Game-Labs Forum

Tker on the same team/Unfair battles

Here is the first screen shot taken by jack YYYaaarrrrrr repeatly shot me on the same team. mocking as we try to run. his friends also came in mocking us and shooting us as well.    after this i got a negitive score trying to defend myself and 20 mins wasted.  http://imgur.com/AQ2Qb5r,9KutoVU#0

Second screen shot here. I thought fights are supposed to be some what balanced. explain this. this has truely killed the game for me,    http://imgur.com/2ARxsuM

Also Surrendering does nothing but hurt the player even more so then just dying. was in a battle, lost my bellona in a attack, i surrenderd, I lost my duriblity and had to STILL repair the ship for 10K, i couldnt afford it so i cant sail it   

"Surrender does not destroy durability of the vessel the vessel appears in port with 0 hp requiring full repairs"

This due to glitchs? are the admin lyers? is this game just so messed up and broken they will use "Its in alpha" to get away from explaining such a massive break in the game?

Will the devs, or admins even respond to this?  I cant say.

Edited by Bismarck83

First, I only take reference to the surrender thing, it works.

Yesterday I had to surrender after fighting both a AI and a player in a superior ship and it teleported me to the next harbour, I repaired the damage (I was not down to 0, but the same condition I had ehile surrendering).

2nd The whole surrender mechanic does not belong here, this is the Tribunal, not the Bug/Glich threat we already have.

3rd The Devs don"t lie to us and they do not use the so called "Alpha-excuse" because it is not a excuse. This game is in developement and our -and your- purpose is to test the mechanics and give feedback (in a polite and reasobable manner).

Admin surely follows this and most likely will respond.

Guessing from the screenshot: You are playing as pirate, right? Yyyarrr seems to be pirate aswell.

Just look in the older tribunal threats, teamkilling is allowed for pirates. You joined them, you made the decision to live with this.

But where is the difference to just be sunk?

You loose a dura, spawn in the nearest friendly port and don´t have to repair anything.

Then you also can fire off all cannons until the whole ship is sunk and get some more XP.

Surrender then has no Advantages.

Or you plan to  make it that when sunk you loose a durability AND have to repair.

- Maybe it is just me seing sth wrong but why should People surrender at all with these mechanincs

Nothing good has come from having pirate vs pirate and nothing good will come from it in the future. All it has done is given a lot of new players a negative impression of the game and allowed people to be trolls and exhibit toxic community behavior. It is open to more types of exploits than you can shake a stick at as well. Brings nothing to the game as far as depth of play and overall a mistake that should have been addressed patches ago. I can't imagine it being left in game when it gets opened up to a general audience because it will be a disaster.

Nothing good has come from having pirate vs pirate and nothing good will come from it in the future. All it has done is given a lot of new players a negative impression of the game and allowed people to be trolls and exhibit toxic community behavior. It is open to more types of exploits than you can shake a stick at as well. Brings nothing to the game as far as depth of play and overall a mistake that should have been addressed patches ago. I can't imagine it being left in game when it gets opened up to a general audience because it will be a disaster.

Don't join pirates. Pirate gameplay = hardcore gameplay.

On average you should not expect anything good from a pirate, with some exceptions. 

• Like 1

Btw, the idea that, if pirate is successfully boarded, his character is perma killed is off the table?

It seems that there are too many pirates currently. Yesterday evening, near English Harbor (CET) it looked like from Pirates of Caribbean's terrible third movie...

Admin, I would suggest advertising this plain and clear then to all new players. I would also question what even having pirates in game is? And what exactly defines "hardcore" gameplay? It's just my humble opinion but you are shooting yourselves in the foot by intentionally limiting the scope of play of what would be a popular faction choice. Some of the current exploits I can think of for pirates off the top of my head:

1. Griefing other pirates by joining battle and being placed on same side as them but killing them regardless.

2. Pairing up with other pirate buddies and farming damage off each other....don't need to sink them since you just get rewarded for damage inflicted.

3. Pirate players intentionally initiating combat between each other to avoid nationals.

4. Using nation chat to find out where players are to gank them....especially newer players. 

Love the game and what you guys are doing I just don't understand why have pirates be such a welcome mat for trolls and toxic community play.

Admin, I would suggest advertising this plain and clear then to all new players. I would also question what even having pirates in game is? And what exactly defines "hardcore" gameplay? It's just my humble opinion but you are shooting yourselves in the foot by intentionally limiting the scope of play of what would be a popular faction choice. Some of the current exploits I can think of for pirates off the top of my head:

Pirate mechanics were discussed extensively on the forum. We assumed that many players read the forums and actively participate :)

It was also claimed that pirates are not a nation, but a collective of captains who are free to attack whoever they want. 

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/4637-open-world-prototype-starting-nations/?hl=starting+nations

Teamkills you mention in your comment was clarified recently. Green on green is not allowed. But if you attack another pirate properly you can sink them.

Love the game and what you guys are doing I just don't understand why have pirates be such a welcome mat for trolls and toxic community play.

Nope. Welcome place for trolls and toxic will be Neutral nations, since they can't be attacked in OS, but can join any pvp there and help, making little more "balance" all around. Pirate gameplay presume, that large part of players will be unable to play as pirate for long just because of hardcore. I think this moment will be tuned later, when gameplay will be turned into complete picture.