Game-Labs Forum

Beautiful Early American Frigate USS Virginia 1776

Ragnar can you take more screens of the ship with the black on the stearn?

It will maybe look different then? But right now the red looks a lot better then the black due to the other colours, also it would be very odd to have one section in one colour (not normaly done).

I wish it as well.Maybe a kind American with access to archives or any other could help you on that.

By the way while I was searching for pictures for the Virginia I came across a lovely model of an American privateer called Oliver Cromwell.I think she is posted in the forums.It is worth taking a look at it ;)

I like the black sides but I dont like the black stearn.

But if it have to be one colour on those parts then red, because having the whole rear black is not looking good.

But otherwise black on the sides and red on the stearn

So it would be interesting in how the black sides would look with the red back. Because with the black back the transition on the colour from black<yellow<black its to strong, but with black<yellow<red its a more nicer transition of colour according to me. But the black sides looks really good.

Also thank you Ragnar :D

Edited by Tomms123
  • Like 1

thank you very much sir it does show her rig.... I have been working from a painting for the paint scheme, which has very nice colours but then i do like the paint scheme on this model as well.... cant decide now lol

Looking at all the ships ingame, im getting a little tired of the yellow/black combination. Just saying. :P

I fear she will probably have the black stern, although ships of the period were far more brightly painted than people think! Plus when i have textured her she will be toned down a lot!

Go with your heart, the Cerb is painted a salmon color after all. That navy brig is pretty colorful too. :)