum

Teleporting with cargo, solving the issue

Teleport with cargo, penalties ?  

271 members have voted

1. 1. Teleport with cargo should be...

• expanded, with possibility to teleport to outpost
    • left as now, 4h cooldown to capital
    • less frequent : increase teleport cooldown
    • penalized with a tax on cargo (30 to 50% for example)
    • not possible at all (cargo is lost on teleport, warning message beforehands)
    • not possible at all, teleporting should be fully deleted
    • Other, please comment

Hello there gentlemen,

Teleporting with cargo can be easily exploited : your capital is out of stock of iron/oak etc ? Teleport to your outpost the evening. The morning, buy everything, teleport back to capital. Sell.

I believe it will be detrimental for gameplay, as owning ports and securing trade routes would mean nothing. 

So here we go, what do you think about it ? Should devs do something against it ?

Some suggestions :

- impose a tax on cargo on teleport, which make it far less lucrative.

- increase teleport cooldown, which makes it less spammable. For example, once a day.

- make it impossible to teleport with cargo, losing the cargo in the process

- deleting teleport altogether (which raises issues of how travelling around that big map)

• Like 4

I wouldn't mind cargo above some cut-off point simply being thrown overboard. Allow some small amount (around 100? 50?) to stay, because at this point why not.

(INB4 Because unfair and gamebraking that some people can get 0.00001% more gold because of that trick, it's abuse and makes game absolutely unplayable!)

I would make teleportation countdown cancel invisibility and invulnerability. These mechanics should not co-exist.

I would remove ability to teleport to outposts. In PvP a group being able to teleport to a outpost in free town removes the whole need to group up and go.

I wouldn't remove teleport overall. Let's not be children here, even if teleport still gave you that amazing advantage of... being capable of owning life for example... it's a video game. It's not a court of law, it's not a corporate business enterprise where every 1% counts. That 1% doesn't count. It provides some ease of use on the other hand.

I see a lot of people arguing that everyone should be miserable because this is war and people who pay to play the war should suffer. Let's not go there for once.

We're talking about the teleport issue for months already :)
I like your suggestions... And while I understand that having no teleport is not possible anymore, I would really strongly suggest to make teleport with cargo impossible. The "Teleport to Capital" was introduced for players who got lost at sea, not to cut trading routes in half.

• Like 2

No teleporting with cargo ever it will not happen. 

And traders will no longer go in search of goods, risk is barely an issue, it's ludicrous to believe traders will sail 5 hours in one direction to do a trade run and then do the same amount of sailing just to return, the distances are too great and there is nowhere near enough profit in it to sail that long, it'll be easier to earn money doing PvP and PvE.

• Like 1

And traders will no longer go in search of goods, risk is barely an issue, it's ludicrous to believe traders will sail 5 hours in one direction to do a trade run and then do the same amount of sailing just to return, the distances are too great and there is nowhere near enough profit in it to sail that long, it'll be easier to earn money doing PvP and PvE.

Then fix the profits, do not keep the problem.

I believe there will be more and bigger trade ships in the future. Seeing just how much raw materials present one have I do believe it would be ok to make 1-2h trade trips if they allowed you to stock up fully.

As for 5h trips... well, if you want to for some reason park right in the middle of enemy nation just to pick up something at a free port... you're right, there will be no profit and no risk :) "Risk" assumes you have a chance to get out :D

• Like 1

Then fix the profits, do not keep the problem.

I believe there will be more and bigger trade ships in the future. Seeing just how much raw materials present one have I do believe it would be ok to make 1-2h trade trips if they allowed you to stock up fully.

As for 5h trips... well, if you want to for some reason park right in the middle of enemy nation just to pick up something at a free port... you're right, there will be no profit and no risk :) "Risk" assumes you have a chance to get out :D

Big trade ships are an issue in themselves, seems ppl are using the increase space to pick ports clean, the cargo capacity currently ingame far outstrips the production levels of ports, even Ports that produce 9k of a resource daily are nearly empty at all times so 1-2h wont cut it in the near future.

All those ppl talking about raiding, strategically securing trade hubs and routes ... cmon guys, the features needed arent ingame really and blockading you might be able to do with a handful of ports, with resource distribution as it is, its hardly worth the effort.

More money for the devs. Good.

But regardless, teleporting goods through the whole map on a regular basis takes away a bunch of tactical decisions.

The amount of players actually enjoying hauling over time is 1 out of 100. The amount of player traders getting captured or sunk is smaller. We can't ignore this when we want to make a fun game.

• Like 1

I voted "other", since I don't see any logic in the current teleportation system at all.

First off: There's an eco system, and as I assume, this will be an integral part of RvR, and as such, hauling will be a part of getting the RvR eco to work.

Second: pirates are here to capture cargo from every one, nationals can capture cargo from anyone except their own nationals.

And so, we're allowed to teleport with cargo...

