Game-Labs Forum

Connectivity issues, lags, disconnects

raskolnikoff

Hello chaps.

I've had to re-download the game onto a new PC and now when I log in I am asked to create a new character rather than choose the one I already had. My original character does not appear at all and yet when I try and create a new character with the old name I am told this character already exists, so it must be in there somewhere. It's probably something embarrassingly obvious I know but I'm having a sustained geriatric moment so I hope you can help me out.

Hello chaps.

I've had to re-download the game onto a new PC and now when I log in I am asked to create a new character rather than choose the one I already had. My original character does not appear at all and yet when I try and create a new character with the old name I am told this character already exists, so it must be in there somewhere. It's probably something embarrassingly obvious I know but I'm having a sustained geriatric moment so I hope you can help me out.

You need to check that you use same Steam account, if problem will remain - please send me PM

• 5 weeks later...

Hello from rainy frigid Wiltshire UK.

I'm having a issue with the SHARD list.  

There is a choice of 3 including the designated EU one.

They have all been off for 2 days and i can't join the fray.

Any advice would be welcome .

Regards from us all in Devizes England.

• 2 weeks later...

Having a very similar issue. Only started today after midnight close to 1AM CET/GMT+1, been randomly getting logged out of OW and not been able to get back into game without restarting steam and game. Happened three times within ca one hour. Most of the time i can't get into login que, it stays at "Connecting to login queue" and then gives me error.

Edit: First time experiencing this after ca 7 days of playing the game. No other buggs experienced.

Edited by Alexander Reher

Hey Guys

I lost my Privateer today in a Battle which i join and there was 2v2 npc vs Players. Chat dosnt work, and after some time ship not sail anymore right or left, then Message that Battle Timed out.

In this Situation i have to wait 2 - 5 minutes and then battle end is showing.

That is regular Situation wen i join other battles, not missions. FPS or Ping always arround 20, and i have a more or less strong Internet abo.

Do you have any idea what it can be? Ist not cool to Play wen you have another ship than the free Cutter and loose it.

Hey Guys

I lost my Privateer today in a Battle which i join and there was 2v2 npc vs Players. Chat dosnt work, and after some time ship not sail anymore right or left, then Message that Battle Timed out.

In this Situation i have to wait 2 - 5 minutes and then battle end is showing.

That is regular Situation wen i join other battles, not missions. FPS or Ping always arround 20, and i have a more or less strong Internet abo.

Do you have any idea what it can be? Ist not cool to Play wen you have another ship than the free Cutter and loose it.

Did you send a bug report through F11? If you didn't, please send it right away the issue happens and post here either the report name (it is copied to clipboard once had been sent) or your character name 

Thanks, reports are there. Could you also please run connection test report, it is the 3-rd option In Steam Launcher.

Meanwhile, please check that router/software is not blocking ports 7770, 8089, 5672, 5222, 8080, 21020-21036, 7401-7600 for the game, also turn off all programs which use internet heavily (like torrent programs, netflix clients), disable antivirus, turn off k9 web protection filter or similar to that filters, also, you can try to put your router into DMZ mode

I don't know if this a common issue that a couple of people are having but when ever i launch the game sometimes it just sits there on a black screen until like 2 mins later when i click anywhere it crashes and turns white leaving me with no option other then a popup saying end the process then other times i launch the game it does the same thing with the black screen, waiting again for couple of mins, then it lets me through to logging onto the server but i can't play worth a dam because of the severe lag when i join a battle it takes like 5 mins by which time i am almost sank same with ports it takes 3-5 mins just to show me the port menu when i enter it. i have been playing since 21st January when it launched on steam up until about 3 days ago when it started to lag and when i joined a battle it put me into it after about 2 mins not as bad as the 5 minute wait and the crashing at the black screen only started yesterday. if there is an issue i am not as computer tech savy as most people you would find and require baby steps :)

PS. I have read a couple of posts regarding similar problems to mine so far i tried disabling my firewall (nothing) Restarted Steam and computer couple of times (Nothing) and i am on windows 10