Game-Labs Forum

Compatibility warning

admin

For benchmark purposes, I'm on Windows 10, six gig of ram, gtx650 graphics card with one gig, running on a core 2 quad at 2.4ghz

I'm getting high tends too low twenties fps in open world, and in a battle instance a solid 25 plus, all on medium.

Good enough that the sailing is smooth and the water looks good.

For reference, this pc cost me just under £200 on eBay during an eBay store sale.

Edited by Falcon
  • Like 1

I would not try plaing the game with onboard Grafics.

HD4600 may be able to open the game. However, the FPS you will get out of that thing are more than questionable.

I suspect in the 10s FPS whilst playing on lowest settings.

mmmmmmm but this card is DRX 9, is posible open the game with direx 9 or 10?

note from bungee:

this is wrong information. the intel HD 4600 does support dx 11.1

sorry for late reply.

Edited by BungeeLemming

Will the new Surface pro 4 be able to run this game? the high end surface has  the integrated grahics card i7: Intel Iris graphics

run yes, well probably not too well, intel has never really been strong in the GPU front, and while iris graphics are leaps and bounds a ahead of previous GPUs from intel, it is still around low end gaming card level performance, but it will run it.

Hey Guy's,

I was wondering if you can help me ;) I'm curently using a Win 10 system WITH Dx12 -.- all other requirements for the game are fine,  but the direct x 12 wont let me play with more than 8 Fps.

So i went to Directx and serched for a dx11 version running on Win 10. but all Dx versions i could find are just using as operating System Win 8 or 8.1 -.-

Do you have any ideas except for waitig for an update?

kind regards

Mayhem

Hello,

I have just purchased this game from STEAM and when i joined the game and clicked 'SAIL', i only see the sky and no water, wood creaking sound ,seems to be FROZEN that way.

I restarted the game, deleted the accounted again created new one, but issue seems to persist.

I am from India and my PC specs are :

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
       System Model: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
               BIOS: BIOS Date: 07/03/13 20:48:49 Ver: 04.06.05
          Processor: Intel® Core i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
             Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16314MB RAM
          Page File: 5575MB used, 10937MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
   User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
 System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
     DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
       Manufacturer: NVIDIA
          Chip type: GeForce GTX 770
           DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
         Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1184&SUBSYS_325519DA&REV_A1
     Display Memory: 4038 MB
   Dedicated Memory: 1990 MB
      Shared Memory: 2048 MB
       Current Mode: 1600 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)

I do have DX11 and a very decent graphic card, so why am i not able to play?
Pls help.

PFA : Img of the screen where i am stuck.

post-18168-0-75020100-1454160904_thumb.png

TheMarathaEmpire, please make sure you are using the latest video drivers, then try to reinstall visual studio redist and the game. If it doesn't help, go to "SteamApps\common\Naval Action\Client_Data\Plugins" and open CPU_WaterGen.cfg in any text editor. Replace "-- use_SSE4 = false" line with "use_SSE4 = false" (remove two minuses on front of it). Do the same with "SteamApps\common\Naval Action\Client_Data\Plugi64\CPU_WaterGen.cfg" file. And try to run game. If the issue is still there, try to run the game by selecting "Play Naval Action Beta (x86) in the steam launcher options.

my sepecs are :

BIOS: A05 ; CPU : i7-5500U @ 2,4GHz ; RAM 16GB; Direct x  12 ; radeon R7 M270 (4GB)

the problem is, if i want to download Direct x 11.2 all sites move me and try to force me to download Win 8.1 there seems to be none standalone win 10 version for direct x 11.2

my sepecs are :

BIOS: A05 ; CPU : i7-5500U @ 2,4GHz ; RAM 16GB; Direct x  12 ; radeon R7 M270 (4GB)

the problem is, if i want to download Direct x 11.2 all sites move me and try to force me to download Win 8.1 there seems to be none standalone win 10 version for direct x 11.2

Are you sure about that being the problem? looking at your GPU, i would rather say that the problem is the power of your GPU, what settings are you running at?

edit: looking at the GPU specs, that is definitely where the problem lies, nothing to do with your DX version, if you want more FPS, put everything at the lowest setting or the more expensive option, buy a better pc.

My system is Win7 Pro x64, E8400, 4Gb DDR2 RAM, HD6850 1 Gb. (5+ years old system; only GPU was updated a couple of years ago and drivers up to date)

I can run the game on customized high settings pretty well. FPS count is 15-20, but it does not feel laggy. The problem is that if I start Naval Action (the 1st option in the launch list), which I suppose is x64 version, I can see graphical glitches ("blinking snow field"), but if I start x86 version all looks fine. So, in spite of having x64 Win 7, I cannot run x64 version. Any suggestions?