To not make it have such an impact, we limit teleports to once each 4th hour or whatever it is.

If we want to engage in PvP, we'd better hope it's close to where we are with our ships, since teleporting to another outpost where we do have ships really isn't an issue, since it'll ruin our chances for a risk-free cargo teleport. Even if we'd use our teleport to get to a ship for PvP, once that gunning is over, we're stuck at that end, and for us to be able to endorse in more PvP, we'll just have to hope for more to show in the area, or wait for the teleport timer.

There might be a thought behind this that makes sense, I don't see it though. Cargo should be hauled, period, while teleporting between outposts where you have ships should be doable if not free, than at least more often.

Having a system where you can be trapped in a completely different part of the map than where you're needed while at the same time basically making cargo hauls immune towards capture just seem to go straight against some core parts.

Use teleport to increase the availability for PvP, and remove its ability to shift cargo across the caribbean. If something about the sailing in this game should take time it should be cargo hauling, not trying to link up or gather up for PvP.

• Like 2

The Delivery ( AI teleport ) system albeit expensive is very good to move enormous amounts of tonnage around BUT... it is invisible as well.

Delivery system could effectively generate the AI traders that make the hauling and thus give even more traffic and thus if they are intercepted and captured... tough luck.

Denying resources is as important as taking ports.  Hopefully further down he development we can see this happen.

• Like 1

It does seem that the whole trading system is broken with the teleport cargo system. Pirates never look for player trader ships to raid, because there are none. Those cannons behind your traders brig will never be needed. Crafted trading ships are worth well near nothing because people only use them once, to teleport to capital. Nations planning to capture specific nearby ports for resources doesn't really happen because the materials are available from an unrealistically far supply location across the map.  

I don't see why anyone would feel entitled to be able to trade by just teleporting every night and morning. And destroying all the cargo would suffice. The teleport system in all other cases is an extremely effective way of enabling people to play together and I support any steps in that direction. 

We're talking about the teleport issue for months already :)

I like your suggestions... And while I understand that having no teleport is not possible anymore, I would really strongly suggest to make teleport with cargo impossible. The "Teleport to Capital" was introduced for players who got lost at sea, not to cut trading routes in half.

Just to clarify, it does not cut trading routes in half, but cuts them completely. By sending captured trading ships to outposts, you can teleport there at night, buy goods, and teleport to capital with the ship when you wake up. It is 100% risk-less, and extremely lucrative, even with very small margins.

• Like 1

I voted for teleport being fully deleted.

The main problem, IMHO, is the PvP. Let's imagine that a nation attacks an important conquerable city with many outpost. As soon as they attack they would encounter hundreds of player teleporting to the outpost for defending the city...

That in my opinion is very unacceptable.

Secondo, teleport is being abused right one in trading... no more words needed in this topic.

• Like 1

I voted for teleport being fully deleted.

The main problem, IMHO, is the PvP. Let's imagine that a nation attacks an important conquerable city with many outpost. As soon as they attack they would encounter hundreds of player teleporting to the outpost for defending the city...

That in my opinion is very unacceptable.

Secondo, teleport is being abused right one in trading... no more words needed in this topic.

Yeah, I was thinking about the impact teleports have on PvP as well. I do think it benefits PvP though to have teleport, since it's a really big map. Sure, as you say, this could mean a RDF comes in to counter a port attack, but that at least will be PvP. Without the teleport and considering the huge map and the so far relatively low number of players, ports will be mainly undefended, and that's no PvP at all. Worst case each nation picks off undefended ports in certain areas, never really coming into clinch with each other.

The RvR/PvP could work without teleport on this map with a huge amount of players though. But that's not what it's like.

• Like 1

Yeah, I was thinking about the impact teleports have on PvP as well. I do think it benefits PvP though to have teleport, since it's a really big map. Sure, as you say, this could mean a RDF comes in to counter a port attack, but that at least will be PvP. Without the teleport and considering the huge map and the so far relatively low number of players, ports will be mainly undefended, and that's no PvP at all. Worst case each nation picks off undefended ports in certain areas, never really coming into clinch with each other.

The RvR/PvP could work without teleport on this map with a huge amount of players though. But that's not what it's like.

I'm thinking when NA will have online 10k? 15k? Players online at the same moment... think about that... 

I'm thinking when NA will have online 10k? 15k? Players online at the same moment... think about that... 

That is about 5x the players there is today, and I actually don't think that is enough. Consider the time it takes to move on this map. With 5x the players, there will maybe be some players close by, or close enough to have time to react.

Still, I would love if nations had the amount of players so there would be like a dividing up into regions for different clans, areas to patrol and such. But with non-optimal conditions, you have to remember sailing from Kingstown to Fort Royal can take 5 minutes or so, maybe more. Then zoom out to see the full map.

I doubt even 10-15k players will be enough, sadly.