Game-Labs Forum

Encourage Grouping - It's An Mmo

So, I'm sure you all have noticed. If you are grouping with friends for admiralty missions, one friend gets much more EXP than the other, the other however barely gets any. This effectively discourages grouping. Doing missions on your own right now is far more rewarding than doing it with a group. I do not think it is the intention to discourage people to team up. it's an MMO afterall.

I suggest a feature which adjusts the admiralty missions to the amount of players joining the battle. Sharing the EXP together so it earns about equally as much as on your own.

• Like 2

Could we also please have the following things to making grouping easier?

1) Group members are not invisible to each other while the invisibility timer is running

2) Group member mission signs are visible to each other

2)a) Make group mission markers a different color from your own

2)B) Make your own mission markers a different color from everyone else in the world

2)c) Make mission markers a different symbol from battles. Yes, I know they are a different heights over the water, but can't you figure out some better way to distinguish them?

3) Group members share and can assign loot rewards after the battle. Especially captured ships. 

4) Group members can see the repair status of their groupmates in the open world. Even a general Repair % number next to each player's name in the group window would be nice.

5) Reduce the penalty for friendly fire, at least for group mates. I understand wanting to penalize team killers / griefers/ sloppy shooting, but sometimes a cannon ball flies wild, or someone makes an unexpected take, or a wave rolls you up at the last second. If I am in a group and I hit an ally, chances are it isn't malicious. 

6) Give some kind of XP rewards for sail damage. 

This is just a list of things that comes immediately to mind. I am sure there are plenty others if I sat down and thought about it. Right now Naval Action is shockingly unfriendly towards grouping, which seems strange in a naval game, to say the least. 

• Like 1

I'd like to see group ONLY missions spawn at ports, with much higher xp and gold gains that literally require a group and are pretty much impossible to complete without one. You're right that missions is pretty much a solo thing now as most people won't get anything from helping you out. Grouping is only really necessary in PVP and when capturing traders or much bigger ships.

• Like 1

I second Jord's desire to have missions for groups.  This would help to get newer players (such as myself) functioning in a group, taking or giving orders to the fleet that you are in.

I would suggest that the missions be rate limited, such that there is a maximum rate of ship that your fleet can utilize in order to complete the mission.

(Much more difficult to implement suggestion) I would also suggest that there be a separate pennant be available to signal that ships are in a fleet together.

There should be group missions indeed. here are a few things these missions need to have.

1. everyone will get the mission reward if theyre on the same level. ( meaning that everyone will get the reward that usually is only for the host of the mission)
this means that people with a much higher level will get the same reward as the host and people with lower level than the host will get that xp and gold reward based on their level.

2. when the group gets bigger the amount of enemys need to increase.

otherwise missions will get too easy to complete. the number of enemies you face needs to be adjusted to the size of your group.

3.The ai needs to be better as well. right now they lock on one player and keep shooting at that player no matter what. even if it means shooting OVER somone else.

4. The mission markers of group members should show on your map and need to have a different color than the others.

well thats it.

• Like 1

There should be group missions indeed. here are a few things these missions need to have.

1. everyone will get the mission reward if theyre on the same level. ( meaning that everyone will get the reward that usually is only for the host of the mission)

this means that people with a much higher level will get the same reward as the host and people with lower level than the host will get that xp and gold reward based on their level.

2. when the group gets bigger the amount of enemys need to increase.

otherwise missions will get too easy to complete. the number of enemies you face needs to be adjusted to the size of your group.

3.The ai needs to be better as well. right now they lock on one player and keep shooting at that player no matter what. even if it means shooting OVER somone else.

4. The mission markers of group members should show on your map and need to have a different color than the others.

well thats it.

SIgned