Game-Labs Forum

How to: Clans/Guilds

I've been playing this game for a few weeks now. Now that the game is ready to release into Early Access, I had a few questions, that I can't seem to find answers on yet.

I would hope that anyone with this knowledge could share and teach, not only me, but newer players about how Clans/Guilds work.

How do you make/form a Clan/Guild?

What is the point of joining in a Clan/Guild?

Any other useful information about Clans/Guilds?

Thanks for any and all help!

Just above the chatbox there is a little icon, next to you friend list, which opens the clan tab. There you can create a clan, or if you are in one, see who is online.

The point of joining a clan is either for fun, or out of neccesity. Meaning you either like the guys in the clan, or there are guys who harass you which you need protection from.

Not sure what you are asking here, do you mean mechanics?

Some clans have been dominant/representative of a nation, from the beginnings of the open world. They have a certain reputation amongst the old guard and current diplomacy stands and falls on that reputation and trustworthyness.

Clans can also provide certain gravity to situations. I recall an incident where dutch fresh spawn were being clubbed by foreigners. As soon as we sternly requested the guys in question to leave the area, the clubbing stopped. Eventhough they werent part of thr clan, they enjoyed the benefits of what an organization can bring.

• Like 1

This may help

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/1734-list-of-posted-naval-action-groupsnavies-updated-may-29-2015/

As to how to make one just look at the tabs above the chat function when in game, find the clan tab and i think its 100K to star a new clan. To invite members find their name, right click and invite to your group.

if you are the creator you can also appoint clan officers.

The Point? to be social, to find further challenges. too many reasons to count.

• Like 1

Just above the chatbox there is a little icon, next to you friend list, which opens the clan tab. There you can create a clan, or if you are in one, see who is online.

The point of joining a clan is either for fun, or out of neccesity. Meaning you either like the guys in the clan, or there are guys who harass you which you need protection from.

Not sure what you are asking here, do you mean mechanics?

Some clans have been dominant/representative of a nation, from the beginnings of the open world. They have a certain reputation amongst the old guard and current diplomacy stands and falls on that reputation and trustworthyness.

Clans can also provide certain gravity to situations. I recall an incident where dutch fresh spawn were being clubbed by foreigners. As soon as we sternly requested the guys in question to leave the area, the clubbing stopped. Eventhough they werent part of thr clan, they enjoyed the benefits of what an organization can bring.

This may help

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/1734-list-of-posted-naval-action-groupsnavies-updated-may-29-2015/

As to how to make one just look at the tabs above the chat function when in game, find the clan tab and i think its 100K to star a new clan. To invite members find their name, right click and invite to your group.

if you are the creator you can also appoint clan officers.

The Point? to be social, to find further challenges. too many reasons to count.

Thank you very much for the helpful information.

I had the same question in a way, for example i would like to join the Dutch Antilles Squadron, because many people helped me and i helped some of them, and i had some good experiences with most of the clan members (Steelsandwich, konali, intwined & Dynd) but wat are they ask of me, to be a good clan member!? Joining a clan is easy, beeing a good clan member however, that takes some knowledge how the clan exactly operates.

Edited by Jacob van Heemskerck

• 1 year later...
1 minute ago, Justme said:

How does one request to join a clan? I don't see the option to request to join an existing clan in game.

Best is to ask about national / clan TS and then talk with the people.

1 hour ago, Justme said:

How does one request to join a clan? I don't see the option to request to join an existing clan in game.

What Sveno said is correct.

You cannot (preemptively) find a clan and click somewhere to join it. A clan must extend an invitation to you and then you can click to accept their invitation. 

How do you find a clan to get them to extend you an invitation?

There are several ways: (as Sveno said), ask about a specific clan, or clans in general in your nation chat or in the national teamspeak channel(if there is one); some clans have recruitment threads in the Guild/clan section of national news. Find the thread of a clan that you might be interested in and then post your interest in that thread or PM one of the listed clan contacts.

Many (but not all) clans may have some sort of a probabtionary or interview period where you and their members can chat/sail/interact with each other to see if you are a good fit for each other. Some clans will just issue you an invitation sight unseen. 

Clans offer a social component to the game where you can sail and work together with friends. You can help each other out (with Econ, with trading, with crafting & shipbuilding, with PvP and missions).

Your enjoyment/satisfaction of the game is what you make of it. 

Good luck with your search and with the game!