Game-Labs Forum

Important: Release information and next steps

Congratulations and I am amazingly excited to be able to concentrate on grinding without losing XP on any subsequent launch?

A mate asks for clarification on a few things.

a) Will he get his pre-order yacht permanently. As in with each wipe will he always get his pre-order yacht?

B ) Will there be further wipes assuming early access is this release NOT full release

c) If there are further wipes can you confirm as before that XP will be kept... thus allowing time invested not to be a complete loss. But that money and ships etc will be wiped on further release?

d) "5. 21th Jan - Several exceptional ships given to all captains who logged in from 19-21" - Does this mean the 19-21st jan upon release. Silly question I know. But just to be sure.

a.) yes

b.) It is possible with further wipes, but only economical ones. Like you lose ships and gold. Account progress wont be wiped.

c.) Yes

d.) Yes it means 19-21st january. You missed this sentence; "To receive the exceptional vessels you must login and create a character during head start. Only created characters will receive ships."

Edited by Kron

Congratulations and I am amazingly excited to be able to concentrate on grinding without losing XP on any subsequent launch?

A mate asks for clarification on a few things.

a) Will he get his pre-order yacht permanently. As in with each wipe will he always get his pre-order yacht?

B ) Will there be further wipes assuming early access is this release NOT full release

c) If there are further wipes can you confirm as before that XP will be kept... thus allowing time invested not to be a complete loss. But that money and ships etc will be wiped on further release?

d) "5. 21th Jan - Several exceptional ships given to all captains who logged in from 19-21" - Does this mean the 19-21st jan upon release. Silly question I know. But just to be sure.

1. i would assume so

2. There might be further asset wipes or partial wipes, probably no full wipes(although there is always a slight chance)

3. XP will be kept, it is even mentioned in the OP.

4. i would assume if you log in on 19th, 20th or 21st jan you get the exceptional ships, after that you wont get them.

4. There will be a long maintenance on the night between 20 and 21 January. 

5. Release date is 21 January. The release date depends on the time it takes for Valve to approve the release. It usually is done in under 3 days but sometimes can take longer. It will all depend on Valve now.

Short version

1. 17th Jan - Servers stopping 

2. 18th Jan - Data wipe

3. 19th Jan - Head start

4. 20th Jan - Long maintenance (approx 9pm CET till 9am CET next day)

5. 21th Jan - Several exceptional ships given to all captains who logged in from 19-21

6. 21th Jan - Release (tentative on valve timing)

Of course we know that most plans don't survive when the meet reality. We do not discount the possibility that something might change. The riskiest date is the release date itself. If Valve is slow the date will be moved forward.

Some clarifications: So I can make plans.

1. So we really have all day on the 19th and until 9pm CET (2:00 PM USA Central Time Zone) on the 20th to log on to get these "exceptional" ships. But do we have all day on the 21st to log on as well? So head start is really a day and a half or 2 and half days? 

2. Depending on Valve's 3 day release time frame does that mean release may not happen until the 23rd or 24th?

3. What time on the 19th will serves be up, 12:00 AM CET (midnight)?(5:00 PM US Central Standard time on the 18th) time zones are important here!

• Like 1

Huzzah! Outstanding to hear!

My only question is this: are we also to expect New content to coincide with EA?

waay to early for this, interface is a MUST before release on steam. so many that will put this game on the shelf at this stage.

Remember that this is only Early Access, not a full release. The game is still vet much in development.

so, is the GUI update been delayed after launch??? (not really important for me)

waay to early for this, interface is a MUST before release on steam. so many that will put this game on the shelf at this stage.

UI visuals have to be good looking and we prefer to design its final stage once most features/buttons/functions are added to the game. We know that officers/crew and some OW functions will force us to remake it. If we do it now we will waste too much time because we will have to rework it again and again. 

• Like 7

Outstanding News !!!!! It's a GREAT Game with outstanding community players through out the world. Been having fun playing and meeting a lot of great players. Here's to a successful launch date and that all goes as plan !!

Three Cheer's!!

Hoo Rah!! Hoo Rah!! Hoo Rah!! 

Congratulations with making the game ready for the masses, let them roll :)

Two small questions.

1. I know it would be extremely tentative, but at what time appromaxiately do you plan to start the headstart window at 19th?

2. There were a lot of rumours about a considerable amount of new ships for EA? Can you give any details on this?