Game-Labs Forum

Clan tags on Open World

if they are only visible through the spyglass sure!

Add that option and I might vote.

I think the "I like turtles" helps with that suggestion. it serves as an "other idea" type of thing. But i think it would be good idea to try.

No need, this isn't ArcheAge. In fact I wish it didnt tell you Nation or player name. You should have to sail close enough to see the nations colors or take the chance. 

For this we need to actually be able to see anything in the OW though, i.e. having a functioning telescope.

• Like 2

I see a lot of people wanting a different way of identifying clan affiliation, but everyone needs to realize that this is one of the least important details of the game. It is much easier to simply add clan tags for the time being until there is a better solution to identifying other ships. The poll tells the story though, most people would like a way to identify with their clan when on the open world, I would love to hear from the Admin if this is an easy addition to the game.

• Like 2

maybe within your nation and thats it. infact i would go as far as to say you shouldnt even see the name of other captains from other nations or pirates, only the flag is needed.

Agree. It would be great to remove enemy names from OW. I'd love not knowing whether I'm attacking an AI or a Player.

I dont want any floating tags in OW. 

But in battle, I'd like to see 2 things..

1. Either Clan "logo" or personalized logo on sails.

2. Either Clan "logo" or personalized Flag on ship (for example on top of mast, NOT REPLACING the national flag).

Either way... personally I'm leaning to having clan-sails and personal flag... I mean it would look great when you sail with your clan having all the same sails... and then your individual banner/flag flying from your main mast to distinquish and identify you... 

- Finuc -

• Like 1

Indeed we do have the tags inside the battles and it is a great sight to see organized fleets arrayed for battle or even small flotillas engaging wherever they meet.

As we all first and foremost chose a nation to play for I guess the clan is simply a "regional" thing. Not opposed to it just stated opinion as any other player.

What is the real problem of not having them displayed in the OW ?

If anything in neither benefits nor prejudices the gameplay ( except maybe for some feuds that may escalate quickly ).

Quite trivial choice.

What is the real problem of not having them displayed in the OW ?

If anything in neither benefits nor prejudices the gameplay ( except maybe for some feuds that may escalate quickly ).

Quite trivial choice.

For Pirates it really is a necessity, we need to be able to identify friendly pirates vs enemy pirates. Also it helps if a National clan wants to "ally" itself with a clan from another faction, it allows them to distinguish friend from enemy.

• Like 1