My system is Win7 Pro x64, E8400, 4Gb DDR2 RAM, HD6850 1 Gb. (5+ years old system; only GPU was updated a couple of years ago and drivers up to date)

I can run the game on customized high settings pretty well. FPS count is 15-20, but it does not feel laggy. The problem is that if I start Naval Action (the 1st option in the launch list), which I suppose is x64 version, I can see graphical glitches ("blinking snow field"), but if I start x86 version all looks fine. So, in spite of having x64 Win 7, I cannot run x64 version. Any suggestions?

Got the latest Drivers available for your GPU?

TheMarathaEmpire, please make sure you are using the latest video drivers, then try to reinstall visual studio redist and the game. If it doesn't help, go to "SteamApps\common\Naval Action\Client_Data\Plugins" and open CPU_WaterGen.cfg in any text editor. Replace "-- use_SSE4 = false" line with "use_SSE4 = false" (remove two minuses on front of it). Do the same with "SteamApps\common\Naval Action\Client_Data\Plugi64\CPU_WaterGen.cfg" file. And try to run game. If the issue is still there, try to run the game by selecting "Play Naval Action Beta (x86) in the steam launcher options.

Ty for the quick reply.

I did as u recommended.

1. I reinstalled the game, vs redist too and the drivers. (it didn't work)

2. Then i did the changes u mentioned in the steam folder. (didn't work)

3. Then i launched the Beta (x86) too, when i did this the only difference was that now, i see SOME water, as compared to NONE in my earlier pic i send you. (PFA)

But its still not working.

post-18168-0-57532200-1454167411_thumb.png

Ty for the quick reply.

I did as u recommended.

1. I reinstalled the game, vs redist too and the drivers. (it didn't work)

2. Then i did the changes u mentioned in the steam folder. (didn't work)

3. Then i launched the Beta (x86) too, when i did this the only difference was that now, i see SOME water, as compared to NONE in my earlier pic i send you. (PFA)

But its still not working.

Please send the bug report via F11 bug reporter, I will address the issue

Hi,

i'd also like to play naval action. Actually i've already been waiting for such a realistic age-of-sail-game for quite a while.

The only problem is that i'm in doubt if my computer can run the game, so here short system-info:

PC: Acer aspire v3 771g notebook (maybe that's a problem already)

Processor: intel core i7-3610QM 2,3 - 3,2 GHz

GPU: nVidia GeForce GT 640M 2GB

Memory: 16GB DDR3

HDD: 1TB HDD and 120GB SSD

I think that is below the minimum system requirements that i found, but i had a little hope when i read here that it was playable with an i3-3220.

Hopefully the qeustion is not too much annoying as i'm the 10th guy asking the same.

Are you sure about that being the problem? looking at your GPU, i would rather say that the problem is the power of your GPU, what settings are you running at?

edit: looking at the GPU specs, that is definitely where the problem lies, nothing to do with your DX version, if you want more FPS, put everything at the lowest setting or the more expensive option, buy a better pc.

Thanks for reply. Drivers are up to date (2-3 months old).

The problem is that I can run x86 version (that is x32bit OS) fine, but not x64 version, the game is optimized for as far as I know. Well, Steam and also Naval Action are installed in Program Files x86 folder. I wonder if that is relevant.

Edited by Stilgar

TheMarathaEmpire, could you please also try to set Compatibility with Windows 7 on the both client.exe and client_,exe files (here \SteamApps\common\Naval Action) to check if it works because there were recently cases when it helped to resolve the issue.

Hi,

i'd also like to play naval action. Actually i've already been waiting for such a realistic age-of-sail-game for quite a while.

The only problem is that i'm in doubt if my computer can run the game, so here short system-info:

PC: Acer aspire v3 771g notebook (maybe that's a problem already)

Processor: intel core i7-3610QM 2,3 - 3,2 GHz

GPU: nVidia GeForce GT 640M 2GB

Memory: 16GB DDR3

HDD: 1TB HDD and 120GB SSD

I think that is below the minimum system requirements that i found, but i had a little hope when i read here that it was playable with an i3-3220.

Hopefully the qeustion is not too much annoying as i'm the 10th guy asking the same.

You will be able to play on custom low-med settings, just nake sure to turn anti aliasing off as it is the main FPS consumer

Hi! My new config will be probably like this: i7 Cpu, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M and Windows 10 (64 bit). Is it OK to play? I'm a little bit worried about the whole Dx11 thing. Windows 10 has Dx12, hasn't it? :mellow:

it will be fine...

• Like 1

Hello, i wanna know before i buy this wonderful game if i can play.

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.151230-0600)

Processor: Intel® Core i5-2310 CPU @ 2.90GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.9GHz

Memory: 4096MB RAM

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Card name: AMD Radeon HD 6450

Display Memory: 2798 MB

Thanks very much.